Know your second amendment rights - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Know your second amendment rights

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    19884 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    If I'm wrong correct me,but,if Martial Law is instituted,'through executive order'the Constitution becomes Null and Void. GodBless Chris
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

When we come into the world we take on the identity of those who are more powerful than us.

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizLeeBear

Actually, few know what it actually says. Back in the Ninties those who do not favor gun rights inserted an extra comma in the printing of the 2nd amendment. The proper, as passed, verbage is:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

There is no second comma between 'arms' and 'shall'. Yet people post it with the modern version all the time. By pushing the comma they tried to imply the right was not as secure. Tgheir attempt failed in the Supreme Court, but the extra comma still shows up. You can verify this by searching the internet.
    Actually there were many copies of the constitution made and sent around to all the states. Differences have been found in both punctuation and the capitalization of certain word. It is generally accepted by constitutional scholars that there were simple typo and stylized differences with no nefarious intent.

Obviously now that we are not handwriting everything or using ancient type press setting, it would be impossible to "change" the constitution in modern times. What you refer to above was an instance of someone using a different old version and that being copied pasted around the Internet as things often are. It would have absolutely no bearing what so ever on constitutional law. Thanks for this interesting example.

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    picker, I don't require education on the second. I also do not need someone else's opinion on what they THINK it means. I also know how the constitution can be changed. I'm stating that, if the 2nd is changed to remove my right to bear arms as "I" see it, the change is a travesty, plain and simple. We consider ourselves the country with the most freedoms but, if we start giving them up we might as well burn our constitution. It is a worthless piece of paper once rights start getting restricted. Once we have rights equal to England's subjects we will have had a revolution for nothing. Then where will it stop? When we have LESS rights than the Brits we should all move back to England. Yeah, yeah, yeah.....you can't holler "Fire" in the theater but, as I've said before, they don't gag me when I enter the theater. If more rights are granted by an amendment, all the better, but when you start reducing those rights, that's tyranny.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us
    Jan 2013
    Full Time In An RV
    Garrett GTI 1500
    383 times
    Metal Detecting
    Do a little more research and you will find there was an actual intent to change the meaning in the late eighties and early ninties. If I remember, it was Sarah Brady and her bunch that made the attempt. It was publicized at the time.
    Ten years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now the USA has no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

us
    Jan 2013
    Delaware / SoDel
    Garrett At Pro (for now)
    122 times
    Metal Detecting
    We do not need more restriction, more legislation. Anyone that thinks we do needs to reevaluate what they think America is about. I am a huge history fan, and one of my favorite Fathers is Thomas Jefferson. He was wise beyond his years. He once said that we should create only laws that increase liberty and bolster individual social responsibility.
    So in this situation what do we need?
    Education. National firearms education whether you own a gun or not. Upon successful completion of say a 40 hour course dealing with the laws, and the handling of firearms. At 18 you get your open carry permit. And every five years you take a proficiency exam. This puts the responsibility on the individual while at the same time increasing liberty. It also give a professional or two 40 hours to rack your slide and see what's down your barrel.
    It's the same as a drivers license. I want some assurances that someone has checked out the nuts on the road with me and has checked to make sure they have the basic knowledge and skills to negate the roadways without killing me or my family. It doesn't stop unlicensed drivers from getting behind the wheel, or keep drunks off the road. Because you can't force someone to be responsible.
    So why not institute an educational program? No need to register our firearms unless we want to insure them. We have drivers education, sex education, drug education... we still have underage pregnancy, teenage drug abusers, and teenagers dying on the roadways. We don't outlaw rubbers, cars and.. oh wait...DRUGS are illegal. But the numbers decrease. Look how many kids stay away from cigarettes, look how many adults have quit. You want sensible legislation that is in keeping with our Constitutional rights, there it is.

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker
    picker, I don't require education on the second. I also do not need someone else's opinion on what they THINK it means. I also know how the constitution can be changed. I'm stating that, if the 2nd is changed to remove my right to bear arms as "I" see it, the change is a travesty, plain and simple. We consider ourselves the country with the most freedoms but, if we start giving them up we might as well burn our constitution. It is a worthless piece of paper once rights start getting restricted. Once we have rights equal to England's subjects we will have had a revolution for nothing. Then where will it stop? When we have LESS rights than the Brits we should all move back to England. Yeah, yeah, yeah.....you can't holler "Fire" in the theater but, as I've said before, they don't gag me when I enter the theater. If more rights are granted by an amendment, all the better, but when you start reducing those rights, that's tyranny.
    And that's a great opinion / belief to have. And being in America you are entitled to your opinion / belief. No one trying to change your opinion or even discuss opinions. Point of the thread is to have a factual discussion on the working of the seconds, etc. people of any belief/opinion are totally welcome. you have stated you already know what there is to be known of the second and con law - that's fantastic as not many people do. The thread will be of very little value to you then. But certainly you are encouraged to share any factual information you may have. Best.

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by 302guy
    We do not need more restriction, more legislation. Anyone that thinks we do needs to reevaluate what they think America is about. I am a huge history fan, and one of my favorite Fathers is Thomas Jefferson. He was wise beyond his years. He once said that we should create only laws that increase liberty and bolster individual social responsibility.
    So in this situation what do we need?
    Education. National firearms education whether you own a gun or not. Upon successful completion of say a 40 hour course dealing with the laws, and the handling of firearms. At 18 you get your open carry permit. And every five years you take a proficiency exam. This puts the responsibility on the individual while at the same time increasing liberty. It also give a professional or two 40 hours to rack your slide and see what's down your barrel.
    It's the same as a drivers license. I want some assurances that someone has checked out the nuts on the road with me and has checked to make sure they have the basic knowledge and skills to negate the roadways without killing me or my family. It doesn't stop unlicensed drivers from getting behind the wheel, or keep drunks off the road. Because you can't force someone to be responsible.
    So why not institute an educational program? No need to register our firearms unless we want to insure them. We have drivers education, sex education, drug education... we still have underage pregnancy, teenage drug abusers, and teenagers dying on the roadways. We don't outlaw rubbers, cars and.. oh wait...DRUGS are illegal. But the numbers decrease. Look how many kids stay away from cigarettes, look how many adults have quit. You want sensible legislation that is in keeping with our Constitutional rights, there it is.
    These are great opinions/beliefs 302. And luckily being american we are all entitled to have our own. But opinion / beliefs and disagreements with how the system works won't change or stop the system from working. I dislike the extra point in football, but it ain't gonna stop until the rule is changed. Best.

Jan 2013
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The 2nd ammen. was created for just the situation our country is in now....to arm citizens sufficiently to overthrow a tyranical gov't. They are treading dangerously close to crossing this line.
    worldtalker likes this.

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by russdaddy
    The 2nd ammen. was created for just the situation our country is in now....to arm citizens sufficiently to overthrow a tyranical gov't. They are treading dangerously close to crossing this line.
    And that's an interesting interpretation that you have. We would all love to see any constitutional laws or ruling to back up your interpretation. Thanks in advance. This is the type of information we are looking for to convert opinion/belief into fact. And be armed with the proper facts for all to see.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    19190 times
    Stock picker,how do you see federal vs state law(s) affecting the 2nd. Federal should trump state but does not seem to in examples of Washington d.c.,Illinois,California, new York.
    Last edited by releventchair; Jan 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    19884 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    The FACT is,I believe there are enough Real Americans that would stand their ground,PERIOD! GodBless Chris
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

When we come into the world we take on the identity of those who are more powerful than us.

us
    Voice of Reason?

Nov 2012
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    908 times
    Guns kill people, and people kill people. We can only hope to control both.
    Boy... The weirdo's really are out in force when you start to look up what the American Law is on Martial Law. It seems that it either has been declared in secret months ago, or it is about to be declared. Either way, Martial law is available to the President under executive order, but any long standing persisting emergency that would interfere with the right of Habius Corpus would be reviewed by the supreme court. Congress would also get in on the act, and such a declaration for political gain would likely result in Impeachment.

Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    If I'm wrong correct me,but,if Martial Law is instituted,'through executive order'the Constitution becomes Null and Void. GodBless Chris

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    5967 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by 0121stockpicker View Post
    If only it was so simple.
    It is. Read it as written without the attitude of a lawyer looking for a loophole and you will see how simple it is.

Yes, the constitution can be amended. I don't think that this is going to happen to the Second Amendment without a huge false flag operation.

Unfortunately, I have heard speculation of events which might bring that about. Lived through one of those false flags before, don't want to see it happen again. The really odd thing is the proponents were anti-gun.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    688 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker
    The FACT is,I believe there are enough Real Americans that would stand their ground,PERIOD! GodBless Chris
    I certainly believe that it is a fact that you believe that. No one is questioning what you believe and questioning that you do not know what you believe. And being an American you can believe whatever you want. That's great. Plenty of great threads to discuss ones second amendment beliefs and opinions. Best.
    jerseyben likes this.

us
    Voice of Reason?

Nov 2012
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    908 times
    Guns kill people, and people kill people. We can only hope to control both.
    I was going to give a snarky comment, but I will save it. Tyranny is any government you do not agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by russdaddy View Post

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links