Virginia Approves Bill To Undermine Obama Gun Control - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Virginia Approves Bill To Undermine Obama Gun Control

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash View Post
    Your right,Der Fuhrer,fits so much better.Thats one of your problems jersey,youre following a corrupt socalled man, not the constitution.Now does a real American follow a man or follow the law of the land which is the constitution?
    Ok, so now I am not a real American? I have 2 US Passports and a birth certificate that says otherwise.

Also, you said problems, plural. So, what are my OTHER problems?
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29985 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by 0121stockpicker View Post
    That is incorrect. When the proper court determines that a legislative act (a law) conflicts with the constitution, it finds that law unconstitutional and declares it void in whole or in part. This is called judicial review. The portion of the law that is declared void is considered to be struck down, or the entire statute is considered to be struck from the statute books. Best
    Stockpicker, where is your law degree from Since your giving free legal advice and quick to point out where everyone is wrong and your right, please tell us where you got your law degree from and when........

Now read below and please be so kind as to explain to us how your vast legal training over rules this..............

16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256: (16 American Jurisprudence 2nd Edition Section 177)

The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be In agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it.....

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.

No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jan 28, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
    Chadeaux and BosnMate like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times
    Is it up to you and me to personally decide if a law is constitutional or not?
    -Abraham Lincoln

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter
    Stockpicker, where is your law degree from Since your giving free legal advice please tell us where you got your law degree from and when........

Now read below and please be so kind as to explain to us how you over rule that..........

16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256:
    The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be In agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it.....

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.

No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.
    Easily explained. It's the courts that decide what is unconstitutional and then everything you copied follows from that. It's not joe individual who says something is unconstitutional and decides all of a sudden not to follow that law correct? Just think if every individual in this country could choose to decide what laws were constitutional and what laws were not - crazy right. So who has that power to decide - yes it's the courts - with the Supreme Court having the final say.

I don't think you need to be a lawyer to understand our constitution. I think it is every citizen and patriots duty to understand the laws of our land. Or do you think only lawyers should know the constitution - not in my world. No way I'm giving up my rights to understand the laws that govern me. I would have thought someone like you would have agreed with this? Best.
    jerseyben likes this.

Jun 2007
    13780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Jersey, a law that violates constitution is invalid and not a legal law from the day it is passed... I can refused to follow any law that violates the constitution. I have no problem hiring an attorney.

I swore oath to defend the constitution from all enemies foreign AND domestic long before you were born, that oath is valid till the day i die no matter what king charles obama says...
    King Charles Obama...?

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    20615 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Easily explained. It's the courts that decide what is unconstitutional and then everything you copied follows from that. It's not joe individual who says something is unconstitutional and decides all of a sudden not to follow that law correct? Just think if every individual in this country could choose to decide what laws were constitutional and what laws were not - crazy right. So who has that power to decide - yes it's the courts - with the Supreme Court having the final say.

I don't think you need to be a lawyer to understand our constitution. I think it is every citizen and patriots duty to understand the laws of our land. Or do you think only lawyers should know the constitution - not in my world. No way I'm giving up my rights to understand the laws that govern me. I would have thought someone like you would have agreed with this? Best.
    Are these judges elected or appointed?
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29985 times

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Jun 2007
    13780 times
    I will check with my "contacts" in Richmond, Va. GA.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29985 times
    That is incorrect. When the proper court determines that a legislative act (a law) conflicts with the constitution, it finds that law unconstitutional and declares it void in whole or in part. This is called judicial review. The portion of the law that is declared void is considered to be struck down, or the entire statute is considered to be struck from the statute books. Best
    No, you told me I was wrong, remember, you said ......

When the proper court determines that a legislative act (a law) conflicts with the constitution, it finds that law unconstitutional and declares it void in whole or in part.

Easily explained. It's the courts that decide what is unconstitutional and then everything you copied follows from that.

That is not right according to the legal review below, any law that violates the Constitution is invailid from the moment of its enactment, not from the date of the decision branding it unconstitutional...

Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jan 28, 2013 at 09:53 PM.
    Dave44 and Chadeaux like this.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6080 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyben View Post
    King Obama? He is our President. USA doesn't have kings, queens, or other royalty.
    Someone needs to tell him . . . he is acting as though he is the king. The congress, the court and the Constitution are all being ignored as though he were the king.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Someone needs to tell him . . . he is acting as though he is the king. The congress, the court and the Constitution are all being ignored as though he were the king.
    I suppose you are referring to autocrats. Many kings have little to know power and are basically just ceremonial heads of state.
    -Abraham Lincoln

us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    2221 times
    I suppose you are referring to autocrats. Many kings have little to know power and are basically just ceremonial heads of state.
    Was the "know power" intentional on your part? I guess they would like to "know" power, Nice pun! But BO really is going beyond his mandate. Glad you noticed!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29985 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Jersey, a law that violates constitution is invalid and not a legal law from the day it is passed... I can refused to follow any law that violates the constitution.

No, you told me I was wrong, remember, you said ......

When the proper court determines that a legislative act (a law) conflicts with the constitution, it finds that law unconstitutional and declares it void in whole or in part.

Easily explained. It's the courts that decide what is unconstitutional and then everything you copied follows from that.

That is not right according to the American Jurisprudence legal review below, any law that violates the Constitution is invailid from the moment of its enactment, not from the date of the decision branding it unconstitutional...

No reply...................
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jan 28, 2013 at 10:09 PM.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Jun 2007
    13780 times
    OP is MISLEADING! Virginia House of Delegates has approved, Senate has NOT. THIS is the General Assembly... it has to be "signed off on", by Governor of Virginia; NOT done, NOT approved as of this date (1/29/2013). MISLEADING OP. It WILL become INTERESTING, tho;
    GOVERNOR is pro-2nd Amendment Right... ppl of Virginia are pro-GUN CONTROL.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jan 29, 2013 at 07:36 AM.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6080 times
    Cache Hunting
    I was referring to King James and the like.

Absolute power . . . he thinks that is his role. To make the laws to suit his whims. To enforce existing law based on his likes and dislikes. To COMPLETELY IGNORE the Constitution because he doesn't like it.

THAT is what I meant.

. . . THAT is what he does.
    Last edited by Chadeaux; Jan 29, 2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    worldtalker and Dave44 like this.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links