pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anybody on here watched this show.. I don't know what to make of these people.. I always say that anything is possible and am not totally closed to the fact that this so called "Bogfoot" could or may exist.. But these people on this show make me wonder.. They are probably making a fortune of off this show and they seem to me to be a little out there to me.. Not cutting them down but me and my wife were flipping through the channels and came across this show and decided to watch it.. For one hour of my life I watched grown men and one woman wonder around the woods and scream or howl whatever you choose to call it and hit trees with sticks.. This was how thet say they communicate with this animal.. How do you communicate with and animal you know nothing about.. I understand that they say other primates do this but it just stikes me as odd is all.. I'm not saying that the people who say they saw something are liars or uncredible.. By no means do I wish to offend anybody.. I just wonder how you get funding for a show to look for an animal that is considered a myth or legend.. If this thread has been posted before I apologize in advance.. Just wondering what some other peoples opinions on this subject are...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Has anybody on here watched this show.. I don't know what to make of these people.. I always say that anything is possible and am not totally closed to the fact that this so called "Bogfoot" could or may exist.. But these people on this show make me wonder.. They are probably making a fortune of off this show and they seem to me to be a little out there to me.. Not cutting them down but me and my wife were flipping through the channels and came across this show and decided to watch it.. For one hour of my life I watched grown men and one woman wonder around the woods and scream or howl whatever you choose to call it and hit trees with sticks.. This was how thet say they communicate with this animal.. How do you communicate with and animal you know nothing about.. I understand that they say other primates do this but it just stikes me as odd is all.. I'm not saying that the people who say they saw something are liars or uncredible.. By no means do I wish to offend anybody.. I just wonder how you get funding for a show to look for an animal that is considered a myth or legend.. If this thread has been posted before I apologize in advance.. Just wondering what some other peoples opinions on this subject are...

Missing "link" between ape & Man...? ???

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Some years back when we had a cable package allowing more viewing a similar show was on. People running around the woods at night like idiots. claims of a big foot throwing rocks their direction. We still discover un known creatures ,waiting for solid evidence on big foot. No road hit or physical evidence seen by me yet. Eventually all animals leave sign,bears and primates included. Partial bear tracks look alot like a bare foot human to me. A bear in the half lite has looked like more than one thing to me,including a big foot and were wolf! At any rate,a creature that has eluded contact so long is not likely to fall for the shenanigans i saw on t.v. trying to communicate. I know i would be avoiding them.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure if I ever saw the show, but seems to me
walking around the woods and screaming and howling
and hitting trees with sticks, would only guarantee you don't see anything.

ask hunters :tongue3:

the ony ones who do this are the Drivers during deer Drives.

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When hunters want to catch a fast or elusive creature/animal , they use dogs . Never have I seen anyone use dogs to persue this Urban Legend . Ever wonder why ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When hunters want to catch a fast or elusive creature/animal , they use dogs . Never have I seen anyone use dogs to persue this Urban Legend . Ever wonder why ?

I "think" in order to use dogs properly you need a scent but :dontknow:

I've had allot of Hunters in the family & friends,
but non that used dogs.

but it's obvious Bigfoot hunters are apparently anti hunting,
as they have no Idea how it's done :tongue3:

OP
OP
pong12211

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I "think" in order to use dogs properly you need a scent but :dontknow:

I've had allot of Hunters in the family & friends,
but non that used dogs.

but it's obvious Bigfoot hunters are apparently anti hunting,
as they have no Idea how it's done :tongue3:
I agree with you Jeff. If he was hiding up here in Pa. where i'm from we would drive him out just like a deer.. There would be no hiding that's for sure...

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
ssshhhh! did you hear that? gettin pretty squatchy around hear.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that the reason they haven't found him as of yet :find: is due to the fact he is probably sitting out in the Camin Islands, or maybe even touring the world outside of the U.S. from doing all his Jack Link's commercials! Heck if I was making that kind of money for a commercial, I would leave the U.S. and stay in hiding until the next commercial needed to be made! :laughing7:

Popularity tends to force people into hiding!!! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think there is an undiscovered mammal that large, however I would hate to miss an episode just in case that's the one they find him :tongue3:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But was the squatch born a patriot and is he entitled to his second amendment rights?

Useless Eater

Greenie
Mar 12, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only plausible explanation for Bigfoots is that they are extraterrestrial biologists studying our planet's intact ecosystems and abiding by some self imposed or inter galactic law of none intervention with pre warp drive civilizations

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, I'm not defending the show, which is on Sunday nights at 10E/9C. Matt Moneymaker, not his real name, started the BFRO years back and they have a website. Somehow he got a network to sponsor and produce the program. Do they exist? I have no idea, but there are folks that swear they do. The word is that dogs refuse to track them and just cower or hide. Don't know. There is another website called Bigfoot Encounters. It's run by a nurse and her friends. If you go to their site and then click on Stories, sightings and so on, then go down to Texas Bexar County 1973, you can read my report. You can forget about teasing me cause I don't care. I don't know what we saw. I have seen bears(chased two cubs into the woods at Yosemite and mama was standing there on her hind legs. Scared the crap out of me and my buddy, but trust me, I know what a big, big, bear looks like). Does Bigfoot exist? True? Not true? It was an incredible adventure and one less thing I needed, but it sure makes you alive. Am I brave? I left my apt., went back to my parent's house, went upstairs to my old room and slept there for the next 6 months with a light on. Of my friends: 1 got sent to a shrink by mom, 1 refused to leave the house at all for a month, 1 had a minor nervous breakdown and one has the shakes to this day, or so he says. Me, I haven't been back in the woods anywhere, alone or with friends. What did we see? Who knows. Am I a believer? Not really, I hate the word Squatch, think the show is stupid and wouldn't spend a minute going out looking for something like that. Still, it beats Boom Baby and a bunch of other crap on TV...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to joke about Bigfoot. especially when there are local reports here.
was one just recently again. My main amusement is at the expense of the Bigfoot hunters
who howel :tongue3:

But do I believe they could exist ? Yes . I believe anything is possible.
The earth is Large, & people aren't

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I have never seen one, but I have a good friend who has and he gets torn up even talking about it. Seems it has had a profound effect on him, so Yes, if he believes he saw one, I guess I would say there is one, maybe many. I know that many stories were told in Africa about a large ape, but until the 1970's no one knew there was a mountain gorilla in Africa. So, yes, a large primate could hide in the many national forests that exists throughout the west and midwest, especially. In the everglades there is a legend of a smaller primate they call a skunk ape. The everglades is mainly a large unexplored combination of swamp and with small plots of land. Mostly choked with vegetation, so anything might exist in a place like that. I don't know how I would react if I encountered one while hunting or fishing or metal detecting, but I know I wouldn't chase after it. Good Luck. rockhound

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread