minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
One Representatives Response to Bevo's Girlfriends Email

Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM
3:13 PM

Message starred
from [email protected] to you
[h=3]From the Office of Senator Cantwell[/h]Show Details

Dear Ms. Schmoe,

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on gun ownership and violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As you know, on January 16, 2013, President Obama announced a series of legislative proposals and executive actions intended to reduce gun violence. I applaud the President's efforts to close gun purchase loopholes and to create new tools for further background checks.

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) introduced a bill to regulate assault weapons (S. 150) on January 24, 2013. The proposed legislation bans certain military-style, semi-automatic weapons, and makes it illegal to produce, import, or sell magazines with capacity over ten rounds. The bill has been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, where it is currently awaiting further debate and review.

In the past, I supported the original Assault Weapons Ban and the Brady Bill, as well as the Youth Handgun Safety Act of 1993, which prohibits juveniles from possessing or receiving handguns. I look forward to work with my colleagues in the Senate to strengthen responsible legislation to rein in gun violence. We need to work to close the loopholes in existing laws that allow criminals and children to gain access to firearms contrary to the law's intention. One example is the well-known "gun-show loophole" which allows people to purchase firearms at gun-shows without undergoing the background check required when guns are bought from licensed dealers. Lastly, I believe we must support increased gun-safety and gun-use education.

I support the Second Amendment and the rights of law-abiding Washingtonians who own guns. I also remain focused on addressing the deeply troubling violence in this country and making our state and our country as safe as possible for all people, including our most vulnerable citizens, our children. I believe both of these goals are important and can be simultaneously accomplished through common-sense gun laws and stricter enforcement of existing laws.
Along with addressing gun violence, making services for the mentally ill and their families more accessible will encourage those suffering from mental illness to seek needed care and support. Mental health care is a critical component of our healthcare system and an individual's overall health status. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, approximately one in 17 Americans suffers from a seriously debilitating mental illness. I care deeply about mental health care and understand the important role behavioral health services play in the lives of both those who suffer from mental illness and their family and loved ones.

Thank you again for contacting me to share your thoughts on this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

For future correspondence with my office, please visit my website at
E-Mail Maria - Contact - Senator Maria Cantwell

WE DIDN'T VOTE FOR HER.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
I encourage everyone to contact her,if you're from Washington or not!

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is 1000% in line with her boss and all the others. Pointless trying to sway her to act any different. If they open their mouth, they are lying. Only took Inslee 24 hrs in office to start working on raising any tax he possibly can that he campaigned on saying he wouldn't.

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Tell her.and i'll tell your's.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
We need to work to close the loopholes in existing laws that allow criminals and children to gain access to firearms contrary to the law's intention.

This part is so ignorant that its pathetic.When will they realize that laws do not prevent criminals from getting guns:sign10:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question.. Didn't you write your own letter :icon_scratch: , why show anyone else that would be writing :dontknow:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
This part is so ignorant that its pathetic.When will they realize that laws do not prevent criminals from getting guns:sign10:

Exactly right. Why do we have all these stupid murder laws when they clearly do nothing to prevent criminals from committing murder? These laws just put law abiding citizens defending themselves against scum in jail. If murder laws worked then we wouldn't have any murders in this country. Like I need the gooberment to tell me that murder is wrong. And the criminal don't care either way. Just another stupid useless law.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Instead of murder laws working,how about murder punishment working.You can have all the laws you want,if the punishment for murder isnt severe do you think somebody is going to be afraid of breaking that law?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
Instead of murder laws working,how about murder punishment working.You can have all the laws you want,if the punishment for murder isnt severe do you think somebody is going to be afraid of breaking that law?

Punishment isn't working either - whether it be the death penalty or life in prison etc. considering most criminals are repeat offenders it's obvious out laws are not preventing a single crime and are only restricting the rights of the law abiding. This country would obviously just be a lot better off if we did not have any laws. Criminals are just going to break them anyways and no one cares about the so called punishment - your exact right.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Punishment isn't working either - whether it be the death penalty or life in prison etc. considering most criminals are repeat offenders it's obvious out laws are not preventing a single crime and are only restricting the rights of the law abiding. This country would obviously just be a lot better off if we did not have any laws. Criminals are just going to break them anyways and no one cares about the so called punishment - your exact right.

Theres repeat offenders after getting sentenced to life or death penalty executed.How did they manage that?Robbery,B and E is one thing,murder is a different story.Death penalty there are no repeat offenders.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:
Theres repeat offenders after getting sentenced to life or death penalty executed.How did they manage that?Robbery,B and E is one thing,murder is a different story.Death penalty there are no repeat offenders.

How many death penalty cases actually end up with the death penalty?? Most of these guys just die of old age with all the appeals, etc. your from mass - how many hundreds of scum bags just got released because of that crime lab debacle. You know how liberal the judges are in this state who is really getting punished for their crimes.

And by the way Mass is the state where my tax dollars are paying for a criminals sex change operation. Yes all you out of towners heard right. And this was upheld by a Massachusetts court!!!!! And you talk about law, justice and the court system for justice!!!! Are you kidding me. Red your living it in MA, you should know better!!

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red James cash said:

I'm a fan of getting Old Testament on people's :censored:. My god is a vengeful god!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats why i talked about punishments instead of laws.Criminals are treated better than their victims,time to fix it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put the thread back on 2nd amendment or it gets locked...........

OP
OP
bevo

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Fri, 3:13 PM

Message starred
[h=3]From the Office of Senator Cantwell[/h]Show Details

[h=3]This message contains blocked images.[/h]0000Show ImagesOptions
http://cantwell.senate.gov/
And here is mine
Dear Mr. Baker,

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on gun ownership and violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As you know, on January 16, 2013, President Obama announced a series of legislative proposals and executive actions intended to reduce gun violence. I applaud the President's efforts to close gun purchase loopholes and to create new tools for further background checks.

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) introduced a bill to regulate assault weapons (S. 150) on January 24, 2013. The proposed legislation bans certain military-style, semi-automatic weapons, and makes it illegal to produce, import, or sell magazines with capacity over ten rounds. The bill has been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, where it is currently awaiting further debate and review.

In the past, I supported the original Assault Weapons Ban and the Brady Bill, as well as the Youth Handgun Safety Act of 1993, which prohibits juveniles from possessing or receiving handguns. I look forward to work with my colleagues in the Senate to strengthen responsible legislation to rein in gun violence. We need to work to close the loopholes in existing laws that allow criminals and children to gain access to firearms contrary to the law's intention. One example is the well-known "gun-show loophole" which allows people to purchase firearms at gun-shows without undergoing the background check required when guns are bought from licensed dealers. Lastly, I believe we must support increased gun-safety and gun-use education.

I support the Second Amendment and the rights of law-abiding Washingtonians who own guns. I also remain focused on addressing the deeply troubling violence in this country and making our state and our country as safe as possible for all people, including our most vulnerable citizens, our children. I believe both of these goals are important and can be simultaneously accomplished through common-sense gun laws and stricter enforcement of existing laws.
Along with addressing gun violence, making services for the mentally ill and their families more accessible will encourage those suffering from mental illness to seek needed care and support. Mental health care is a critical component of our healthcare system and an individual's overall health status. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, approximately one in 17 Americans suffers from a seriously debilitating mental illness. I care deeply about mental health care and understand the important role behavioral health services play in the lives of both those who suffer from mental illness and their family and loved ones.

Thank you again for contacting me to share your thoughts on this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

http://cantwell.senate.gov/contact/

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fri, 3:13 PM

Message starred
From the Office of Senator Cantwell

Show Details

This message contains blocked images.

0000Show ImagesOptions

And here is mine
Dear Mr. Baker,

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

E-Mail Maria - Contact - Senator Maria Cantwell

Who counted them?

Back to the 2nd. Do these goof's really think these shooters ( not the mass kind. Chicago for instance) have any idea about the 2nd. Who took these teaching's out of school? Are they calling all the shooters in the big cities Mental cases?

Just read the other day some state is suggesting taking civics out of their school curriculum. Is this a long term goal to really dumb down a entire generation to the fact that the Constitution never existed? Therefor your rights are what we tell you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread