Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is indeed a proud American. Seemed to be prepared also.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Think they are gonna put that clip on the evening news?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video! Why is it that a naturalized citizen one not here by birth, but rather by choice understands the Bill of Rights better than most of the gun control advocates?

I would let that man have my back in a confrontation any day, he is an American patriot and it doesn't matter where he was born.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Societal decay. Did anyone else hear that?

Maybe the problem is not all the guns, but the thoughts and actions of people who have guns or access to them.

One would think to asking ones self, imho, "What IS societal decay? How do we overcome societal decay? I mean, if we are going to "lay the charges", so to say, at the feet of "societal decay", does that mean we should now possibly look at our own thoughts and actions, as opposed to always blaming something or someone else? (I know for many this is a given, that just how we were raised) It may require less selfishness and lose of some ego, too.
Ever been on a forum, and observe societal decay? Or just step back and observe and be mindful of actions of people around you. Maybe it will boil down to: how people interact with each other. omg, there's a thought.

I saw a headline yesterday that said, Is gun play safe for our children? Well I think thats a silly question, gun play children same sentance. Guns are not play! The violence kids are exposed to in video games and in the medias, they see one side of the story, kill kill kill. There are no consequences. No one is "really" hurt. Lets go get a pot tart......

Imho, I feel it is just as important to make aware, what the consequences are, and what is left in the wakes. Shock therapy, so to say..... Quit glorifying the play of guns, criminals, gangstas, show the wake of the aftermaths, with all the blood guts and gore, someones father, mother, brother, sister, friend, grieving, suffering. Also, sometimes people just don't die right away from gunfire, and those wakes...... well
My mom said there are things that are "worser" than death. Let THESE things, NOT be forgotten. There is tragedy and their is living tragedy, those that have been through such things, (if not harded by hate), KNOW. Some things you just can't unsee and undo. Think before you act. These things never seem to be addressed, imo. Healthy doses of respect and knowledge, then implementation of, seem to be lacking in the push button worlds.

Or is it just me, that sees this?

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
To build a house one must have a strong foundation,lest it crumble and wash away.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
P-T-C; think yer CLOSE; like the in OLD song by the Rolling Stones, "Kids are different, today..." as in VIDEO GAMES, which we didn't have when I was growing up... computers, instant gratifications, etc, etc. The WORLD is even "Smaller"; WWW makes ANYTHING & EVERYTHING accessible; GOOD, BAD, & UGLY! For a few dollars MORE, get UPGRADES... FASTER, SMALLER, etc. etc. Kids, G Kids, GG Kids, will be living in the FAST & FURIOUS Lanes of Life... OR! Back to the simple Life, that "even a CAVEMAN could do it". Quality vs Quantity of LIFE for the Human Race; HOPEFULLY, we will understand Quantum Theory, Quantum Physics, Noetic Sciences by then, so SOME will survive. And! Have a Life of Abundance, etc. WORTH LIVING for. MAY be time for a NEW Paradigm...

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a kid, I played "cowboy and indians" "war" and "police and crooks" all the time with my cap pistols, I don't believe playing pretend gun battles causes kids to kill, if it isn't becasue they have a mental condition then I believe it is because of poor parenting.... Parents that don't believe in discipline, that let their kids do what ever they want with out consequences. Growing up I knew if I screwed up my father would give me a good butt wooping, when my parents divorced my mom took over and she enforced the rules too.....In school you screwed up we had a choice, 4 or 5 licks from dean with a paddle or they told your parents..... I would always take the paddle over telling my old man or my mom, oonc eI got older my uncles would enforce it if I screwe up.....That is what is missing today....discipline!!!!

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Thanks Red!When I watched the vid it made kinda get all choked up,and I'm proud that Henson
is an American!American by choice I love it!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
P-T-C; think yer CLOSE; like the in OLD song by the Rolling Stones, "Kids are different, today..." as in VIDEO GAMES, which we didn't have when I was growing up... computers, instant gratifications, etc, etc. The WORLD is even "Smaller"; WWW makes ANYTHING & EVERYTHING accessible; GOOD, BAD, & UGLY! For a few dollars MORE, get UPGRADES... FASTER, SMALLER, etc. etc. Kids, G Kids, GG Kids, will be living in the FAST & FURIOUS Lanes of Life... OR! Back to the simple Life, that "even a CAVEMAN could do it". Quality vs Quantity of LIFE for the Human Race; HOPEFULLY, we will understand Quantum Theory, Quantum Physics, Noetic Sciences by then, so SOME will survive. And! Have a Life of Abundance, etc. WORTH LIVING for. MAY be time for a NEW Paradigm...

DEFINITELY Time for a new Paradigm (all rhyming aside)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, in the cowboy & indians, ok corrall, and cops and robbers day, we were more aware, imo. We knew if we got shot or hit with an arrow, we died. LOL! My parents took me to enough funerals, hospitals, and nursing homes, to appreciate the after effects, that life can throw at one. There was no dis-illusionment of the consequences certain actions can bring.

I also feel, the medias have so twisted and manipulated the message, people have forgotten what truly fulfills. Our kids sit in front of computers with violent video games all day, they aren't adhd, hyped on sugar or need medicating, they are addicted to the adrenaline and chemicals their brains are producing, while in the throws of an imaginary war, that doesn't even really exists. But...... then they take those mindsets out into the world with them. Forgetting the fundementals of being a human being. (Heck, even adults do this)

Yep, I do beleive man has been given a faulty brain, that if not governed correctly, can become in iteself, the deadly weapon.
What would a society then do, to correct this problem? Is there a course or class one could take?
(some of the examples I have sighted are just a small small portion or frame of a much larger picture) Ya'll do know that, don't you.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, in the cowboy & indians, ok corrall, and cops and robbers day, we were more aware, imo. We knew if we got shot or hit with an arrow, we died. LOL! My parents took me to enough funerals, hospitals, and nursing homes, to appreciate the after effects, that life can throw at one. There was no dis-illusionment of the consequences certain actions can bring.

I also feel, the medias have so twisted and manipulated the message, people have forgotten what truly fulfills. Our kids sit in front of computers with violent video games all day, they aren't adhd, hyped on sugar or need medicating, they are addicted to the adrenaline and chemicals their brains are producing, while in the throws of an imaginary war, that doesn't even really exists. But...... then they take those mindsets out into the world with them. Forgetting the fundementals of being a human being. (Heck, even adults do this)

Yep, I do beleive man has been given a faulty brain, that if not governed correctly, can become in iteself, the deadly weapon.
What would a society then do, to correct this problem? Is there a course or class one could take?
(some of the examples I have sighted are just a small small portion or frame of a much larger picture) Ya'll do know that, don't you.

In the Post "One for Crispin" I was driving that same way. Every commercial, every show on TV , Politicians and even many cartoons are being engineered to illicit an emotional response and message nowadays. That one about the starving animals comes on the cartoon network !(why do they beat me, why don't they feed me)

I believe that there is a whole generation and a half that have a hard time trying to act like they have real empathy. I believe that many of them may have had that response hit so many times they are somewhat numb, inside.

Like I said, though, I believe it, but I don't have the experience or knowledge of how the mind works to back it up.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I love this guy. True blooded American. I have a theory that kids need to shoot something that is alive. By this I mean go hunting, they will learn what really happens once something is shot and they will learn what kind of damage really happens.

This might sound weird or psychotic but I raised a few pigs a couple years ago and it was hard to feed all 5 of them so I asked my friend if he would help me kill and butcher one. He had only killed birds hunting, I figured he could take care of the pig and we would butcher him. Well he came over and he froze and kept asking me if I really wanted to do this. After a few minutes of him asking me this over and over I grabbed my 1911 and shot the pig right between the eyes. He was stunned I did that, and he almost through up. It reminds me of the begining of the newer movie "Lawless" ( movie about moonshining) where the three brothers are outside in the pig pen and the younger brother wont shot the pig so the older one grabs the gun and does it for him. I am not sure what the moralof this story is or how it even ties into this stoty but someone might figure it out.

I was in the Marines and maybe they hardened me up.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
good point..........uh,damn wish I had something better to say.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, I love this guy. True blooded American. I have a theory that kids need to shoot something that is alive. By this I mean go hunting, they will learn what really happens once something is shot and they will learn what kind of damage really happens.

This might sound weird or psychotic but I raised a few pigs a couple years ago and it was hard to feed all 5 of them so I asked my friend if he would help me kill and butcher one. He had only killed birds hunting, I figured he could take care of the pig and we would butcher him. Well he came over and he froze and kept asking me if I really wanted to do this. After a few minutes of him asking me this over and over I grabbed my 1911 and shot the pig right between the eyes. He was stunned I did that, and he almost through up. It reminds me of the begining of the newer movie "Lawless" ( movie about moonshining) where the three brothers are outside in the pig pen and the younger brother wont shot the pig so the older one grabs the gun and does it for him. I am not sure what the moralof this story is or how it even ties into this stoty but someone might figure it out.

I have golfed less then a dozen times in my life. Somewhere in the middle of this experience I pulled up to a par three 150 yard hole with a pitching wedge. I have no skill at golf, none, zero, zip, nada. I do have strength and athleticism; hence, the pitching wedge, it is the only club I can hit. I drove the ball straight, two feet off the ground, and at about 120yards I hit a squirrel. Tiger Woods couldn't of hit that squirrel the way I did with a 1000 shots. When I walked up to the poor animal its head was crushed and it was seizing. I calmly raised my pitching wedge and decapitated it, put it out of its misery. I was in a foursome, the other three turned and vomitted. They looked at me and said, "How could you do that?" I brushed the tear from eye and said, "An act of mercy? I would do that every day if I had to."

Crispin

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a Hamster once he got sick, I took him outside and put him on a log and yelled "Run" he didn't so I blew him away with a 12 Gage . Just thought I'd give him a fair chance. I didn't puke:laughing7:

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

First ty OP!!! Truly an American! Second I agree with this post I have been raised and have raised my boys to respect life. I will never forget my oldest sons first Deer he killed and we tracked it for a few 100 yards. When we finally found it I jumped for joy and turned to hug my son when I realized he was tearing up! That's when I knew I had raised a man. He appreciated what life he had just taken!! Nufff said as tears now run down my checks !!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I trapped a poor little baby mouse one time, by the one hind leg. Poor little thing was yelling, hurt from brken leg, I tryed not to juuggle the trap and him too much, as to cause more pain, as I slowly walked it over to the concrete. Waiting was that big cinder block, that came down fast and swift. Bunny and opossums heads don't do as well with small hammers, I so hate to have to repeat a blow.

And them large green and brown ugly lizards in S Fl, their skins is like trying to cut buffalo hide with a butter knife!
Memo to self, get machete blades sharpened. :laughing7: ( I so dislike them lizards, eat crops, baby birds, etc.....)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions