Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Rev. Jesse Jackson Says Gun Supporters Are Domestic Terrorists

February 3, 2013

During an interview with the Wall Street Journal posted on January 30, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said “anti-government people” espousing what amounts to a “Confederate ideology” will engage in terrorist activities unless the government enacts draconian laws restricting the possession of firearms.

Jackson said the Second Amendment provides these domestic terrorists with the ability to “do something about how they feel” in their effort to “fight the government.”

The phrase “Confederate ideology” is shorthand for a political philosophy that stresses states’ rights (including nullification) and adherence to the Constitution.

New York Rep. Charlie Rangel said in January that Southern culture – a specific reference to gun culture prevalent in the South – is something that Democrats must work to overcome. “New York is a little different and more progressive in a lot of areas than some other states and some of the southern areas have cultures that we have to overcome,” Rangel told MSNBC.

Jackson, a former Democrat presidential contender and the founder of the Rainbow Coalition, said in August that the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle is the preferred weapon “for domestic, homegrown terrorism.”

The Southern Poverty Law Center has also linked Second Amendment activists to terrorists. The organization argues the “radical right” is exploiting the gun rights issue to push a white supremacist political ideology. The SPLC has worked closely with the Department of Homeland Security. In 2009, a leaked DHS document revealed the agency’s obsession with “Rightwing Extremists.”

In early December, sports columnist Jason Whitlock likened the NRA to the Ku Klux Klan, the racist organization established during Reconstruction by former Confederate soldiers.

“You know, I did not go as far as I’d like to go because my thoughts on the NRA and America’s gun culture — I believe the NRA is the new KKK,” Whitlock told CNN’s Roland Martin.

Whitlock’s comments inspired a widely-covered Bob Costas’ anti-Second Amendment halftime screed during a Dallas Cowboys-Philadelphia Eagles game broadcast live on NBC television.

Jackson’s comments underscore an ongoing effort by Democrats and other so-called progressives to characterize Second Amendment activists as domestic terrorists.

Jackson Calls for DHS on Streets of Chicago

Jackson has also called for the federal government to put the Department of Homeland Security on the streets on Chicago, according to Reuters.

He made the comment prior to a march on the city’s violence-wracked South Side. Jackson said Chicago mayor Rahmn Emanuel and city police are unable to address the problem and the federal government needs to intervene.

Chicago had 500 homicides in 2012 and more than 40 so far this year. The Obama administration and the establishment media exploited the murder of Hadiya Pendleton in Chicago after the 15-year-old girl performed at an event celebrating the inauguration of Obama last month.

“The details of her death shook Chicago and gave fuel to gun-control advocates in the running debate over firearms,” the New York Times reported last week. Jay Carney, Obama’s press secretary, said the tragedy is “another example of the problem that we need to deal with.”

Jackson did not elaborate on his comment demanding the Department of Homeland Security patrol the streets of Chicago.

“Rev. Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. and Rainbow PUSH Coalition call for immediate Federal Intervention and Homeland Security in Chicago as January homicide totals exceeded 45,” a press release issued on Friday by Rainbow PUSH states. “Reverend Jesse Jackson reaffirms that gun control reform is critical and the ban on assault weapons paramount.”

The Department of Homeland Security is a cabinet-level department of the federal government. It was allegedly established in response to the September 11, 2001, attacks and describes its mission as protecting the United States from terrorist attacks, man-made accidents, and natural disasters. It was not originally mandated to work with local police.

The 2005 USA Patriot Improvement and Reauthorization Act passed by Congress, however, established a “permanent police force” subject to the “supervision of the Secretary of Homeland Security.” According to the legislation, this new federal police force is empowered to “make arrests without warrant for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing such felony.”

“The language conveys enormous discretionary and arbitrary powers,” former Reagan Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, Paul Craig Roberts, wrote in 2006. “Like every law in the US, this law also will be expansively interpreted and abused… Who is going to hold accountable a federal police protected by Homeland Security and the president?”

The Obama administration has yet to respond to Jackson’s demand. However, as gang-related violence in Obama’s hometown and elsewhere continues to claim lives and dominate headlines, it is entirely possible the federal government may directly intervene in Chicago as part of its effort to attack the Second Amendment and further meddle in local law enforcement duties under the hysterical cover of putting an end to “gun violence.”

Last edited by a moderator:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
He was standing next to Dr. King when King was murdered. Pretty good chance he's right...

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
How many of us are completely fed up with these thugs? How any body ever took this guy
for more than any thing but a pathetic shadow of a man is beyond me.
If Martin King were alive, I doubt he and his former friend would have much in common
anymore.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say if you saw him on WHEEL OF FORTUNE and he said I'd like to buy a vowel he'd say" Give me a K"

I Think the 601's would be a better choice in Chicago.

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
This bozo has never had a real job. He knocked up a worker in his Org. and paid her off and set her up in CA with a new house and money. The cash came from Rainbow/PUSH and he was indicted for misuse of funds. A local IL judge said he was not guilty of anything. How convenient. He has been, is and always will be a race baiting poverty pimp. Either this "reporter" is part of Rainbow/PUSH or it was a REAL slow news day for this dim wit to get published.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it that the bl--- community in this country can bash wh--- people? Why can they say, write, publish material that if a wh--- person said, wrote, published the exact same material they would be charged with a felony hate crime???? It is time that we stand up for our rights!!!! As for the so called Reverend Jesse Jackson, he is the biggest trouble maker that is breathing this Country's free air!!!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Rev. Jackson is nothing more than a racist. Unfortunately the obama administration is perfectly aligned with him. Remember obama 's preacher? Oops, they will be calling me racist now!

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
obummer and jackson is the best of the communist community at present. before them mlk held a communist card.
they all like and follow hitlers lead to take our guns. is'nt it quite funny how they have such a fear of a few rednecks?
all they can come up with is kkk, take the guns from the southern folks. that shows clearly the size of the brain.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, so? Who cares?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone that says NRA is equal to KKK doesn't have clue and are just trying to use race as an issue where it has absolutely nothing to do with race. I have black friends that are NRA members.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
who cares? that is a major problem, with America, so few seem to actually care.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
who cares? that is a major problem, with America, so few seem to actually care.

If people quit paying attention to him, perhaps he would finally dry up and go away.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
Problems do not go away by ignoring them.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's nothing but a professional whiner and racist. He started playing the black card as early as college. Said he wasn't allowed to be the quarterback because he was black. Been whinning ever since.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wonder if he has any other underlying issues? :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions