worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
What good is knowledge of something if one has no understanding of HOW it works? GodBless Chris

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What good is knowledge of something if one has no understanding of HOW it works? GodBless Chris

Well, UNDERSTANDING of that Knowledge comes from ACTUALLY using that knowledge; EXAMPLE: Driving a car... GREAT books on it... BUT! Gotta get "behind the wheels"... get EXPERIENCE. SAME is true for "FIXING" that car... SOME can, and SOME can't.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, UNDERSTANDING of that Knowledge comes from ACTUALLY using that knowledge; EXAMPLE: Driving a car... GREAT books on it... BUT! Gotta get "behind the wheels"... get EXPERIENCE. SAME is true for "FIXING" that car... SOME can, and SOME can't.

Some can,others won't or don't know how,let no person say I can't do it,by the way who's driving your car?

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, understanding is knowing what to do with the knowledge that you have obtained!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's how I have always looked at it,"My understanding is based on my knowledge". You can not achieve an understanding without knowledge to base it on. Someone can not truly understand why it rains unless they have the knowledge of the interactions of humidity, due-point, temperature etc. Just my point of view, Frank

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I see this differently...

Knowledge: book learning, spouting facts, memorizing facts, regurgitating information, quoting ones elders.

Understanding: Feeling what one feels, being at peace with God, sheepherding the weak through the valley of darkness.

Knowledge is something one can obtain, understanding is something one gains.

Your humble servant,
Crispin

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Knowledge: book learning, spouting facts, memorizing facts, regurgitating information, quoting ones elders.

Understanding: Feeling what one feels, being at peace with God, sheepherding the weak through the valley of darkness.

Your humble servant,
Crispin

You are correct to a point. It is like the chicken and the egg, once you achieve understanding, it becomes knowledge. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
When understanding comes why would one need knowledge,knowledge leads to understanding,once understanding comes knowledge is no more.Hope this isn't over to many minds!!! GodBless Chris

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Your humble servant,
Crispin

You can never have enough of either...they both go hand in hand if used properly...like book smart and street smart, they both will leave you very weak in the end if not mingled together..

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
My last try. Since we think in pictures, I will set an example.
The caveman sees lightning hit a tree. It catches fire, something the cave man has never seen. He reaches out to grab it and gets burned. He now has the knowledge of fire and the understanding that it can burn. When he sees the next fire. He does not touch it for he has achieved the knowledge of fire and the understanding that it can burn. At this point he can now enjoy a nice warm supper using his knowledge and extending his understanding of it. As I said before, it is a chicken and egg situation, which came first. ...Frank

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The caveman sees lightning hit a tree. It catches fire, something the cave man has never seen. He reaches out to grab it and gets burned. He now has the knowledge of fire and the understanding that it can burn. When he sees the next fire. He does not touch it for he has achieved the knowledge of fire and the understanding that it can burn. At this point he can now enjoy a nice warm supper using his knowledge and extending his understanding of it. As I said before, it is a chicken and egg situation, which came first. ...Frank

View attachment 755306

Do you really think he put 2 and 2 together and cooked something...LOL Im thinking he was thinking...Um..big noise, brite thing like round thing up above come here and hurt....:tongue3:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

View attachment 755306

I grabbed a handful of grey coals as a kid thinking they were cold,boy was I wrong,oh,the Chicken came first,there had to be a Chicken to lay an egg!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread