Two words: Kent State

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there anything in that article besides pure speculation? I tried to run down the sources and they all came back to Alex Jones.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a survey several years ago done on Marines and a couple questions were on would you fire on American citizens. It was done at base on 29 Palms in Calif if I remember correctly. Not where I can research it right now.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There was a survey several years ago done on Marines and a couple questions were on would you fire on American citizens. It was done at base on 29 Palms in Calif if I remember correctly. Not where I can research it right now.

I think they would follow orders of IMMEDIATE commanding officer; they would CERTAINLY be "CONFLICTED" and have Cognitive Dissonance.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would'nt be a good idea for Obama.. One thing that American gun owners have is knowledge of their firearms.. Not to mention that alot of U.S. firearm owners are ex-military.. To fire on your own people is ludacrist in my opinion but if he does choose to do this you can mark my words there will be a civil war in this country.. Obama is entering dangerous waters if he chooses to go this route.. Meanwhile when he is trying to take firearms away from people who have done nothing wrong the crimminals and people who should'nt have these weapons still roam our streets and cities and towns.. I agree that certain people should not be able to own firearms but trying to disarm the men and women who abide by the laws and regulations is not the route we need to go.. They want my guns they can have them when I run out of ammunition.. If fellow gun owners do not share this same opinion then yes he will be able to accomplish disarming us all. But I for one believe there are more like me out there and that if this disarming is attempted it will fail.. Hold your firearms tight and fight for what our founding fathers gave us.. Don't let some tyrant trying to leave his mark on America violate your rights as an American.. If we allow him to do this we might as well just go back under the control of the British because what we fought for will mean nothing... God Bless The 2nd amendment and go screw yourself Obama...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I remember seeing part of that survey. It was published a while back, but i can't recall the publication. I think on the copy I saw The Marine answered" HELL NO " when asked if he would fire on US citizens. Maybe the fact that he is one had something to do with it. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I remember seeing part of that survey. It was published a while back, but i can't recall the publication. I think on the copy I saw The Marine answered" HELL NO " when asked if he would fire on US citizens. Maybe the fact that he is one had something to do with it. Frank

View attachment 730088

Was he "active duty"...? Gotta follow orders of CO...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think you missed something Rebel, You only have to follow LAWFUL ORDERS! You didn't read your enlistment papers. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a former Marine I do not think they would shot on citizens, I can't speak for the other branches. I have wondered this for a while, after watching the Siege. If marshal law was ever enacted would the military actually fire on US citizens, I would hope not but orders are orders. I would say that unless the soldier or Marine is threatened by death like in Russia, I would like to think they wouldn't. Thanks

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Would'nt be a good idea for Obama.. One thing that American gun owners have is knowledge of their firearms.. Not to mention that alot of U.S. firearm owners are ex-military.. To fire on your own people is ludacrist in my opinion but if he does choose to do this you can mark my words there will be a civil war in this country.. Obama is entering dangerous waters if he chooses to go this route.. Meanwhile when he is trying to take firearms away from people who have done nothing wrong the crimminals and people who should'nt have these weapons still roam our streets and cities and towns.. I agree that certain people should not be able to own firearms but trying to disarm the men and women who abide by the laws and regulations is not the route we need to go.. They want my guns they can have them when I run out of ammunition.. If fellow gun owners do not share this same opinion then yes he will be able to accomplish disarming us all. But I for one believe there are more like me out there and that if this disarming is attempted it will fail.. Hold your firearms tight and fight for what our founding fathers gave us.. Don't let some tyrant trying to leave his mark on America violate your rights as an American.. If we allow him to do this we might as well just go back under the control of the British because what we fought for will mean nothing... God Bless The 2nd amendment and go screw yourself Obama...

Your response suggests that you put full faith in the claim at hand. "Obama is entering dangerous waters if he chooses to go this route" - So you genuinienly think this is something that the President is actively considering? Like it is one of his agendas to "fire upon Americans"? Take a step back from your highly politically charged comments and think about it for a moment.

People will believe anything...

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your response suggests that you put full faith in the claim at hand. "Obama is entering dangerous waters if he chooses to go this route" - So you genuinienly think this is something that the President is actively considering? Like it is one of his agendas to "fire upon Americans"? Take a step back from your highly politically charged comments and think about it for a moment.

This is a man with four more years and then he's done.. In my opinion he is capable of anything at this point.. To not at least put a little belief in this would be putting our heads in the sand.. This is not being extreme in my opinon but being cautious.. But everybody is entitled to their individual opinion and I for one hope your right..

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes Money does crazy things to people (Let's call it Mercenaries?)

Also we've taken out 53million little people in the last 40 years so what's the big deal, to those who think they know better then we to take out a few million big boy's?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they would follow orders of IMMEDIE commanding officer; they would CERTAINLY be "CONFLICTED" and have Cognitive Dissonance.

If he has soldiers fire on civilians because they are defending the 2nd amend he will have crossed a line of no return and you can bet it will be the start of a civil war. Soldiers are not required to follow unlawful orders. I have talked to a coupl soldiers I met and asked them, i cant quote them due to language except to say it was no way would they fire, the adjectives used were stronger.

He is using gun control to draw attention away from the poor economy, high unemployment and the other issues.

Good news is now there is someone below jimmy carter on list....

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that it is far more likely now than before 911.

In the past the national guard, the state militia, was called in to deal will civil insurrections, disasters, protests, uprisings, rather than the military (Federal).

From what I have seen and experienced, we are in grave danger of becoming a police state , assuming that we have not already become one.

This is what terrorists want, as their goal is to create such an oppressive police state that it is overthrown by its citizens.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you are being unfair on Jimmy Carter, the 39th President of the United States, who as a Naval Officer and had military experience.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

AGREE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread