Why We Feel The Need To Defend the 2nd Amendent

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drones killing Americans - I was under the impression that an American gives up their citizenship by fighting for a foreign army? If they don't they should. Don't we call these people traitors and they deserve a traitors death? Due process does not and has never existed on the battlefield. If some American whack job wants to join up with the Taliban or alqueda he or she gets what they deserve in my opinion. I know this might be a bit over the top for you liberals screaming due process but war is war folks and these people are dirt.

Best

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dieselram94 said:
I would think stars on prevented injurys or death are impossible to find as they are impossible to determine.

Not really all home invasions or deaths that are deemed justifiable homicide are public record and tracked.

Maybe someone can just post the other stats of the accidental injuries and deaths.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There is also a lot of unreported crime as well as unreported crimes detered by guns as well.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
General observation - I've always found it humorous that the same event/action is viewed one way under one president/political party, yet is them viewed completely differently under another. Noticed how all those antiwar protests stopped once Obama came into office even though the wars havnt stopped - where are all those protesters and the body count numbers on some news channels. And how people had no problem with drones, gitmo or surveillance under bush but now Obama is continuing the same exact strategy and yet he is a traitor ruining or freedoms?? Both sides do it all the time. Anyone else every notice that strange political double standard?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dieselram94 said:
There is also a lot of unreported crime as well as unreported crimes detered by guns as well.

Sure under reporting happens on both sides - you think uncle buck it going to report he shot his foot on a hunting trip while drunk - no way.

But lets just look at what the numbers have to say.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
We live in a crime infested country as well as the world. The only real defence is a gun. It is the great equilizer. A small woman with a gun becomes just as powerfully as a large man with a gun.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sure under reporting happens on both sides - you think uncle buck it going to report he shot his foot on a hunting trip while drunk - no way.

But lets just look at what the numbers have to say.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for facts just pointing out they are not 100% accurate.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
General observation - I've always found it humorous that the same event/action is viewed one way under one president/political party, yet is them viewed completely differently under another. Noticed how all those antiwar protests stopped once Obama came into office even though the wars havnt stopped - where are all those protesters and the body count numbers on some news channels. And how people had no problem with drones, gitmo or surveillance under bush but now Obama is continuing the same exact strategy and yet he is a traitor ruining or freedoms?? Both sides do it all the time. Anyone else every notice that strange political double standard?

There always is a double standard, just watch mainstream media. Its all in the bag for obama.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dieselram94 said:
We live in a crime infested country as well as the world. The only real defence is a gun. It is the great equilizer. A small woman with a gun becomes just as powerfully as a large man with a gun.

These are interesting thoughts and claims but is there facts to back up this thought of all these crimes that have been prevented?

Hasn't violent crime declined significantly over the same period that gun ownership has declined?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dieselram94 said:
Don't get me wrong, I am all for facts just pointing out they are not 100% accurate.

Sure, lets get the numbers posted realizing that they are not 100 percent accurate. Lets just call it the best known available information. They would be more accurate than a complete guess correct?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff of pa said:
I honestly don't think stats have anything to do with it.

only difference in stats would be cause of deaths,
and maybe an increase in gun deaths by criminals,
although if citizens are unarmed criminals wouldn't necessarily
feel they need to shoot, except in the case of witnesses

I don't think stats have anything to do with it.

That's basically saying that I don't think factual information has anything to do with it. Strange statement. So we will make more informed decisions by relying on emotion and supposition?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's why I hate politics

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

That's basically saying that I don't think factual information has anything to do with it. Strange statement. So we will make more informed decisions by relying on emotion and supposition?

Oh man,You're way to Intellectual for me,all I got is Common Sense,I was born with it,and,public education didn't "learn'"me out of it!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the 2n'd amendment was not created with the Note*

* if stats change, change the 2nd. amendment.

the 2n'd amendment was created to stand as is.

stats don't mean squat

Last edited:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff of pa said:
the 2n'd amendment was not created with the Note*

* if stats change, change the 2nd. amendment.

the 2n'd amendment was created to stand as is.

stats don't mean squat

Jeff its actually kind if funny while you were trying to be sarcastic you were actually right. The constitution WAS created with the Note* can change.

No one needs to be an expert at con law to understand the basic principle and purpose of the constitution which was to create a document that would set out basic concepts but then be allowed to be interpreted over time - by voters, elected officials, court system, etc. These "interpretations" are what becomes our laws and our laws do evolve and change all the time. Sometimes the changes are very abrupt. Thousands of these interpretations are made ever single year. You here about the most famous / controversial ones coming out of the Supreme Court. This is why it is so important to the political parties to get "their" Supreme Court justices put in place. Because they have the final say on the interpretation.

This is why our constitution is such a great document that has withstood the test of time because we can look at and interpret in light of current society. I'm sure you do not disagree that it was a good thing that we allowed women and afriamericans to vote - a right not granted in the original.

It is upsetting and sad that our education system doesn't teach the basics of constitutional law and "civics" anymore. Most folks now a days have little knowledge of the actual mechanisms of our government. This leaves opinion, rumor, accusations, etc to guide people's civic decisions which can be dangerous.

Best

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
worldtalker said:
Oh man,You're way to Intellectual for me,all I got is Common Sense,I was born with it,and,public education didn't "learn'"me out of it!

Just a simple seeker of truth.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The constitution is NOT A living document....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions