Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Here ya go reb
Congress of the United States
begun and held at the City of New-York, on
Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.
THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
RESOLVED by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, two thirds of both Houses concurring, that the following Articles be proposed to the Legislatures of the several States, as amendments to the Constitution of the United States, all, or any of which Articles, when ratified by three fourths of the said Legislatures, to be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of the said Constitution; viz.
ARTICLES in addition to, and Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, proposed by Congress, and ratified by the Legislatures of the several States, pursuant to the fifth Article of the original Constitution.

THANK YOU!

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I'm not sure this applies to my question,stocky.But maybe.
From James Madison's Virginia resolution: (emphasis added)
That this Assembly doth explicitly and peremptorily declare, that it views the powers of the federal government, as resulting from the compact, to which the states are parties; as limited by the plain sense and intention of the instrument constituting the compact; as no further valid that they are authorized by the grants enumerated in that compact; and that in case of a deliberate, palpable, and dangerous exercise of other powers, not granted by the said compact, the states who are parties thereto, have the right, and are in duty bound, to interpose for arresting the progress of the evil, and for maintaining within their respective limits, the authorities, rights and liberties appertaining to them.

...That the General Assembly doth particularly protest against the palpable and alarming infractions of the Constitution, in the two late cases of the "Alien and Sedition Acts" passed at the last session of Congress; the first of which exercises a power no where delegated to the federal government, and which by uniting legislative and judicial powers to those of executive, subverts the general principles of free government; as well as the particular organization, and positive provisions of the federal constitution; and the other of which acts, exercises in like manner, a power not delegated by the constitution, but on the contrary, expressly and positively forbidden by one of the amendments thereto; a power, which more than any other, ought to produce universal alarm, because it is levelled against that right of freely examining public characters and measures, and of free communication among the people thereon, which has ever been justly deemed, the only effectual guardian of every other right.​

OP
OP
0121stockpicker

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup, I'm sure you read the federalist debate in high school. Big part of our early history was a huge debate of federal and states rights. Ton of opinions back them and it made the difference between dems and reps that we see today look like nothing. Almost tore the country apart. You can go back to those days and find a million good quotes saying just about anything and everything. Those were many of the discussions used to craft our laws. Thanks for posting. Bedt

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
woops reb, sorry. That is the preamble to the Bill of Rights. I'll look for the other.
Here we go
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

TY; Preamble to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Trying to keep it civil,and stick the theme of your thread.p.s.I dropped out before that class.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Me moderate?not even close.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
American Jurisprudence, 2nd Edition. Source:16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177, late 2d, Sec 256

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

MILLER v United States 230 F 2d 486 1956

"The claim and exercise of a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT cannot thus be converted into a crime."

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
You were. With your comment that there were enough REAL Americans to stand up for whatever... That directly implies that those who disagree and would not stand are less Real American than you and your crew. I find it offensive when people imply that they are patriotic, so those that disagree with them must be less patriotic. It is a kind of argument that I find below the level the originator of this discussion said he wanted, and unworthy of the ideology of the founding fathers who thought that through discussion, research, and experiment we could create a better civilization and world.

Now, Please stop with the insults to those who disagree with you. Please stop the hyperbole. If you can not discuss these things rationally, please go somewhere where you are surrounded by people who agree with you and you can all be REAL AMERICANS together.

Who's implying?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry you have such a bitter attitude,it amazes me how people can misconstrue something out of nothing.

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry you have such a bitter attitude,it amazes me how people can misconstrue something out of nothing.

Unfortunately, worldtalker, we are not "making something out of nothing". This type of behavior is all too familiar in here. When someone does not agree with you, they call you names in a roundabout way. I had RJC imply I was not a real American just last night!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately, worldtalker, we are not "making something out of nothing". This type of behavior is all too familiar in here. When someone does not agree with you, they call you names in a roundabout way. I had RJC imply I was not a real American just last night!

You boys got a problem?,why you blaming me?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, both sides please stop the arguing....No personal insults either.....

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Being patriotic means standing up for this country, constitution and ALL the amendments as written........

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Packer. I thought it was close to talking in a circle, even though I knew it had a point. I myself have a very strange sense of humor, ask Spart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions