Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The basis of all comedy is truth.

yes, a truth disguised in humor. Funny, (not the humorous kind) how many people think that humor is just Nonsense :laughing7:

Some people just can't see the forest because the trees are in the way :tongue3: Funny, and so true :thumbsup:

I tend to look at issues from a lighter side, and that is not appreciated by some. I guess they'll have to get over it :laughing7:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Counterpoint
Serious does not beg prejudice -Good point and this should be open for discussion/debate as well. Although many, many times a serious statement will imply prejudice.

Example - Sorry, we don't serve (insert your favorite here)

Counter on the 2nd point

Yes, there are at time two different worlds for the majority of people, but with your background, I'm surprised you didn't mention the many other worlds out there that are also running parallel to the 2 under discussion.

You are used to understanding the mind and possibly correcting it though understanding, stimulation and perhaps medications

My method is to show an alternative that you can reach understanding though the stimulation of a different thought process.

In a nutshell, you work subjective consciousness and understand them. I in turn work with the unconscious and just subject them, period :tongue3:

Response to counterpoint of first point: I completely agree with you. Serious and prejudice are like some relationships. One will go to bed with the same person the vast majority of the time; however, there are always those times they don't.
-Agree that it could be an entirely different discussion/debate, in and of itself.

Response to counterpoint of point the 2nd: I don't think those other worlds are running parallel, far from it. I think my world runs parallel to yours and Bill's. However, some of these other worlds you have so deftly alluded to run perpendicular to mine. However, when they intersect it does not form a right angle; but rather, a violent explosion. Shall I point some out or can you find them here yourself? (That was a rhetorical question.)
-On the other hand, your world runs at a 45degree zig-zagging angle to the world that runs so very perpendicular to mine. Yet, it continues to run parallel to my world. Your world is a quite remarkable world.
-With Bill's training he is hoping to bring my world into a 15degree zig-zagging pattern to the perpendicular one. However, so far he bangs his head against the pub-bar top.

New point, point 1 cubed: Your method is pure madness. My method is simple insanity. Quite a big difference when applied mathematically.

New point, point 2 squared: Nothing is ever in a nutshell, not even the nut. I think this is a Zen thing. Again, I need Rebel to help out here.
-I assure you there is nothing subjective to my consciousness, it all is all objective to me. ;)
-You do not subject others to your unconscious. All who read you become your subjects. ;)

Admirably,
Crispin

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Counter to point 2 - I should have been more clear in my presentation about parallel worlds, as I was thinking in actual time. All exist and run beside each other at the same time, and yes, many times their path's will cross at various points. I would also note that even in a 90 degree collision, it is not always a violent one of misunderstanding, sometimes there is a true understanding and perhaps even compromise.

All who read you become your subjects. That is one funny statement, it can go so many ways my head is spinning now :tongue3:

I will also go o to say that I believe I too, am very objective, just from a different angle. Like billiards :laughing7:

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see the world more in the terms of the "River of Life". We are all connected to the river of life, but each relates to the river in their own way. The river can be deep or shallow, have rapids and great waterfalls and stretches of calm. Some people try to swim from side to side, thinking they are crossing the river, even as the river moves them down stream. Some swim with the current, some against the current. Some sit by the river and watch it go by. Others swing on rope-tires and make a big splash. Some tread water and others seek a sand bar to rest. Some even prefer to swim under water. Then there are those who make rules for all others and dash about in big noisy boats trying to command attention and bring their concept of order to the river, only to be replaced by others who surplant the previous order with a new idea, all, of course, for their personal concept of the common good. Life is the same river, we just all relate it differently. Even those who tread water are still moving down stream.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Response to counterpoint of first point: I completely agree with you. Serious and prejudice are like some relationships. One will go to bed with the same person the vast majority of the time; however, there are always those times they don't.
-Agree that it could be an entirely different discussion/debate, in and of itself.

Response to counterpoint of point the 2nd: I don't think those other worlds are running parallel, far from it. I think my world runs parallel to yours and Bill's. However, some of these other worlds you have so deftly alluded to run perpendicular to mine. However, when they intersect it does not form a right angle; but rather, a violent explosion. Shall I point some out or can you find them here yourself? (That was a rhetorical question.)
-On the other hand, your world runs at a 45degree zig-zagging angle to the world that runs so very perpendicular to mine. Yet, it continues to run parallel to my world. Your world is a quite remarkable world.
-With Bill's training he is hoping to bring my world into a 15degree zig-zagging pattern to the perpendicular one. However, so far he bangs his head against the pub-bar top.

New point, point 1 cubed: Your method is pure madness. My method is simple insanity. Quite a big difference when applied mathematically.

New point, point 2 squared: Nothing is ever in a nutshell, not even the nut. I think this is a Zen thing. Again, I need Rebel to help out here.
-I assure you there is nothing subjective to my consciousness, it all is all objective to me. ;)
-You do not subject others to your unconscious. All who read you become your subjects. ;)

Admirably,
Crispin

HERE! What do you need to know; the various dimensions are NOT parallell. They OVER-LAP; the HIGHEST "ring" is the ALL inclusive realm of DOG. Even SCIENCE is "talking" about 10 dimensions... maybe even 11! HA!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AND! The 10th Dimension is that of PURE, UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS.

In the HUMAN Realm; ALL is Objective. SUBJECTIVITY comes when I/M C is released from the HUMAN "Prison".:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

I like your 15% zig zag analogy....must have something to do with my Canuck upbringing where you had to deke to the left and then to the right to carry the puck through all the competition when playing hockey.....heck it works for me....also keeps the competition off balance trying to anticipate your next move...lol.

Me thinks you're getting better at that approach also...

Where that approach doesn't work is piloting a plane and trying to land....the zip zaging in that case is called wind shear....it happened on a flight to the Islands....luckily I was in the window seat and I could tell the pilot was struggling but kept the plane steady I was mum to my wife.....it ended up being a safe landing but just barely.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where that approach doesn't work is piloting a plane and trying to land....the zip zaging in that case is called wind shear....it happened on a flight to the Islands....luckily I was in the window seat and I could tell the pilot was struggling but kept the plane steady I was mum to my wife.....it ended up being a safe landing but just barely.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is why I like to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground. I know if I were on that plane, once I alit, I would have to change my shorts :tongue3:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spart,

Don't be a wuss...lol....another airplane story for you....flying home from a business trip Calgary to Montreal....we hit some turbulence.....and with my luck I was in the restroom at the back of the plane....the red light starts flashing.....the turbulence was so bad I had to grab an empty seat near the rear and buckle up....

The plane was bouncing around like a washing machine....pilot comes on and says we have to ride it out....up, down, sideways no smooth space to move to.....I looked over my shoulder and flight attendant was strapped in and looking pale as a ghost.....I commented we were having a pretty rough ride....she looked at me and said she hadn't had this bad a flight for at least 2 years.....that gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling....this went on for about 1 1/2 until things smoothed out a bit...

Made it back to my mid plane seat....they made a quick run through with the beverage cart....there's a big dude setting across from me and he orders a double scotch to calm himself....now this is like mid morning and I'm chuckling to myself what a wuss.....lol.....back with the red light and another 1 hour of bouncing around....so over half the flight was like that....the joys of airplane travel....and yes I've flown numerous times since then....I am not a wuss....lol

Regards + HH

Bill

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't you think Uatinov was talking about satire, a subset of humor? Like Lenny Bruce, Mort Saul, George Carlin. Funny doesn't have to be serious but it can be. Tim Leary (ya Tim Leary) once said about LSD, "Those that start out laughing realize the terror in the end when they discover the joke, the great cosmic joke, is on them."
I'm not sure that's funny. Or maybe I just react to that thread of paranoia that runs through the Universe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mack, you would think by now, you know where my threads go. For the most part they fall into 2 camps.

1- My favorite, they go where the reader wants to go. :laughing7:
2- They get moved elsewhere, because they're not understood :icon_scratch: :tongue3:

hvacker, we're just having a fun, brain tease so to say and yes, funny doesn't have to be serious, but can be :icon_thumright:

Looking for threads that are paranoid :dontknow:, then you've come to the right forum :tongue3:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Mack, you would think by now, you know where my threads go. For the most part they fall into 2 camps.

1- My favorite, they go where the reader wants to go. :laughing7:
2- They get moved elsewhere, because they're not understood :icon_scratch: :tongue3:

hvacker, we're just having a fun, brain tease so to say and yes, funny doesn't have to be serious, but can be :icon_thumright:

Looking for threads that are paranoid :dontknow:, then you've come to the right forum :tongue3:

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not being followed.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not being followed.

Nope, you're being followed. Paranoia is just a give me. Besides, paranoia is a good thing, it keeps you on your toes :laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spart,

So that's why I have a kink in my neck....it's all that looking over my shoulder stuff....lol.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Spartacus53,
I pay little attention to the title of the threads for, in my experience on TNet, an original poster may post his inquiry on two different threads. What frustrates me is when the original poster does not inform the members of his double thread posting and the members expend a lot of time and effort doing and posting their research on one thread while the other thread remains 'bare'. Others then read the 'bare' thread' and start their research or simply responding, not knowing that what they research or state has already be researched and posted--a waste of time for the second thread poster.
Keep the music coming.
Don.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread