worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Easily explained. It's the courts that decide what is unconstitutional and then everything you copied follows from that. It's not joe individual who says something is unconstitutional and decides all of a sudden not to follow that law correct? Just think if every individual in this country could choose to decide what laws were constitutional and what laws were not - crazy right. So who has that power to decide - yes it's the courts - with the Supreme Court having the final say.

I don't think you need to be a lawyer to understand our constitution. I think it is every citizen and patriots duty to understand the laws of our land. Or do you think only lawyers should know the constitution - not in my world. No way I'm giving up my rights to understand the laws that govern me. I would have thought someone like you would have agreed with this? Best.

Are these judges elected or appointed?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[SIZE=+1]16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256:

The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be In agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it.....

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the lend, it is superseded thereby.

No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.
[/SIZE]

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is incorrect. When the proper court determines that a legislative act (a law) conflicts with the constitution, it finds that law unconstitutional and declares it void in whole or in part. This is called judicial review. The portion of the law that is declared void is considered to be struck down, or the entire statute is considered to be struck from the statute books. Best

No, you told me I was wrong, remember, you said ......

When the proper court determines that a legislative act (a law) conflicts with the constitution, it finds that law unconstitutional and declares it void in whole or in part.

Easily explained. It's the courts that decide what is unconstitutional and then everything you copied follows from that.

That is not right according to the legal review below, any law that violates the Constitution is invailid from the moment of its enactment, not from the date of the decision branding it unconstitutional...

16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256:

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
King Obama? He is our President. USA doesn't have kings, queens, or other royalty.

Someone needs to tell him . . . he is acting as though he is the king. The congress, the court and the Constitution are all being ignored as though he were the king.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone needs to tell him . . . he is acting as though he is the king. The congress, the court and the Constitution are all being ignored as though he were the king.

I suppose you are referring to autocrats. Many kings have little to know power and are basically just ceremonial heads of state.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose you are referring to autocrats. Many kings have little to know power and are basically just ceremonial heads of state.

Was the "know power" intentional on your part? I guess they would like to "know" power, Nice pun! But BO really is going beyond his mandate. Glad you noticed!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jersey, a law that violates constitution is invalid and not a legal law from the day it is passed... I can refused to follow any law that violates the constitution.

That is incorrect. When the proper court determines that a legislative act (a law) conflicts with the constitution, it finds that law unconstitutional and declares it void in whole or in part. This is called judicial review. The portion of the law that is declared void is considered to be struck down, or the entire statute is considered to be struck from the statute books. Best

No, you told me I was wrong, remember, you said ......

When the proper court determines that a legislative act (a law) conflicts with the constitution, it finds that law unconstitutional and declares it void in whole or in part.

Easily explained. It's the courts that decide what is unconstitutional and then everything you copied follows from that.

That is not right according to the American Jurisprudence legal review below, any law that violates the Constitution is invailid from the moment of its enactment, not from the date of the decision branding it unconstitutional...

16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256:

No reply...................:dontknow:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OP is MISLEADING! Virginia House of Delegates has approved, Senate has NOT. THIS is the General Assembly... it has to be "signed off on", by Governor of Virginia; NOT done, NOT approved as of this date (1/29/2013). MISLEADING OP. It WILL become INTERESTING, tho;
GOVERNOR is pro-2nd Amendment Right... ppl of Virginia are pro-GUN CONTROL.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I was referring to King James and the like.

Absolute power . . . he thinks that is his role. To make the laws to suit his whims. To enforce existing law based on his likes and dislikes. To COMPLETELY IGNORE the Constitution because he doesn't like it.

THAT is what I meant.

. . . THAT is what he does.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP is MISLEADING! Virginia House of Delegates has approved, Senate has NOT. THIS is the General Assembly... it has to be "signed off on", by Governor of Virginia; NOT done, NOT approved as of this date (1/29/2013). MISLEADING OP. It WILL become INTERESTING, tho;
GOVERNOR is pro-2nd Amendment Right... ppl of Virginia are pro-GUN CONTROL.

As stated in another thread, you are only partly right, the suburbs of DC are pro control (they work for the Gov.), Most of Va. is pro 2nd though, I think DC needs a little more acreage myself.

I only say this because I live, work and know a lot of Virginians, But maybe you know more of them?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
As stated in another thread, you are only partly right, the suburbs of DC are pro control (they work for the Gov.), Most of Va. is pro 2nd though, I think DC needs a little more acreage myself.

I only say this because I live, work and know a lot of Virginians, But maybe you know more of them?

LOL! Going by what GA has done; the ISSUE is GUN CONTROL; I am even for 2nd Amend, as are MANY ppl in Virginia; I have NO problem with TRAINED teachers/staff CCW; students feel safer. At the Universities... TRAINED Profs/staff/students who pass "Mental Health" exams... we will see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread