The Seven Daughters of Eve - a link to genetic degredation?

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you havn't heard about the genetic link between all european decendents from 7 - now 8 - women

here is the article on wikipedia

My thought for the day is this, how many of our genetic disorders, predispositions, cancers, and Late Onset Complex Disease - are due to inbreeding within the human population? What if aging and genetic cellular degradation itself is a late onset genetic disorder/complex disease? People are living longer now, but what if thousands of years ago we lived much longer and were much smarter? (but had limited or no means of production, or an entirely different [enlightened?] view on necessity)

just something i was pondering as i was traversing the treasure net.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tlowery04 said:
If you havn't heard about the genetic link between all european decendents from 7 - now 8 - women

here is the article on wikipedia

My thought for the day is this, how many of our genetic disorders, predispositions, cancers, and Late Onset Complex Disease - are due to inbreeding within the human population? What if aging and genetic cellular degradation itself is a late onset genetic disorder/complex disease? People are living longer now, but what if thousands of years ago we lived much longer and were much smarter? (but had limited or no means of production, or an entirely different [enlightened?] view on necessity)

just something i was pondering as i was traversing the treasure net.

Would be nice, but people lived miserable short lives until scientific and medical advancements greatly extended our life expectancy. It's actually pretty accurate to figure out the age of skeletal remains etc so we know life span was extremely limited. Best.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And according to one, life span was 1000 yrs, at one time, until cut short but 900 years, (because of downfalleness? be that what it may).
I will revu your links tlowery04, thanks for them. I too, ponder these things sometime.
Yes stockpicker, you too are correct. Even today, in certain countries, life expectancy is not a very high number.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a note - many literalists point to the age quoted in the bible for some of the old patriarchs. Of course these ages are not meant to be taken literally. Many of the ages contain hidden messages based upon numerological values and codes. Just as its well know that 666 has the numerological value of Nero. It's actually fascinating study for those interested in such things.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is also the number of "man" ie. carbon based life form.
Check your periobal table of elements for carbon.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought there was a program that stated we all came from one or two groups somewhere. BNA findings, not religion...

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
austin said:
Thought there was a program that stated we all came from one or two groups somewhere. BNA findings, not religion...

Sure, mytocondrial DNA traces it all back to a very finite population. The eve gene I think they call it.

OP
OP
tlowery04

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makes you wonder also about all those clan and feudal wars where they "wiped their name" from the face of the earth. Obviously there is a natural rate of attrition for genetic lines, but considering how few there were to begin with, how interesting is it to imagine that some where in history an entire branch of humanity was wiped out?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read a theory about inherent genetic disorders in humans, it stated that the genetic problems we have were caused by genetic splicing when we were created. It went on to say that it could have been on purpose.

The animal kingdom is almost free from genetic problems.:dontknow:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what I've wondered about is that after all this time have we hit the pinacle of human development? Heck with the DNA sequences. How much knowlege have we lost in the burning of all the libraries in the mid east and during the dark ages.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
As I see it the age of human longevity has peaked in those born the 1930's-40's. It appears people after that time are dying sooner. Just my observation of the recent passing's. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
tlowery04

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say you are right Frank, There are studies out now, speaking solely on longevity, the predict my generation, being those born 1980 to 2000, will be the first in recent history to be less educated, have more late onset complex health issues, be of a higher percentage of obesity heart disease and diabetes, and live relatively shorter lives on average (predicted to be about average age 64 instead of current mean of 76 for those born 1960 to 1980). I forget where I read those numbers, I'll see if I can find them somewhere in my bookmarks.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am beginning to develop a theory in my head that perhaps, just perhaps, we are killing off a lot of the good bacteria that have done us good in the past. When I was young it was customary to take a bath every weekend. Now a days some take one every day, In my younger days, you washed your face and hands every morning and when they got dirty. They didn't have sanitary lotions everywhere. A bar of soap lasted a heck of a lot longer back then. I think we are cleaning our life away. Just my theory. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread