Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Literally I just wrote for 3 hours.

I had to stop because my hands were shaking and my head was pounding.

When I re-read what I had written I sounded devoid of thought. I had written everything as it had flowed out of me. By erasing what I wrote I think I've just bottled it all back in, someday maybe I'll have the courage and presence of mind to put it out there for everyone to read, but for now, it's my own burden to bear.

I'll re-iterate what I've said so far, as I think some of you didn't bother to read, or read but didn't understand, or understood but didn't care.

I wish this wasn't an issue.

The fact remains that something horrific has once again happened to our nation, and as a knee jerk reaction someone tossed out this stupid legislation. If they had proposed the first 7 tenants without adding in an assault rifle ban or limit on high cap mags, this also, i feel, would not be an issue. Do not make the mistake of thinking this nation was founded on principles taken so lightly. One man and his old white friend can't make all your guns vanish. Yes there are places that do not need to have certain guns. Yes there are irresponsible people who should be punished according to their crime individually and without effecting the populace as a whole.

Start by doing something, not on the computer, to both raise awareness and find like minded individuals. remember your right to initiative. The way you have been taught is reactive, now is the time to be proactive and make your voice heard before legislation is passed. Unless all you want to do is fight, and the end result doesn't matter to you. Some people will move from struggle to struggle, just because they like the way being part of a group makes them feel.

I really could go on for another 3 hours. But most people who read this sort of thing glaze over after the first few sentences. The world has made us dumb and immediate gratification is the only purveyor of satisfaction. I would once again find myself lost in my own thoughts, I would in fact need my own board with its own topics, and free reign to curse and post dirty pictures.

Yes I will probably be flamed for this post. No I don't care.

And yes, as is my current opinion, the only posts after this one will be either flaming me, or restating the same tired garbage that everybody puts in their spam folder with no thought or ideas put forth as to how either author or reader can stem the tide. They just want to watch the steam roller coming and wait for it to hit.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLlUgilKqms

I think you are wrong on the one man and his old white friend part (although that line is humorous) . Everything obama has wanted he has gotten, he is using his powers and beyond unchecked. In normal times it would agree he can't make your guns go away. However these are not normal times. He is acting and being allowed to act as a dictator. Who is to stop him?

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a quick google search lent this result.

The Nation; Gore Urges Repeal of Patriot Act | Foundation for Defense of Democracies

I don't agree with some of his political views but if he were to work to repeal, I would approve of his appointment. that legislation gave the president more power than ever before in US history, and violated the rights of all Americans, not just the ones like myself who love shooting things.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I will probably be flamed for this post. No I don't care.

Flamed :icon_scratch: Nah, I even gave you a like thingamiggie :laughing7:

It does get rather monotonous to see 100 posts or more on the same topic, with slightly different verbiage and still never getting to the root issue. Nor have I seen anyone try to think of any solutions (Google does not currently offer this service :tongue3: )

Now there is talk of the million man gun march this Feb 8th. I just wonder how many from this site will be making that trip? Hmmm, I don't think anyone will and the excuses will pour in faster than any solution. :laughing7:

I think the point has also been made that no one I can think of is for for any reform, or repeal of any amendment, especially the 2nd.

Nope. It's a lot more fun to share a patriot slogan and pound on your chest, than thinking :laughing7:

As far as quotes for the 2nd amendment, I'll add mine

What, me worry? - Alfred E Newman July 1955 :headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one is required to read any post here, if someone is reading 100 posts on same topic it is by their choice.

It is like when I use to tell my mom, "it hurts when I do this mom", her reply was "well stop doing it then."

Admins said allow 2nd amendment posts for now so they are allowed...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my recollection, I'm the only one that had a viable solution, but I guess there's too much work involved :dontknow: :laughing9:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enforce present gun laws and convict to the fullest extent the laws allow
quit letting criminals out early because they have been good during their timeout
arm people in schools and get rid of gun-free zones
have gun owners lock up their guns
quit letting children play violent video games
register nutjobs, registering guns DOES NOT WORK!
There, I've thrown a few things out there that may help. How come, in every thread Spart, you complain about the same things being said in every thread? Isn't that like Feinstein calling someone ugly?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of which, they started their hearings on Capitol Hill this am. Before they were 5 minutes into it, there was a senator speaking of "clips" instead of "magazines". If we are going to debate these things, shouldn't the "lawmakers" know what the heck they are talking about? These hearings are going to be like exploratory surgery, just messing around with laws and statutes with no understanding of the real problems.

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Packer, I think you took my post the wrong way. You are probably only the 3rd person in any of these posts with suggestions. I'm pretty sure I'm right about that number too, but you can correct me if I'm wrong :thumbsup:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Packer, I think you took my post the wrong way. You are probably only the 3rd person in any of these posts with suggestions. I'm pretty sure I'm right about that number too, but you can correct me if I'm wrong :thumbsup:

You are wrong...again...

Shoot em all and let doG sort it out.

There, that is 4. Anybody got a fifth?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No fifth here,no whiskey/whisky ect. in house. May be some wine. can i plead the fifth?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I recon that is on their agenda.GodBless Chris

Attachments

• obey_dees.jpg
    obey_dees.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 89

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I did misunderstand, who knows? I know I won't be going on the march you speak of, I have to go back to Iowa in April and I have stuff that must get done around here before then. So, there's my excuse. Besides, all of those guns in the hands of lawful citizens just scares the crap out of me. I'll be surprised if they don't all open up on each other. I am renewing my NRA membership although they are being villianized (sp?) by the admin and the media. That's how it works. You make the "****", the "Krauts" and the "Radical Muslim Taliban" look bad and then, after your people are conditioned, you go to war. Remove the credibility of the NRA and your biggest obstacle is gone.
Where "****" is I had written the non-politically correct term used to villianize the Japanese during WWll. System corrected me.
Bet I can say Honkey, Whitey, Snowflake, Cracker, Gringo and Paleface without any trouble.
yep :)

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of us have posted viable solutions, you may not like them but that doesn't make then any less valuable.......

Here is mine short and sweet, "keep your hands off the 2nd amendment, enforce the laws on the books now against criminals, stop giving them early release for good behavior, commit a violent crime using a gun you get the max with no early parole period........"

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fear mongering is the tool of the naive ninnies that believe that controls will prevent tragedies like the ones that inspire this debate.

What about the senseless deaths that are attributed to speeding? Why isn't O'butthead issuing executive orders on assault cars (cobras, vettes, spiders, miatas, etc).

Speeding causes 100x the number of deaths as shootings.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fear mongering is the tool of the naive ninnies that believe that controls will prevent tragedies like the ones that inspire this debate.

What about the senseless deaths that are attributed to speeding? Why isn't O'butthead issuing executive orders on assault cars (cobras, vettes, spiders, miatas, etc).

Speeding causes 100x the number of deaths as shootings.

Probably cause "O" has a great unfounded respect for the late Ted Kennedy. He sure knew a great deal about killing someone in a car.......

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If there was a way to buy a gun in australia, i would "march" around port fairy all day carrying it around. The way laws are made over here though, it would eventually end in my arrest and the "crazy american waving a double barrel .410" would end up making it illegal to carry firearms outside of your house.

however, if there is a demonstration in march, i'll be more than happy to attend as I hope i will be home by then.

and yes, like many, i shoot things, not people. Things like washing machines, old vinyl records, junk dinner plates, empty bottles, aluminum and steel cans, clay pigeons. old frying pans, etc etc etc.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Could you please explain the situation down under better.Your perspective as an American
would be appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions