onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to Sandy, 3 months later and people are are still living in tents no heat some with no electricity. Funny before the election every one was on the band wagon. I thought the concert fixed it? Even Christi is silent. Could administration fee's be eating all the $$$

It just throws me how easily some are fooled into thinking help is on the way. It's like fishing with a hook with a small piece of bate and before you know it you catch a vote.

FEMA= Failure to Efficiently Manage Anything

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Back to Sandy, 3 months later and people are are still living in tents no heat some with no electricity. Funny before the election every one was on the band wagon. I thought the concert fixed it? Even Christi is silent. Could administration fee's be eating all the $$$

It just throws me how easily some are fooled into thinking help is on the way. It's like fishing with a hook with a small piece of bate and before you know it you catch a vote.

FEMA= Failure to Efficiently Manage Anything

Thought they WERE doing something now... WHERE have YOU been...?
Article in Huffington paper re. Aid from US Congress; FIRST thing they voted on...
Sandy Aid Package; $ 50.5 Billions in "Sandy Aid". REPUBLICANS trim items...

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought they WERE doing something now... WHERE have YOU been...?
Article in Huffington paper re. Aid from US Congress; FIRST thing they voted on...
Sandy Aid Package; $ 50.5 Billions in "Sandy Aid". REPUBLICANS trim items...

Then I guess all those people that were on National news were Fake? Keep reading that post. I see where you've been
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The brutal cold snap Monday night was hitting residents hard on Staten Island, as they continue to struggle more than two months after Superstorm Sandy.
As CBS 2’s Jessica Schneider reported, the bitter blast has only added to their frustrations.
The snow was falling on Staten Island Monday night, as the temperatures plummeted.
With the coldest air in the past two years moving into New York, the already-struggling Sandy
victims were wondering how much more they could take.
“This is New York, and there are people freezing here. No heat, no hot water, no kitchens, no bathrooms,
can’t even take a shower. Can’t even go to the bathroom and wash your hands,” said Staten Island resident Anthony Marotto. “And theres so many people down here like that.”Marotto has been working for months to help his friends restore their homes. But the New Year has brought a new wave of both despair and determination – people are committed to rebuilding, but lamenting the tough conditions the winter brings.

“I’ve been living here for 22 years. I set my roots down here. It’s the first house I bought, and I ain’t giving it up,” said Steve Sumner“I ain’t giving it up to the weather, I ain’t giving it up to the government, I ain’t giving it up to anyone.” People in New Dorp have been relying on a tent for relief. People can get food, warm up, and even stay there overnight.
“We eat at the tent, we watch TV at the tent, we hang out, we mingle,” said Anthony Gambino. “What are you going to do? Got to try to make good of a bad situation, and the cold is going to make it bad, worse.”
The forecast high for Tuesday is just 26, Wednesday 23, Thursday 25, Friday 31, and Saturday 27. Wind chills overnight Monday into Tuesday were expected to make it feel as if it were 0 to 5 degrees.
So one group had space heaters set up, and the volunteers manning this tent were ready for an influx of people seeking relief.
“Grin and bear it,” Gambino said. “Bundles, layers, tent, close to the heatHe offered simple survival tips as these people who have already suffered enough braced for even more
hardship.
Nearly 1,500 Staten Island residents remain displaced from their homes

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Then I guess all those people that were on National news were Fake? Keep reading that post. I see where you've been
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The brutal cold snap Monday night was hitting residents hard on Staten Island, as they continue to struggle more than two months after Superstorm Sandy.
As CBS 2’s Jessica Schneider reported, the bitter blast has only added to their frustrations.
The snow was falling on Staten Island Monday night, as the temperatures plummeted.
With the coldest air in the past two years moving into New York, the already-struggling Sandy
victims were wondering how much more they could take.
“This is New York, and there are people freezing here. No heat, no hot water, no kitchens, no bathrooms,
can’t even take a shower. Can’t even go to the bathroom and wash your hands,” said Staten Island resident Anthony Marotto. “And theres so many people down here like that.”Marotto has been working for months to help his friends restore their homes. But the New Year has brought a new wave of both despair and determination – people are committed to rebuilding, but lamenting the tough conditions the winter brings.

“I’ve been living here for 22 years. I set my roots down here. It’s the first house I bought, and I ain’t giving it up,” said Steve Sumner“I ain’t giving it up to the weather, I ain’t giving it up to the government, I ain’t giving it up to anyone.” People in New Dorp have been relying on a tent for relief. People can get food, warm up, and even stay there overnight.
“We eat at the tent, we watch TV at the tent, we hang out, we mingle,” said Anthony Gambino. “What are you going to do? Got to try to make good of a bad situation, and the cold is going to make it bad, worse.”
The forecast high for Tuesday is just 26, Wednesday 23, Thursday 25, Friday 31, and Saturday 27. Wind chills overnight Monday into Tuesday were expected to make it feel as if it were 0 to 5 degrees.
So one group had space heaters set up, and the volunteers manning this tent were ready for an influx of people seeking relief.
“Grin and bear it,” Gambino said. “Bundles, layers, tent, close to the heatHe offered simple survival tips as these people who have already suffered enough braced for even more
hardship.
Nearly 1,500 Staten Island residents remain displaced from their homes

THAT was then... THIS is NOW; Sandy Aid Package is THERE... NOW!

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THAT was then... THIS is NOW; Sandy Aid Package is THERE... NOW!

So last nites news was 2 months old? Get with it they will be lucky to see any aid by summer. And oh yea that bridge is not for sale.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So last nites news was 2 months old? Get with it they will be lucky to see any aid by summer. And oh yea that bridge is not for sale.

LOL! The Survivors just got the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ MONDAY, as voted by NEW US Congress; gonna take time to restore, rebuild... etc.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you sound like a politician. Yea this will take time! Let's see fill out this form! let's see if your qualified!etc etc. You need a union rep before you can start. etc.

The other Question where did the money go from the polka band (The Boss) Maybe you should ask Ray Nagin. (Katrina)

And how much do really think will go to these people.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why not ask diesel how long it takes to build or rebuild a house? You know, from the land clearing operation to the final nail in the roof shingles. Do you expect the house fairy to stop by and wave a magic wand and viola, new houses for 1200-1500.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Now you sound like a politician. Yea this will take time! Let's see fill out this form! let's see if your qualified!etc etc. You need a union rep before you can start. etc.

The other Question where did the money go from the polka band (The Boss) Maybe you should ask Ray Nagin. (Katrina)

And how much do really think will go to these people.

PROBABLY money will go Governors offices (NJ/NY); THEY give it out. From there, DON'T know... ask THEM!

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PROBABLY money will go Governors offices (NJ/NY); THEY give it out. From there, DON'T know... ask THEM!

Governors? Ask Ray (Mayor) of N.O. Or Ken Feinberg (B.P.) payout. Think there's any PORK in that settlement?

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why not ask diesel how long it takes to build or rebuild a house? You know, from the land clearing operation to the final nail in the roof shingles. Do you expect the house fairy to stop by and wave a magic wand and viola, new houses for 1200-1500.

Your right Dave but there are no house fairy's in union dominated East coast . This will become a cost overrun project 50 billion will turn into 100 or 200 billion and it still won't be done. This money is payback for votes cast. And why should the tax payer keep bailing these people out?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Your right Dave but there are no house fairy's in union dominated East coast . This will become a cost overrun project 50 billion will turn into 100 or 200 billion and it still won't be done. This money is payback for votes cast. And why should the tax payer keep bailing these people out?

Ask diesel... HE would know.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never mind. Get out of the bubble.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why should the tax payer keep bailing these people out...............................................................................You're right, these stupid boneheads decided to live on land near the ocean, they should just pack up and disappear instead of rebuilding homes they may have lived in all their lives. Heck, there's always room in Texas and North Dakota. Maybe they could live there.

What do you think? Do you have a plan for them?

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Unions? What does that have to do with anything?

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea Dave how about a Insurance Plan. Or how about let's kill all the whales then maybe the ocean will recede. Or maybe grow some more sponges. And by the way Texas doesn't want them.

Most boneheaded people would have bought Flood Ins. living next to or on the Ocean. Why didn't you tell them the water is getting higher because of your MMGW.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread