dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey everyone, I am getting more and more frustrated everyday with my Bosh front load washer. I have leveled it, put it on a set of silent feet isolation pads and installed extra bridging under the floor (installed on second floor). Has anyone else had this problem with a front loader? If so how did you correct it? I am about ready to put it on craigslist and go get a different brand washer. Lowes is recommending a Samsung model for second floors.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hey everyone, I am getting more and more frustrated everyday with my Bosh front load washer. I have leveled it, put it on a set of silent feet isolation pads and installed extra bridging under the floor (installed on second floor). Has anyone else had this problem with a front loader? If so how did you correct it? I am about ready to put it on craigslist and go get a different brand washer. Lowes is recommending a Samsung model for second floors.

DUNNO, BUT! There IS a WONDERFUL song, FRONT-LOADER by Rutland Weekend (aka The Rutles) that I boogie to. www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rutles

Last edited:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They balance a Different way!!! If its moving or vibrating You May Need to have it looked At Also Make sure they are Secured to the Wall with straps They walk!!! I Have one at work it is a pain!!! Not on a second floor!!!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
If it walks tack a heavy piece of carpeting to the floor and put the machine on it,that may work.Mines a top loader in the basement.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is common with front loaders. The top loaders go round and round, so when they are out of balance the virbation is lateral. On a front loader the spin causes an up and down bounce that vibrates everything. It is almost impossible for a load to be so balanced that there is no vibration. The one I had allowed you to set the spin speed and slowing it down sometimes helped.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The machine is not walking, but rather shaking the entire upstairs of my house. I am concerned over time it will cause structural problems. Grizzly, I can see what your saying about vertical forces and this is exactly what I am encountering. I have even thought of building a platform with supports running at 90 degree angles to the floor joists to spread the load out some more.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
At the bottom of the washer SHOULD be some "pegs" you can adjust by rotating 'em according to "balance need"; it is what I did once. Metal wedges may also help.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I tried adjusting the legs, made sure they all had equal weight on them as rebel suggested.....no luck.....I think I am going to try the samsung vrt model. It is supposed to be very smooth and self balancing. I hate buying things twice:BangHead:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I go down to the river once a week and pound clothes on the rocks,just have to watch for the occasional "sewer trout" swimming by though. GodBless Chris

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
they can be finicky (?) you have to use the HE detergent, & you have to make sure you empty the drain at the bottom at least once a mth. I do mine weekly. mine is in the basement but if it were upstairs it would probably shake my old house off the foundation. We have it leveled, but - - - I would have someone look at it.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diesel,

Dude you must be giving that machine bad vibes.....time to change your karma....lol.

greengold

Aug 9, 2012
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV...saving my clad for a Tesoro SandShark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Samsung front loader and i cant say enough good things about it. It never "walks" and is the best machine i have ever used. Then again mine is on the main floor, hardwoods, of a new home that i built. So, i cant say much for second floor installation and not knowing your house it still might be a problem.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the fast and simple answer to clean clothes.

Mail Order Brides,Hot Russian Brides, Mail order Brides for Relationships, Dating and Marriage, Girls, Women, Ladies and Fun -

It can however cause some severe side effects...

Should have put the ex up for sale on the site long ago.

RE: walking frontloader

I have an old whirlpool that started vibrating. It is suspended/resting through 4 small shock absorbers and springs. Replaced the broken shock and it has 0 vibration again.

V

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I have a Samsung front loader and i cant say enough good things about it. It never "walks" and is the best machine i have ever used. Then again mine is on the main floor, hardwoods, of a new home that i built. So, i cant say much for second floor installation and not knowing your house it still might be a problem.

Which samsung do you have? I think I am going to go get a new samsung tonight. The one I am looking at is blue with a steam wash option ...says it has vrt. They tell me it is self balancing with counter weights.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread