The American Revolution Started Over Disarmament - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: The American Revolution Started Over Disarmament

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2007
    13727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselram94 View Post
    Rebel, you seem to be obsessed with just trying to debate everyone about everything.........but i will say your views are in the minority.....We ain't about to surrender, fingerprint, register our guns

We will see...
    And as far as dumping coffee goes the over reaching epa would hang anyone who tried......

Lets just not dump soda though, agreed?
    NO CAN DO...

Jun 2007
    13727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    The Boston Tea party, which of course was earlier than Lexington, was engineering by a small group of citizens, mainly businessmen protesting taxes. Rather than pay tax on the tea, they threw it into the harbor. There was also the "no taxation without representation" mindset going thru the colonies. The people were getting sick and tired of being told they had to pay all these taxes and did not have the right to manufacture goods for themselves, but had to buy everything from England. Kind of like today,huh? Patrick Henry of Virginia, said "give me liberty, or give me death." Things had been brewing for awhile, and by the time Lexington came around, George III, aka Fat George, had decided the colonists needed to be taught a lesson. BAADDD attitude. When the Brits came into Lexington, their intention was indeed to disarm the locals, not to collect taxes, the ultimate goal was state control of what George saw as rebellion brewing. He was right....rebellion had been brewing. At the time of Lexington and Concord and throughout the entire Revolution, the people in the colonies were evenly divided. Half wanted a new country. Half wanted to stay under the rule of the crown (Loyalists) and the other half just wanted to be left alone. Yes, that's three halves, but it is actually fairly close to reality for the time. A few days ago, several states told the Federal Government they would NOT participate in new gun control measures. Did we just see the 2nd Boston Tea party?
    Patrick Henry's Plantation, Red Hill, is @ 40 miles south of me; NICE place... VERY ISOLATED!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola
    22738 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (7)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    So what's going to happen when the government checks bounce and millions of people run out of everything? It's coming....the tax and spend folks are spending and spending and it will end. Somehow.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29601 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    NAW... it was the Boston Tea Party "thing"; why do you think the "new Republicans" are called the TEA PARTY...? DUH!
    Rebel,

The Tea Party got its name because of its strong anti-tax stance. It is a party that believes in a strict adherence to the United States Constitution, reduction of our national debt, reduction of government spending, and taxes...

(Free history lesson) Here is a time line for you Rebel of the events leading up to the American Revoultion.....

Major Events That Led to the American Revolution

The road to revolution built slowly over time. Many events fed the growing desire of the thirteen colonies for independence. Following are the major events that led to the Revolution.
    • 1754-1763 - French and Indian War
      This war between Britain and France ended with the victorious British deeply in debt and demanding more revenue from the colonies. With the defeat of the French, the colonies became less dependent on Britain for protection.
    • 1763 - Proclamation of 1763
      This prohibited settlement beyond the Appalachian Mountains. While Britain did not intend to harm the colonists, many colonists took offense at this order.
    • 1764 - Sugar Act
      This act raised revenue by increasing duties on sugar imported from the West Indies.
    • 1764 - Currency Act
      Parliament argued that colonial currency had caused a devaluation harmful to British trade. They banned American assemblies from issuing paper bills or bills of credit.
    • 1764 - Committees of Correspondence
      Organized by Samuel Adams, these helped spread propaganda and information through letters.
    • 1765 - Quartering Act
      Britain ordered that colonists were to house and feed British soldiers if necessary.
    • 1765 - Stamp Act
      This required tax stamps on many items and documents including playing cards, newspapers, and marriage licenses. Prime Minister George Grenville stated that this direct tax was intended for the colonies to pay for defense. Previous taxes imposed by Britain had been indirect, or hidden.
      • 1765 - Stamp Act Congress
        In 1765, 27 delegates from nine colonies met in New York City and drew up a statement of rights and grievances thereby bringing colonies together in opposition to Britain.
      • 1765 - Sons and Daughters of Liberty
        Colonists tried to fight back by imposing non-importation agreements. The Sons of Liberty often took the law into their own hands enforcing these 'agreements' by methods such as tar and feathering.

• 1767 - Townshend Acts
      These taxes were imposed to help make the colonial officials independent of the colonists and included duties on glass, paper, and tea. Smugglers increased their activities to avoid the tax leading to more troops in Boston.
    • 1770 -Boston Massacre
      The colonists and British soldiers openly clashed in Boston. This event was used as an example of British cruelty despite questions about how it actually occurred.
    • 1773 - Tea Act
      To assist the failing British East India Company, the Company was given a monopoly to trade tea in America.
      • 1773 - Boston Tea Party
        A group of colonists disguised as Indians dumped tea overboard from three ships in Boston Harbor.

• 1774 - Intolerable Acts
      These were passed in response to the Boston Tea Party and placed restrictions on the colonists including outlawing town meetings and the closing of Boston Harbor.
    • 1774 - First Continental Congress
      In response to the Intolerable Acts, 12 of the 13 colonies met in Philadelphia from September-October, 1774. One of the main results of this was the creation of The Association calling for a boycott of British goods.
    • 1775 - Lexington and Concord
      In April, British troops were ordered to Lexington and Concord to seize stores of colonial gunpowder and to capture Samuel Adams and John Hancock. At Lexington, open conflict occurred and eight Americans were killed. At Concord, the British troops were forced to retreat with the loss of 70 men. This was the first instance of open warfare.
    • 1775 - Second Continental Congress
      All 13 colonies were represented at this meeting in Philadelphia beginning May. The colonists still hoped that their grievances would be met by King George III. George Washington was named head of the Continental Army.
    • 1775 - Bunker Hill
      This major victory for the Colonists resulted in George III proclaiming the colonies in rebellion.

In the end, the American Revolution grew out of increasing restrictions placed upon the colonies by the British.

It was the attempt to disarm the colonist that ignited the Revolution after a long list of greivences, the Boston Tea Party was but one on the instances....
    truckinbutch and worldtalker like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    TH - you missed the most important part of the page you copy pasted about a half a page about what you copied near the top.

"This conflict is embodied in one of the rallying cries of the American Revolution: No Taxation Without Representation."

http://americanhistory.about.com/od/...revolution.htm

I always like to cite my copies.

Lex/con - Brits were not disarming individual colonists. They were attempting to capture a large cache of weapons and powder. The Brits NEVER went door to door taking people's guns - that's just factually incorrect.

Guys you have to be careful of folks -lets say "messaging history" to prove a current point.

It is estimated that no more than 25-33 of colonists opposed the British with a like number loyalists. And a lot of folks who really didnt care who was running the show.

Those who ignore ( or misquote) history are bound to repeat it.

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat
    So what's going to happen when the government checks bounce and millions of people run out of everything? It's coming....the tax and spend folks are spending and spending and it will end. Somehow.
    One just needs to look at Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain etc.

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash
    The American Revolution Started Over Disarmament.

Infowars.com
    January 23, 2013

The American revolution started on April 19, 1775 in response to an attempt by the British regulars to disarm the militia of their stockpiles near Lexington. It became the shot heard ’round the world. The subsequent Constitution and Bill of Rights set up checks and balances, in part as a response to various types of British abuse and interference.

Today, the establishment has openly violated much the Constitution and Bill of Rights, wantonly spied on communications without warrant and staked TSA agents at airports to abuse the traveling public despite the 4th Amendment, and has conducted a long train of abuses. Now it seeks to dismantle the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, removing yet another important check on government power.

Watch this redux report on the Oath Keepers from 2009

Oath Keepers: American Revolution Started Over Disarmament - YouTube!

As the following special report makes clear, the Founding Fathers all intended for individual Americans to have firearms, to discourage and make impractical the worst forms of government abuse and usurpation:

Proof: The Founders Wanted Americans Armed

Proof: The Founders Wanted Americans Armed - YouTube!
    This is what we call " revisionist history" -
    the illegitimate distortion of the historical record such that certain events appear in a more or less favourable light.

This is like the folks who say the holocaust never happened.

Always be skeptical !!!
    bill from lachine likes this.

Jun 2007
    13727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 0121stockpicker View Post
    One just needs to look at Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain etc.
    What kind of government do they have, tho...?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29601 times
    TH - you missed the most important part of the page you copy pasted about a half a page about what you copied near the top.

"This conflict is embodied in one of the rallying cries of the American Revolution: No Taxation Without Representation."

I always like to cite my copies.

Lex/con - Brits were not disarming individual colonists. They were attempting to capture a large cache of weapons and powder. The Brits NEVER went door to door taking people's guns - that's just factually incorrect.

Guys you have to be careful of folks -lets say "messaging history" to prove a current point.

It is estimated that no more than 25-33 of colonists opposed the British with a like number loyalists. And a lot of folks who really didnt care who was running the show.

Those who ignore ( or misquote) history are bound to repeat it.
    LOL, you saying there were only 25-33 colonists oposing the British, don't you mean 25-33% of the colonialist population.......?

Now stockpicker show me where in the time-line I posted that it is wrong. It is a time-line, I even posted "time line". I was proving a point that the American Revolution did not start because of the Boston Tea Party, that the tea party was but a single grievance in a long list of grievances, and the ignition was the attempted seizure of the muskets caches and power.... ( Kinda reminds you of right now doesn't it, as there is a long list of grievances, basically about the the same grievances and a government that is trying to seize the peoples weapons)

The Boston Tea Party was but one incident in a long line of issues. The attempted seizure of colonist arms was what ignited the American Revolution , the battles at Lexington and Concord was "The shot heard around the world", it started a chain of events which led to the signing of the Declaration of Independence and our independence from England...

Your can cite your reference if you wish, I never said nor did I imply that was written by me. nor did I ever say, nor have I seen any post here that says the British were trying to seize weapons from homes, in fact I have posted they were trying to seze colonist musket supplies.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I never said the Boston tea party started it - that's a single event. It was the issue around taxation without representation. See my original post. Pure and simple. It was NOT because the Brits were trying to take people's guns. That's just bunk. I wasn't accusing you of anything. I just like to add in a link to where it came from.

Unfortunately now a days the term "fact" has list it's meaning and is now very subjective. Look at the same identical event and then read about that event in the times, wsj, Fox News and msnbc. You would have absolutely no idea they were talking about the same event. And that's the so called mainstream media. Now you got all these whack jobs on the Internet with so called new sites.

Anyone out there who loves knowledge and freedom should be very skeptical. That's all. Just being a seeker of truth for all. Best.
    jerseyben likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29601 times
    I never said the Boston tea party started it - that's a single event. It was the issue around taxation without representation. See my original post. Pure and simple. It was NOT because the Brits were trying to take people's guns. That's just bunk. I wasn't accusing you of anything. I just like to add in a link to where it came from.

Unfortunately now a days the term "fact" has list it's meaning and is now very subjective. Look at the same identical event and then read about that event in the times, wsj, Fox News and msnbc. You would have absolutely no idea they were talking about the same event. And that's the so called mainstream media. Now you got all these whack jobs on the Internet with so called new sites.

Anyone out there who loves knowledge and freedom should be very skeptical. That's all. Just being a seeker of truth for all. Best.
    What I said and I believe what Red said is The American Revolution was ignited by the British attempt to seize the colonists arms......It was the spark, that ignited the tender, that set off the revolution......
    dieselram94 likes this.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    19190 times
    Seeing valid points all around. Got to dodge certain issues,but impressed with discussion. Seeing some minds poke through emotion.

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times

Amen. People will believe anything...
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter

What I said and I believe what Red said is The American Revolution was ignited by the British attempt to seize the colonists arms......It was the spark, that ignited the tender, that set off the revolution......
    You can believe what you want but it's just not a historical fact. I know everyone wants to make the world revolve around gun issues but that's just not reality folks. Not looking for anyone to say they are wrong (I have a feeling there are many here who havnt uttered that phrase in a while). But can we please not completely massacre us history. Learn our past and be proud of it. We don't need to rewrite history to try and make a point.

The original author if the article is making the complete incorrect comparison between the British securing a cache of weapons and the current gun debate. The rev was not about taking individuals guns it was absolutely not a guns rights issue. This is what I have the big problem with because it is not only incorrect but is a lie to try and sway people who don't know any better. If citizens don't know their own history they will believe crap like this.

Jun 2007
    13727 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyben View Post
    Amen. People will believe anything...
    LOVE that "tag" with Abe...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links