spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
other cultures visiting to acquire it is intriguing.

I always had an interest in all facets of history and foreign cultures and over the years I have learned one thing that I can pass along to all.

I support bacteria, it's the only culture some people will have :headbang:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I always had an interest in all facets of history and foreign cultures and over the years I have learned one thing that I can pass along to all.

I support bacteria, it's the only culture some people will have :headbang:

I quit dating a girl who was a biologist because she kept trying to introduce me to other cultures! A certain young lady,miss Petri.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I,m s.e. of lake superior copper country. (Its in michigans upper peninsula) Keewenaw peninsula and isle royal the sites of copper mining going back a couple thousandsears plus. 500,000 tons alleged to have come out . Tools left and techniques have created speculation.
The s.w. U.S.has seen interest along the old rivers yes. more than just the mississippi!.

In Northeast Louisiana there is a curiosity called "Poverty Point" - a Native American culture thrived there about the same time as Moses was supposed to have been in Egypt (around 1500 B.C.).

Copper trinkets have been found there which were consistent with coming from Michigan.

Dang big owl there too. You can only recognize that it is an owl from the air. I stood on top, even that old, is still 75 feet high. Was a trading center before it was suddenly abandoned.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome. For the works left behind humans were well beyond basic survival and scattered small groups. Trade net works too, well established before euro colonization. Info slow to surface, if all of old cultures here were exposed many today would be amazed. Kids like dinosaurs maybe cause adults don,t have all the answers. I like traces of a younger sky maybe for a similar reason.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
releventchair said:
I quit dating a girl who was a biologist because she kept trying to introduce me to other cultures! A certain young lady,miss Petri.

I hear she is quite a dish'

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry lordden,
Being quite near copper country where vast quantities left for where ?.other cultures visiting to acquire it is intriguing. Rivers a couple thousand years ago could have been utilized as well. With your back ground have you encountered any proof of Phoenicians on east coast or is it just rumor?

Rel have you been to those islands? at about 600 ft level you'll find ancient boat docks carved out of the stone (Some say that was the level of lake Superior) The mines are just above this. Now it's hard to tell where copper originates except for the gold content associated with it. Knowing that you can determine where it came from. fact is this type of copper has been found thru out the world. Could the Phoenicians have been here 13thousand years before Columbus it depends who you believe.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Have not been in that area. Tempting but i,d get in trouble! Float copper exists around,some areas up there have silver too. Have heard firsthand accounts and read and watch alot on it. Would be a neat spot to tour. Too bad so many tons of hammers were discarded and modern mining followed the works of old(due to their knowing where copper was to be found and worked it) but there are still glimpses. Its unique traits being traceable help i.d. it over the water ways to other countries indeed as well as the Americas. what little has been accounted for here and the cache areas discovered over a easterly route from source suggest at least a east coast pre Columbus market. But the shear volume theory suggests over seas market(s).
From the evidence suggesting how copper was extracted and 500,000 est. Lbs extracted. With the climate allowing seasonal work and no evidence of habitation,(one tentative site with charcoal in pits) it would have taken a very long time.

Last edited:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone seeking Information on Dutchess cty area of NY ---- War of Northern Agression Georgia - Georgia Gold Rush , Please feel free to post ------ I have worked all three ----- also some NH

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok. So what side of the states did man occupy first? East of west. & what is the current theory on the vikings arriving long before Columbus?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread