bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Yep...people in the public domain, politicians, musical artists, actors/actresses thrive on the public attention and/or adulation....to keep themselves in demand....unfortunately some of this stuff backfires and comes back to bite them in the butt.

And don't even get me going on KK....at least most of the above referenced people have quite a bit of talent/ability....Kim
happens to be a publicity hound with very little substance brought to the table.....and people eat it up...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Crispin,

Yep...people in the public domain, politicians, musical artists, actors/actresses thrive on the public attention and/or adulation....to keep themselves in demand....unfortunately some of this stuff backfires and comes back to bite them in the butt.

And don't even get me going on KK....at least most of the above referenced people have quite a bit of talent/ability....Kim
happens to be a publicity hound with very little substance brought to the table.....and people eat it up...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

HYPER-Sexual...?

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"She is anything but poor, she is quite rich."

Again, I have no idea who you are talking about. All I see is BS and that has another meaning to me. Does money make you rich? Does she have good friends she can trust? Does she have a good family base? Does she have love and respect? I'll take my good friends over all the money in the world. Somebody said she is gay, overweight, uses drugs, is bi-polar and is in and out of institutions. Is that what you call rich? Well maybe if everyone just left her alone she could get her life in order. I wish her well. I also wish her a Kevlar vest to deflect some of the knives aimed at her back.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The opening post in the thread referred specifically to Britney Spears....public domain personality.....everyone is entitled to their views....look at some of the feedback Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, etc.... have gotten over the years...it comes with the turf and everyone is entitled to their views.

Regards + HH

Bill

skateandcreate

May 5, 2008
MARYLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Minelab GPX 4800
Maybe she just wanted a fresh head of hair. Out with the old hair (so last season) and in with the brand new hair

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
"She is anything but poor, she is quite rich."

Again, I have no idea who you are talking about. All I see is BS and that has another meaning to me. Does money make you rich? Does she have good friends she can trust? Does she have a good family base? Does she have love and respect? I'll take my good friends over all the money in the world. Somebody said she is gay, overweight, uses drugs, is bi-polar and is in and out of institutions. Is that what you call rich? Well maybe if everyone just left her alone she could get her life in order. I wish her well. I also wish her a Kevlar vest to deflect some of the knives aimed at her back.

You don't know who Brittney Spears is or you didn't read the whole thread? I was abbreviating...much like BO.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rebel,

It's under control now I've got my meds......but have to admit it was fun while it lasted.....ROFL.

Here's a song that goes along with the theme somewhat.....

Regards + HH

Bill

HYPER-Sexual...?

Last edited:

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You don't know who Brittney Spears is or you didn't read the whole thread? I was abbreviating...much like BO.

I suppose I've heard the name. It sounds familiar. Not sure at all who she is. But, from what was said here, if it is true, she sounds like she needs more help and pity than anything else.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just an other idiot that will be dead from an overdose soon,they drop like flies dont they.:laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know who she is, wouldn't pay a dime to hear her sing live, but wouldn't object if she liked to eat crackers....

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I suppose I've heard the name. It sounds familiar. Not sure at all who she is. But, from what was said here, if it is true, she sounds like she needs more help and pity than anything else.

So, what exactly happened to never entering a debate unless you have done your research and have your facts straight? You made pretty strong statements for somebody who doesn't even know what we are talking about...

OP
OP
bbcamay

bbcamay

Dec 29, 2012
Summerville, SC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin said:
I'm low on time but I wanted to get something out there for you.
1. Not sure what you mean by "more serious." Bipolar I is pretty darn serious, what were you thinking of?

Subset: Reason's I think BS is bipolar I. Admitedtly, I have never examined her.
1. She was at the average age of onset for a manic episode.
2. She became psychotic, shaved her head, and ran off with a bizarre companion choice. Let us assume hypersexuality.
3. She was hospitalized for a long period of time afterwards and her father became her fiduciary. To take away someone's rights to manage millions of dollars is no small feat. A judge must have had serious concern.
4. There is an obvious change in her personality before the 2007 event and afterwards. This change can be seen in how dull and non-emotional she appears, these can be side effects of bipolar drugs.
5. She put on a lot of weight after being hospitalized in 2007. Weight gain is a side effect of bipolar drugs.

Counter Questions:
1. Can we accept BS is bipolar I or does this need further discussion?
2. If we cannot accept the premise in question one then what mental illness would you propose for the 2007 breakdown period and behaviors subsequent to that?
3. Which side do you want to take here? BS will or will not have another breakdown? I am good taking either one.

Crisp

Ps. Feel free to draft anybody else's opinion as long as they play by the rules. I will not hesitate to ask for opinions from two of the most linear and logical people I have ever met...Bill and Spartacus.

Ok, Crispin, I will TRY to play. but clearly you are a great debater so at the risk of embarrassing myself, here goes...

Let me first off say I am a HUGE Birtney supporter. LOVE. THAT. GIRL. and only wish the best for her. I was so nervous about her breaking off her engagement and hate to see what is to come in the aftermath.

We can agree for the moment that she has bipolar. I am not saying bipolar is not serious, because I know first hand that it is. I have family members who struggle with this illness. HOWEVER, what makes me think it could be something more serious is the fact that my family members have never shown ANY side affects she has shown to the public, even without medication. I believe if it was SOLELY bipolar they would have come out long ago and stated that. If not that, she or someone else in her entourage would have written a tell all about her experiences.

It is upsetting at the change of her demeanor. I miss the old Britney (prior to 2007). She is robotic and can be compared to Dick Clark after his stroke (RIP). It is disheartening that whatever medication she is on because it is not the right one. If you are being medicated properly you do not act so stoic.

I hope that she only goes up from here and am keeping my fingers crossed that no meltdown will occur. But deep down I fear one is looming!

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, what exactly happened to never entering a debate unless you have done your research and have your facts straight? You made pretty strong statements for somebody who doesn't even know what we are talking about...

I do not know the person, but I do know common decency. Would you want your daughter's name bandied about so? As a supposed professional I would think you would not engage in such salacious gossip. But, I guess if that's what peels your banana.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bbcamay,

I have to admit you've got a good head on your shoulders and are what Crispin would call and empath....do a google search if you're not sure what it means....I'm not shy when he called me that I had to check it out.

Even though some of us including me have made light of the situation.....I doubt if any of us wish her ill....unfortunately a lot of the artistic crowd have their demons to fight and it tends to give them grief during their lives/careers....

Let's see what Crispin's perspective sheds on the subject.

Regards + HH

Bill

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, Crispin, I will TRY to play. but clearly you are a great debater so at the risk of embarrassing myself, here goes...

Let me first off say I am a HUGE Birtney supporter. LOVE. THAT. GIRL. and only wish the best for her. I was so nervous about her breaking off her engagement and hate to see what is to come in the aftermath.

We can agree for the moment that she has bipolar. I am not saying bipolar is not serious, because I know first hand that it is. I have family members who struggle with this illness. HOWEVER, what makes me think it could be something more serious is the fact that my family members have never shown ANY side affects she has shown to the public, even without medication. I believe if it was SOLELY bipolar they would have come out long ago and stated that. If not that, she or someone else in her entourage would have written a tell all about her experiences.

It is upsetting at the change of her demeanor. I miss the old Britney (prior to 2007). She is robotic and can be compared to Dick Clark after his stroke (RIP). It is disheartening that whatever medication she is on because it is not the right one. If you are being medicated properly you do not act so stoic.

I hope that she only goes up from here and am keeping my fingers crossed that no meltdown will occur. But deep down I fear one is looming!

BB,

Thanks for the kind words. Lets change this from a debate to a discussion. Especially since we are talking about something others consider me an expert in.

1. I love BS too. I was saddened watching that chain of events unfold. I was constantly cursing at the TV at the time. Yelling, "somebody commit this poor girl before she kills herself!" If she was not a celebrity she would have been arrested and hospitalized for help a lot earlier.
2. You are right, it could be something more serious. My biggest concern is that it is schizo-affective disorder. This is a combination of bipolar and schizophrenia. It is ridiculousy hard to treat. However, that is just a guess. I have seen no evidence on this through the media. If this was the case the family would be VERY protective in hiding it.
3. There are many different forms of bipolar. Severity is extremelly variable. For the most part, you are right on the medications. She should not look that robotic and dare I say it, "zombie-like." However, there are some bipolars that are so severe this is the best course of medicine. Being that this was her first public break and how successful she was prior...doctors should be able to do better then this.
4. Lets assume she is schizoaffective disorder. Unfortunately, her prodromal syndromes would fit the demographics for this as well. Schizophrenia is an entirely different beast. A large percentage of schizophrenics will have their first break and NEVER be the same (about 1/3.) These patients will always have symptoms and live very low functioning lives. On the other side, about 1/3 of schizophrenics will have a break, get on medication, STAY on medication, and go back to living totally normal lives. The other third of schizophrenics is in the middle. They return to functioning lives but are never quite the same. If SAD(schizoaffective ds.) is the correct diagnosis then this is where BS would fall into.
-In this case, it is not the medications that are making her robotic entirely by themselves. It is also due to gross dysfunction in the mesolimbic system of the brain.
-However, keeping her constantly medicated may save what is left of her. Every time an 'episode' happens there is massive damage that can be done to the brain. Most schizophrenics stop their medication at some point in time. When they do...they relapse. When they relapse...more damage. With more damage they are more likely to fall into the category of the first third we talked about.
-To sum up: Her very career may hang on the balance of the right medication regimen.
5. Lets assume that BS has had multiple opinions from several of the best doctors.
6. Given that her father is still the fiduciary after 6 years, something is seriously wrong. Judges do not take away people's rights to manage money lightly, especially for that long.
7. Remember, I have never examined her. This is all theoretical. The media also slants things...who knows what truth we are getting.
8. Despite all that, she made 15 million for one year of work on Dano's favorite show. They are doing something right.

Shall we continue with the original question about if the episode will repeat or leave things at this?

Your admirer, ;)

Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not know the person, but I do know common decency. Would you want your daughter's name bandied about so? As a supposed professional I would think you would not engage in such salacious gossip. But, I guess if that's what peels your banana.

Griz: Please step out of this discussion. I grow weary of your insults and you clearly have no informed facts or constructive opinions to add. I would be happy to debate you in the 2nd amendment threads where you are VERY well informed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread