Truth about the Constitution Thread

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Given all the misinformation floating around about the constitution and the "law of the land" maybe we need a thread that deals in facts. Plenty of other threads that deal in emotions, biases, and misinformation. Good place if someone has any real questions and is looking for a real answer. Best

OP
OP
0121stockpicker

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quick fact on the Bill of Rights.

FACT - The Bill of Rights can be changed by the same process that amendments to the Constitution itself are made. Article 5 provides for amending the Constitution. Since the Constitution itself can be amended and since the Bill ofRights is a part of the Constitution, then it can be amended as well. The Bill of Rights is just a name given to the first ten amendments. They have no special status.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
who are the people?

OP
OP
0121stockpicker

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Question - has an amendment to the constitution ever been repealed?

Answer - YES - though only once! The 18th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution banned the manufacture, sale, and transportation of alcohol (i.e. the beginning of Prohibition). It was ratified on January 16, 1919 and repealed by the 21st Amendment in 1933. In the over 200 years of the U.S. Constitution, the 18th Amendment remains the only Amendment to ever have been repealed.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Seeing as how you helped get some of my threads locked,hope you dont mind a little tit for tat stockpicker.Do religious quotes suit you?Do you have any preference?Though i'm not very religious in a sense I can still come up with some nice quotes.How about some nice video sermons,that might be nice.Let me know what you think so I can commence,I'll get on it right away.

OP
OP
0121stockpicker

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its kind of funny - Isn't quieting people who disagree with views exactly what you accuse the current administration of doing? Is this the actions of a patriot or a repressive government. You can close as many threads as you want but the truth is the truth. If this is what you want to do instead of educating and providing useful facts to the citizens of the board by all means go right ahead. All that I have done is post factual information - I'm sorry if that has bothered you or anyone else because it conflicts with your views/opinions. I guess in your world citizens are not allowed freedom of speech?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
All i have done was post proven and factual info also.Live in the real world stockpicker,for every action theres a reaction.This is a reaction,live with it and learn.Screw with the 2nd theres going to be hell to pay.Be part of the problem or be part of the solution.What sermon would you like next?Something on treason or traitors might be nice.It would fit right in.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Stockpicker is right. Jefferson(who disliked political parties) created one to protest the fact that individual rights were not mentioned in the Constitution. They were just added on(Bill of Rights) to secure his group's support and get ratification of the document. They can be changed and may well be sometime in the future. By the way, it was Jeff who initially said that if a group didn't like laws that the federal government passed they could declare them "Null and Void" Yep, guess which state took up this cry for nullification and helped start a civil war? Good old South Carolina. Oh yeah, that political party thing. We suddenly had two political parties or at least two that determine our country's politics. Hey, guess what? we've pretty much always had two MAIN political parties. And RJC, while I was in Washington for the inauguration, I got to look at the gun confiscation list. Your name is at the top...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked as political......Only political threads directly related to 2nd amendment debate going on are aloowed..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread