Folks, A question on the right to bear arms......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
QUOTE "In my world, only the US Supreme Court has the right to do that. Anybody who interprets the US constitution for themselves; regardless of how they phrase or label it, borders on sedition and treason"
Are you saying that the Supreme Court is not capable of being "treasonous"? They too need watching, even closer wathching than the elected. They are "appointed" by the incumbent president and usually have the mindset of that incumbent. Should the people find the Supreme Court treasonous, then they shall be replaced, no matter the method used.

"No matter the method used"... ? WOW!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it's not just "SOME" people. Our entire military has sworn to uphold and protect the constitution as is the Supreme Court. Their job is to fairly interpret the constitution and apply it's meaning to PROTECT the citizens of this country against tyranny of ALL types, not twist it's meaning like ambulance-chasing lawyers.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
And it's not just "SOME" people. Our entire military has sworn to uphold and protect the constitution as is the Supreme Court. Their job is to fairly interpret the constitution and apply it's meaning to PROTECT the citizens of this country against tyranny of ALL types, not twist it's meaning like ambulance-chasing lawyers.

WOW! WOW! Brings up the question... WHO would determine that the US SUPREME COURT is TREASONOUS; REALLY wanna know...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW! WOW! Brings up the question... WHO would determine that the US SUPREME COURT is TREASONOUS; REALLY wanna know...

Who do you think it should be?

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
A Judge in the USA makes judgements. The Supreme Court writes opinions. That gives the court an option to revisit the "Opinion" in the future although it might take some arm twisting. Right now the court has a conservative majority. The majority changes. Some of the Constitution and it's amendments were not written in a way that would leave out interpretation. The 2nd is an example.
What should be left out of the conversation though is the all too often used phrase "Our Founding Fathers" and what they meant. They are dead and we will never know what they meant. So the Supreme Court will write "Opinions".
If seriously considered the rights to bear arms and free speech and assembly are really liberal inspired rights. A conservative opinion would limit those rights. Que' NO?
Conservatives fought hard to severally limit those rights in the 60's during the anti-war and civil rights movements, and not limited to clubs and guns. It included spying and assassinations. So....Who do you trust?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HVacker,

Thanks for the input.....well thought out post.

Regards + HH

Bill

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We do know what the founding fathers thought.....the left lots of papers with their thoughts and opinions....

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good question Rebel and I'm not sure of the checks and balances on the Supreme Court but I'm sure they exist. I don't believe there is a big rebellion brewing but, if the Supreme Court started amending the constitution in a way that would REMOVE "percieved" rights from the people, anything can happen. If you look at our timeline, humans have been around and at war for thousands of years, our country has only been around for a few hundred. We are in our infancy as a nation compared to most of the rest of the world and we are the nation we are due to a strong military. It was an armed citizenry that became the army that liberated this country. Many of the soldiers used the same rifles and pistols they used for hunting and self defense as civilians. Had they not had weapons could they have still revolted? Why didn't they just "vote" the British out? Sometimes Rebel, force, or defense against force needs to come into play and that may involve a gun to be successful.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread