Consciousness, Brain, THETA, & "Night Classes"

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OK, here we go... Setting up "matrix" of how I KNOW a "Night Class" is to be held (that night; I have had several...); in my bedroom, I hear/feel a humming sound. "Soft", "low" (deep); like a AAAUUUMMMMMM; MAYBE in THETA. OTHERS have heard a mechanical humming; wife heard NOTHING. Last night, I wasn't tired; went to bed @ 11:30 pm. head hit the pillow, I/M C (I/Me Consciousness) was OUT... in a classroom with others (didn't know 'em) in "DAY-TIME".

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Prof" (Teacher, that I DON'T know) was showing the class, a Flip-Chart of what appeared to be molecules with lines connecting 'em ( you would think they would use Power-Point...) BUT! The Molecules were 8-sided, and looks like a SCIENCE presentation... HA! HATED Science in my early days.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We know that Melatonin is secreted/created from Pineal Gland, in the BRAIN; as well from FOOD, such as MEAT (PROBABLY White Meat: Pork, Poultry, Sea-food...), Grains, Fruits, & Vegetables. SOMEHOW, the PINEAL GLAND has "inhibitors"
preventing NATURAL "production" of Melatonin; "C": WHAT are those "inhibitors"?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Already posted it... got "kicked off. Will try again, later.

Rebel do you mean the computer kicked you off, I do not see where we pulled your thread or deleted it?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
GOOD CLASS... Conclusion after MUCH discussion: Similar to what "C" wrote... 7 small, "light" meals a day, instead of 3 "heavy" meals; eat/drink NOTHING after 7 pm; if you GOTTA drink something, make it water or go DECAF. "C": WHAT does Caffeine do to the BRAIN?
NO Alcohol, Drugs (Pot, etc.), NO "contortions" of un-natural kind... LOL! Make PERSONAL time/space for yourself & QUIET. Tell family... THIS is MY time & space; BE STILL & LISTEN. As "C" said... OTC Melatonin is available; MAY be a GOOD start, until NATURAL Melatonin "kicks in". GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel do you mean the computer kicked you off, I do not see where we pulled your thread or deleted it?

YEP! It MAY have been my "Server" or something; NEVER "said' it was T-Net... it has been happening for the past several days.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel: 1. Foods high in tryptophan make people sleepy (in theory.) Turkey is the classic example that I know of. Tryptophan is the precursor amino acid for melatonin. It is theorized to increase production of melatonin in the pineal gland and thus release.

2. There are no foods that will prevent release of or breakdown of melatonin. Release of melatonin is stimulated by going from light to darkness. People in Alaska during the summer months with nonstop life have a heck of a time falling to sleep. So, I guess you could say light is a natural inhibitor. (via the occipital cortex) Also, some indirect neuronal tracts branch off to other areas of the brain when the optic tracts deccasate at the optic chiasm.

3. Caffeine and other stimulants can keep people awake. However, these act at a different area of the brain than the Pineal gland. They work mostly at the Reticular Activiating Center. The RAC is considered to be the part of the brain responsible for attention and awareness. Melatonin released at the pineal gland is not strong enough to override it.

4. The subthalamus, hypothalamus, and internal capsule are also considered to be involved in attention/sleep-wake cycle; but, much less is understood about their function and role.

Hope this helps,
Crisp

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel: 1. Foods high in tryptophan make people sleepy (in theory.) Turkey is the classic example that I know of. Tryptophan is the precursor amino acid for melatonin. It is theorized to increase production of melatonin in the pineal gland and thus release.

2. There are no foods that will prevent release of or breakdown of melatonin. Release of melatonin is stimulated by going from light to darkness. People in Alaska during the summer months with nonstop life have a heck of a time falling to sleep. So, I guess you could say light is a natural inhibitor. (via the occipital cortex) Also, some indirect neuronal tracts branch off to other areas of the brain when the optic tracts deccasate at the optic chiasm.

3. Caffeine and other stimulants can keep people awake. However, these act at a different area of the brain than the Pineal gland. They work mostly at the Reticular Activiating Center. The RAC is considered to be the part of the brain responsible for attention and awareness. Melatonin released at the pineal gland is not strong enough to override it.

4. The subthalamus, hypothalamus, and internal capsule are also considered to be involved in attention/sleep-wake cycle; but, much less is understood about their function and role.

Hope this helps,
Crisp

IT DOES! Sub-way has GREAT Turkey Subs, etc... GO FOR IT!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You can probably find anything OTC at Wal-Mart. There is no mechanism in the small intestine to absorb tryptophan. Proteins from turkery are absorbed and broken down into their basic amino acids in the blood stream. Most OTC Vitamins, Amino Acids, Whatever are a scam. what they say is in there may actually be; but, the body just defecates or micturates it out unaltered because there is no way to absorb it. makes sense from an evoltionary perspective. People eat plants and animals. We don't go outside and eat a block of tryptophan or melantonin. They do not exist in pure forms in nature.

Always be skeptical of anything that is labeled "natural." Very few "natural" OTC drugs actually are. Unless it is harvested directly from a plant or mineral; or unless it is processed directly from an animal; then it was isolated and processed in a laboratory. And hence, no more natural then any labeled "non-natural" prescripton drug.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You can probably find anything OTC at Wal-Mart. There is no mechanism in the small intestine to absorb tryptophan. Proteins from turkery are absorbed and broken down into their basic amino acids in the blood stream. Most OTC Vitamins, Amino Acids, Whatever are a scam. what they say is in there may actually be; but, the body just defecates or micturates it out unaltered because there is no way to absorb it. makes sense from an evoltionary perspective. People eat plants and animals. We don't go outside and eat a block of tryptophan or melantonin. They do not exist in pure forms in nature.

Always be skeptical of anything that is labeled "natural." Very few "natural" OTC drugs actually are. Unless it is harvested directly from a plant or mineral; or unless it is processed directly from an animal; then it was isolated and processed in a laboratory. And hence, no more natural then any labeled "non-natural" prescripton drug.

HA! Part of my therapy after "coming back" was NATURAL supplements to induce sleep; first, I was taking 2 St Johns Wort, and they WORKED. Added Kava Kava, and they WORKED... BUT! I was seeing Fire Flies on the wall in my bedroom; went up to wall... they weren't there... LOL! It WAS a HAUNTED house up in the Tobacco Row Mountains, tho.
I stopped Kava Kava; then, St. Johns Wort. Tried Typtophan, it WORKED; then Melatonin; it WORKED. Don't have to take ANYTHING, now. Meditation must be producing Pineal Gland Melatonin...

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel: Stay away from the "natural" supplements. I am begging you, for your safety. I agree that both St. Johns Wort and Kava Kava can "work" but they are DANGEROUS. Look at it this way: the pharmaceutical industry is huge money. If St. John's Wort was effective and SAFE then a company would patent it, control the production, and make billions. This has not happened with St. John's Wort becasue it is not safe and is dangerous.

Yes, meditation can also cause release of melatonin in the pineal gland. I agree. I have various different techniques of meditation to help me sleep after processing the horrors of each day. however, meditation is not something easily learned and obtained. You know where I am going with this...not for the masses.

Please, for the love of Dog, stay away from those supplements.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel: Stay away from the "natural" supplements. I am begging you, for your safety. I agree that both St. Johns Wort and Kava Kava can "work" but they are DANGEROUS. Look at it this way: the pharmaceutical industry is huge money. If St. John's Wort was effective and SAFE then a company would patent it, control the production, and make billions. This has not happened with St. John's Wort becasue it is not safe and is dangerous.

Yes, meditation can also cause release of melatonin in the pineal gland. I agree. I have various different techniques of meditation to help me sleep after processing the horrors of each day. however, meditation is not something easily learned and obtained. You know where I am going with this...not for the masses.

Please, for the love of Dog, stay away from those supplements.

RELAX, don't need anything now; NOT taking ANYTHING... THANKS for "caring", tho.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NO Night Class, last night... YET! WILL share about my FIRST one; on NUMBERS. I HATED Arithmetic/Math as I was growing up, in college, too. BAH HUMBUG! LOVED the girls in classes, more...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We were ALL in a classroom; men & women @ 40 - 50 years of age; didn't know ANY of 'em. Sort of like first day class in college... "Prof" (Teacher) "broke the ice" by asking a question... "Can you get NOTHING from NOTHING?" "We" (students) all looked around... NO ONE had an answer. "Prof": "Of COURSE you can... multiply 0 x 0 = 0!" Burst of laughter... release of tension; sighs of JOY (the other "students" were as "confused" as I, for being "there").

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The BASIC numbers are 1 - 9; Are repeated after that by addition... 10 is 1 + 0 = 1, etc. It was FASCINATING to me, as I watched and learned the mysteries of NUMBERS; wrote in all down on paper, in a folder. Even had the SYMBOLISM of numbers 1 - 9 explained... such as 1 is "The DOT"... for DOG; LOL!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MY "fave", was the MYSTERIES of the number NINE (9); 9, x 2 = 18 (1 + 8 = 9), 9 x 3 = 27 (2 + 7 = 9), etc. Then look at how 18, 27, 36... 1(8), 2(7), 3(6), etc. THEN... (1)8, (2)7, (3)6. 8, 7, 6... 1, 2, 3... WHOO! Wish I woulda known all this in school; MAY have ended up as a MATH Teacher/Scientist. BUT! then, wouldn't have gotten the girls... LOL! ROFL! HOT! HOT! HOT!
I think the "learning" I was to get, was to "exercise" my LEFT brain (?!?)... the side of BRAIN for NUMBERS.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread