Folks, A question on the right to bear arms...... - Page 4
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Folks, A question on the right to bear arms......

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2007
    13759 times
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker View Post
    And it's not just "SOME" people. Our entire military has sworn to uphold and protect the constitution as is the Supreme Court. Their job is to fairly interpret the constitution and apply it's meaning to PROTECT the citizens of this country against tyranny of ALL types, not twist it's meaning like ambulance-chasing lawyers.
    WOW! WOW! Brings up the question... WHO would determine that the US SUPREME COURT is TREASONOUS; REALLY wanna know...

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6663 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post

WOW! WOW! Brings up the question... WHO would determine that the US SUPREME COURT is TREASONOUS; REALLY wanna know...
    Who do you think it should be?
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    My Head
    1768 times
    A Judge in the USA makes judgements. The Supreme Court writes opinions. That gives the court an option to revisit the "Opinion" in the future although it might take some arm twisting. Right now the court has a conservative majority. The majority changes. Some of the Constitution and it's amendments were not written in a way that would leave out interpretation. The 2nd is an example.
    What should be left out of the conversation though is the all too often used phrase "Our Founding Fathers" and what they meant. They are dead and we will never know what they meant. So the Supreme Court will write "Opinions".
    If seriously considered the rights to bear arms and free speech and assembly are really liberal inspired rights. A conservative opinion would limit those rights. Que' NO?
    Conservatives fought hard to severally limit those rights in the 60's during the anti-war and civil rights movements, and not limited to clubs and guns. It included spying and assassinations. So....Who do you trust?
    Last edited by hvacker; Jan 24, 2013 at 01:28 PM.
    bill from lachine likes this.

ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    39909 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    HVacker,

Thanks for the input.....well thought out post.

Regards + HH

Bill

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6663 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    We do know what the founding fathers thought.....the left lots of papers with their thoughts and opinions....
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    That is a good question Rebel and I'm not sure of the checks and balances on the Supreme Court but I'm sure they exist. I don't believe there is a big rebellion brewing but, if the Supreme Court started amending the constitution in a way that would REMOVE "percieved" rights from the people, anything can happen. If you look at our timeline, humans have been around and at war for thousands of years, our country has only been around for a few hundred. We are in our infancy as a nation compared to most of the rest of the world and we are the nation we are due to a strong military. It was an armed citizenry that became the army that liberated this country. Many of the soldiers used the same rifles and pistols they used for hunting and self defense as civilians. Had they not had weapons could they have still revolted? Why didn't they just "vote" the British out? Sometimes Rebel, force, or defense against force needs to come into play and that may involve a gun to be successful.
    Crispin likes this.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29818 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thread is locked.....
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links