Cost of Antidepressants

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Ill let crisp give the specific herbs, etc they used but what I can tell you for a definite fact was that life expectancy was terribly low in the "good old days". The Native Americans were almost completely wiped out by sickness and disease. Go to any colonial graveyard and look at all the dead children, mothers from birth, etc, etc. we dropped like flies from illnesses that we consider trivial now a days. Thank god above for modern medicine and modern medical practitioners. If not for them you could be dying right now from "consumption" or the flu and on the table being bled to put your humours back in balance. The good old days were definitely not better. Just my 2 cents - best.

Native ppl knew this, and emphasized QUALITY of LIFE over QUANTITY of Life.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just pay $11.00 a year for my antidepressant :laughing7: It works too :tongue3:

I know, you're just dying to know what I'm talking about. If your good, maybe I'll share this golden secret :icon_thumright:

P.S. I'm no doctor, but I would prescribe this for many. And yes, I can legally dispense this info :icon_thumright:

Yearly Rabies Vaccine? You getting a good price on that. My puppy's is fifty bucks a year.

Crisp
:laughing9: LOL! That was funny! :laughing7:
Crispin, I beleive you do good works and many are helped because of your intervention, care, and concern. I do have a problem with "pop a pill" for every emotion one has. The same as when one gets a cold, one may take a course of antibiotics, but, they don't take them for the rest of their lives.

There is/was a lot of wisdom to my moms saying; "You just better learn to get a grip on". My parents were firm beleivers in "mind over matter", (Not the, if you don't mind, it don't matter way). They knew how to interact and instruct one, in the workings of the mind, so that one is able to recognize problems as the arise and deal with them effectivly.
Two sayings come to mind; To conquer ones self is greater, than if one was to conquer many worlds.
A problem cannot be corrected with the same mind that created it. I'm sure I butchered and paraphrased there, oh well, I hope you get my point. Our nation has no curriculum for how to manage ones own mind.
Maybe we should.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing9: LOL! That was funny! :laughing7:
Crispin, I beleive you do good works and many are helped because of your intervention, care, and concern. I do have a problem with "pop a pill" for every emotion one has. The same as when one gets a cold, one may take a course of antibiotics, but, they don't take them for the rest of their lives.

There is/was a lot of wisdom to my moms saying; "You just better learn to get a grip on". My parents were firm beleivers in "mind over matter", (Not the, if you don't mind, it don't matter way). They knew how to interact and instruct one, in the workings of the mind, so that one is able to recognize problems as the arise and deal with them effectivly.
Two sayings come to mind; To conquer ones self is greater, than if one was to conquer many worlds.
A problem cannot be corrected with the same mind that created it. I'm sure I butchered and paraphrased there, oh well, I hope you get my point. Our nation has no curriculum for how to manage ones own mind.
Maybe we should.

I couldn't agree with you more. I spend half my time trying to convince people they do not need a medication and the other half trying to destigmatize and assure them one is needed. If only I could synchronize the halves...sigh...life would be so much easier. ;)

Crispin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread