The 3 richest counties in the US******************

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Yes the 3 richest counties in the US surround Washington DC. That's where all the government workers live. Frank 111-1 profile.jpg

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, and they're UNION too. Sheesh, I've always wondered why when hearing that someone is making 55K a year as a carpenter, teacher, bricklayer, or balloon pilot, people don't demand the same in their locale.

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but if you read any economic news you will find that wages for the majority of workers have stagnated for over 30 years, since trickle down economics became the United States plan. Meanwhile inflation has sucked the life out of homeowners and workers making them rely on credit instead of savings.

While on that subject, why do banks give 2% on CDs and .035% on savings while being allowed to charge 29% on credit cards?

Move over you guys in D.C. I'm on my way........yee haw, swimmin pools, movie stars.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
we are a nation that grows on the back of debt instead of production.
It's a model that has expanded over the globe. If you are in debt, you work. If you owe nothing, you are "un productive" and it is the goal of every financial institution to get you back under their thumb. You are worth more as a debtor than a responsible saver with investments.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Unions & Taxes...? YEP! Will do a "number" on ya; nephew moved out of Reston, Va. 'cause COL was TOO high...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yep, and they're UNION too. Sheesh, I've always wondered why when hearing that someone is making 55K a year as a carpenter, teacher, bricklayer, or balloon pilot, people don't demand the same in their locale.

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but if you read any economic news you will find that wages for the majority of workers have stagnated for over 30 years, since trickle down economics became the United States plan. Meanwhile inflation has sucked the life out of homeowners and workers making them rely on credit instead of savings.

While on that subject, why do banks give 2% on CDs and .035% on savings while being allowed to charge 29% on credit cards?

Move over you guys in D.C. I'm on my way........yee haw, swimmin pools, movie stars.
Moving to D.C. to try to become one of the ruling class, huh?.....Figures!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Those three counties are proof that the govt. is strangling this country with taxes....................

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My ex was from Potomac md. Her dad worked for the fed. Funny thing is that all the folks down there think working for the gov is the most prestigious thing that one can do. They had no idea the rest of the country viewed them as bottom feeders. It's basically middle class welfare - no diff.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we could all meet in Washington D.C., forget about our differences and demand regulation of the banks and the creation of more jobs in the United States.

Ahhh, scratch that. The ptbs would have us fighting among ourselves before we even got out of the metro station.

Why are we paying for citizen healthcare in Iraq, would someone let me know?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This comment makes no sense. You might want to double check the definition of proof.

Wow, just what is your definition of proof yourself ? Since your challenging my post how my comment makes no sense, the burden falls on you. I will be eagerly waiting on your false claims.......

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
we could all meet in Washington D.C., forget about our differences and demand regulation of the banks and the creation of more jobs in the United States.

Ahhh, scratch that. The ptbs would have us fighting among ourselves before we even got out of the metro station.

Why are we paying for citizen healthcare in Iraq, would someone let me know?

Dave, we have been demanding jobs, problem is president is more concerned with over taxing and overburdening us with regulation. He does not care about creating jobs, he cares about swelling the entitlements......:BangHead:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The only jobs that BO can create are federal jobs we pay for and he is doing that. Look at all the Czars. We need tax reform and the dumping of whole departments in government. Look at all the federal "police forces" we have. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like thet are hiring too many more, who are getting our tax dollars, and then telling us what we can and cannot do!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
The only jobs that BO can create are federal jobs we pay for and he is doing that. Look at all the Czars. We need tax reform and the dumping of whole departments in government. Look at all the federal "police forces" we have. Frank

1. Yes, there are a lot of czars but this has been going on since the 30s. I would hardly call 38 positions a large number. List of U.S. executive branch czars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Under Obama, a Record Decline in Government Jobs - NYTimes.com

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
jerseyben, You skipped the federal police forces, of which there are many! Secret service, DHS, Treasury Dept, Customs, border patrol, CIA, NSA, and who knows how many others. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I doubt government workers drive up incomes in DC. More likely the lobbyists that outnumber the politicians. Whenever there are numbers about incomes that seem out of proportion with the rest of the country it's never the working stiff that creates the difference. If a tradesman in San Fransisco makes a lot compared to Tulsa, it's because that's what it costs to live there.
New Jersey has the highest per capita income but chances are those numbers are offset by so many Jerseyites working in NYC.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Seems like thet are hiring too many more, who are getting our tax dollars, and then telling us what we can and cannot do!

Right on the money!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Those three counties are proof that the govt. is strangling this country with taxes....................

Just what about this comment makes no sense jerseyben?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions