Who reads these threads?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Who reads these threads?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1056 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Who reads these threads?

Hopefully, some will read this before it perhaps gets relocated to a different section. It may sound funny, but it is a serious matter.

Who reads these threads

Well, we know that many members of course read these threads, but there are many more non-members reading them, and they most likely outnumber the actual members here.

My point

Well there was a thread in the section about not being able to buy ammo, and today I also notice a post in the General Discussion section discussing the same issue. I know somewhere along the line, I made a comment on one of the gun threads to the effect of, and I'm paraphrasing

What if they allowed you to have any gun you wanted, but couldn't get bullets?

Did someone from an outside dimension read my post and take action

Like I've said in the past, what I write may sound funny, but I am serious

Jun 2007
    15089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus53 View Post
    Hopefully, some will read this before it perhaps gets relocated to a different section. It may sound funny, but it is a serious matter.

Who reads these threads

Well, we know that many members of course read these threads, but there are many more non-members reading them, and they most likely outnumber the actual members here.

My point

Well there was a thread in the section about not being able to buy ammo, and today I also notice a post in the General Discussion section discussing the same issue. I know somewhere along the line, I made a comment on one of the gun threads to the effect of, and I'm paraphrasing

What if they allowed you to have any gun you wanted, but couldn't get bullets?

Did someone from an outside dimension read my post and take action

Like I've said in the past, what I write may sound funny, but I am serious
    Do a POLL!

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
    2865 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Read what threads?

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
    —Moiraine Damodred

cue Rebel...take it away!
    bill from lachine likes this.

Jun 2007
    15089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Read what threads?

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
    —Moiraine Damodred

TAKE IT AWAY... a WONDERFUL song by Paul McCartney.
    http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tak...cCartney_song)
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Feb 05, 2013 at 10:17 AM.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1056 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    Do a POLL!
    Too bad non-members can't vote

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32837 times
    Ammo was hard to find for a month because of the talk on gun bans. I am able to find it myself again, price hasn't gone up, in fact just bought another 250 rounds to add to my cache.

I am not concerned about gov outlawing ammo, I personally feel very comfortable supreme court would view ammo same as weapons, our rights to keep and bear arms includes the tight to ammo..

Kinda like saying we have the right to free press, but all blank paper is illegal...
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Feb 05, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1056 times
    People still read newspapers Newspapers are dropping like flies, soon everything will be on the web

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32837 times
    Newspapers and magazines still being printed, get out of the office sometime....LOL
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    60662 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Spart,

To answer your original point.....on the Canuck forum we have at least as many visitors as registered members....some time in the evening the ratio will even go up to 3 maybe 4 to 1.

That said there's something called a spy bot which is basically an electronic spy program or robot.....if you will....it searches key words.....user names, etc....which allows people on the web to access the sites when doing a search.

We had a big discussion last year or maybe 2 years ago and some of the members were getting a bit paranoid about it...
    one of our research wizards to prove the point keyed in my user name and came up with a big whack of threads that I was involved in on different sites.....so pretty much everything out there becomes public domain to some extent or other.

Regards + HH

Bill

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1056 times
    I'll bet more people read this post than read a newspaper

Here are some interesting stats regarding defunct newspapers, and downed readership

SFN Blog - SFN report: More than 166 U.S. newspapers have closed or stopped printing since '08

Newspaper Death Watch

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1056 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill from lachine View Post
    so pretty much everything out there becomes public domain to some extent or other.
    Indeed I know that, as it was once explained to me by Prof. Felix Fossidittle a few years back

Jul 2012
    119 times
    TH---The two newspapers in my county of 280,000 population closed Jan 1. Now my "local" paper is the Washington Post 60 miles away. Needless to say we don't get a lot of local news. No radio station either. It folded a couple of years ago. No newspaper is raising problems for the local Courts and Attorneys to post their required legal notices. Not to mention the local merchants have no way to advertise their sales and goods. Tough sledding in this area and if the supposed March Government cuts take affect we stand to lose 60K jobs within a 60 mile radius of DC. My state is slated to lose 260,000K jobs over all. Mega employment will be lost down around the Norfolk area. Read somewhere 160 newspapers have folded recently.

Charter Member
    ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    60662 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Rebel,

I'm getting slow.....I missed my DJ cue....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Read what threads?

—Moiraine Damodred

Crispin likes this.

Jun 2007
    15089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Ammo was hard to find for a month because of the talk on gun bans. I am able to find it myself again, price hasn't gone up, in fact just bought another 250 rounds to add to my cache.

I am not concerned about gov outlawing ammo, I personally feel very comfortable supreme court would view ammo same as weapons, our rights to keep and bear arms includes the tight to ammo..

Kinda like saying we have the right to free press, but all blank paper is illegal...
    YOU have a bunker, too...?

Jun 2007
    15089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Newspapers and magazines still being printed, get out of the office sometime....LOL
    Heard that PLAYBOY LIVE! was AWESOME!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links