Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=1]Cabela's boycotting Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show over gun flap[/h]
[h=2]Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show won't allow display or sale of assault-style weapons, leading to a boycott, protests.[/h]

Cabela's, which owns this store near Hamburg, Berks County, is boycotting… (MORNING CALL FILE PHOTO )

January 21, 2013|By Gary R. Blockus, Of The Morning Call
Anyone planning to attend the annual Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg next month for the chance to rub elbows with hunting celebrities like Lee and Tiffany Lakoski, or Ralph and Vicki Cianciarulo, may need to rethink those plans.
As of Monday, the two celebrity hunting couples, along with major sponsor Cabela's and dozens of other vendors, have pulled their appearances from the largest consumer-related outdoors show in North America due to a new policy by the show's organizer.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=1]List of vendors, personalities boycotting Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show[/h]
The website My Northeast Outdoors, whose creators support a boycott of next month's Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show in Harrisburg, has published a running list of vendors and personalities that have pulled out of the show.
Reed Exhibitions, which organizes the show, announced recently that vendors could not display or sell some classes of weapons and ammunition at the show.

List of vendors, personalities boycotting Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show - York Dispatch

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a good thing...we gun owners shouldn't be doing business with anybody that limits our rights in any way. I also never watch the mainstream news...same reason.
Jim

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Cabela's boycotting Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show over gun flap

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show won't allow display or sale of assault-style weapons, leading to a boycott, protests.

Cabela's, which owns this store near Hamburg, Berks County, is boycotting… (MORNING CALL FILE PHOTO )

January 21, 2013|By Gary R. Blockus, Of The Morning Call
Anyone planning to attend the annual Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg next month for the chance to rub elbows with hunting celebrities like Lee and Tiffany Lakoski, or Ralph and Vicki Cianciarulo, may need to rethink those plans.
As of Monday, the two celebrity hunting couples, along with major sponsor Cabela's and dozens of other vendors, have pulled their appearances from the largest consumer-related outdoors show in North America due to a new policy by the show's organizer.

KEY point being; "the show's organizer". WHY...?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hit em where it hurts em most -- in the wallet --gun owners of all types must stick together or else they will put us into many smaller camps -- rifle vs shotgun vs pistol owners --dog hunters vs still hunters and wipe us out camp by camp

as the old saying goes --when the nazi's came for the jews --I did not worry --i wasn't jewish , when they came for the poles , I said nothing because I wasn't polish , when they came for the catholics , I did nothing because I wasn't catholic , when they finally came for me there was no one left in the neighborhood to help me.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NRA pulls out of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

Posted: Jan 23, 2013 5:43 AM EST Updated: Jan 23, 2013 5:43 AM EST By Ali Lanyon - bio | email

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) - The National Rifle Association has pulled out of the upcoming Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg.
According to a press release, the NRA made the move because of the organizer's "refusal to reconsider their decision to ban Modern Sporting Rifles" from the event, which begins February 2.

NRA pulls out of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show - abc27 WHTM

[h=2]State Rep. aims to make Federal Gun Laws Null in PA[/h]

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Wow! The revolt has started and the same can be done in an election. Hope our representatives see the light. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Rebel, do you ever post complete sentences? It really helps with the actual meaning and upgrades it from just a snide remark that actually has no meaning. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show postponed until further notice

The Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, which had been scheduled to start Feb. 2 at the Farm Show complex in Harrisburg, has been postponed until further notice in the midst of controversy over this year's ban on selling certain weapons. The statement from the outdoor show's website is as follows:
"Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

http://www.abc27.com/story/20668912/eastern-sports-and-outdoor-show-postponed

Last edited:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will the sportshows sell beer at their functions? The last one I went to in Sacramento a few weeks ago did. Will they sell fattening foods like corndogs and sugary sodas? I'm sure they will. What will PETA think of all the stuffed fish and animals? I think the sport shows should only display knitting items and the points of the knitting needles need to be ground until dull.

Jaydell

Jul 8, 2012
Hedgesville, WV
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have went to the show for a very long time and never would I have thought it would have been shutdown from the results of selling a gun! Sad show of the times we are living in!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread