spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully, some will read this before it perhaps gets relocated to a different section. It may sound funny, but it is a serious matter.

Who reads these threads :dontknow:

Well, we know that many members of course read these threads, but there are many more non-members reading them, and they most likely outnumber the actual members here.

My point :icon_scratch:

Well there was a thread in the section about not being able to buy ammo, and today I also notice a post in the General Discussion section discussing the same issue. I know somewhere along the line, I made a comment on one of the gun threads to the effect of, and I'm paraphrasing

What if they allowed you to have any gun you wanted, but couldn't get bullets?

Did someone from an outside dimension read my post and take action :dontknow:

Like I've said in the past, what I write may sound funny, but I am serious

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hopefully, some will read this before it perhaps gets relocated to a different section. It may sound funny, but it is a serious matter.

Who reads these threads :dontknow:

Well, we know that many members of course read these threads, but there are many more non-members reading them, and they most likely outnumber the actual members here.

My point :icon_scratch:

Well there was a thread in the section about not being able to buy ammo, and today I also notice a post in the General Discussion section discussing the same issue. I know somewhere along the line, I made a comment on one of the gun threads to the effect of, and I'm paraphrasing

What if they allowed you to have any gun you wanted, but couldn't get bullets?

Did someone from an outside dimension read my post and take action :dontknow:

Like I've said in the past, what I write may sound funny, but I am serious

Do a POLL!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Read what threads?

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
—Moiraine Damodred

cue Rebel...take it away!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ammo was hard to find for a month because of the talk on gun bans. I am able to find it myself again, price hasn't gone up, in fact just bought another 250 rounds to add to my cache.

I am not concerned about gov outlawing ammo, I personally feel very comfortable supreme court would view ammo same as weapons, our rights to keep and bear arms includes the tight to ammo..

Kinda like saying we have the right to free press, but all blank paper is illegal...

Last edited:
OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People still read newspapers :icon_scratch: Newspapers are dropping like flies, soon everything will be on the web :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newspapers and magazines still being printed, get out of the office sometime....LOL

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spart,

To answer your original point.....on the Canuck forum we have at least as many visitors as registered members....some time in the evening the ratio will even go up to 3 maybe 4 to 1.

That said there's something called a spy bot which is basically an electronic spy program or robot.....if you will....it searches key words.....user names, etc....which allows people on the web to access the sites when doing a search.

We had a big discussion last year or maybe 2 years ago and some of the members were getting a bit paranoid about it...
one of our research wizards to prove the point keyed in my user name and came up with a big whack of threads that I was involved in on different sites.....so pretty much everything out there becomes public domain to some extent or other.

Regards + HH

Bill

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH---The two newspapers in my county of 280,000 population closed Jan 1. Now my "local" paper is the Washington Post 60 miles away. Needless to say we don't get a lot of local news. No radio station either. It folded a couple of years ago. No newspaper is raising problems for the local Courts and Attorneys to post their required legal notices. Not to mention the local merchants have no way to advertise their sales and goods. Tough sledding in this area and if the supposed March Government cuts take affect we stand to lose 60K jobs within a 60 mile radius of DC. My state is slated to lose 260,000K jobs over all. Mega employment will be lost down around the Norfolk area. Read somewhere 160 newspapers have folded recently.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Ammo was hard to find for a month because of the talk on gun bans. I am able to find it myself again, price hasn't gone up, in fact just bought another 250 rounds to add to my cache.

I am not concerned about gov outlawing ammo, I personally feel very comfortable supreme court would view ammo same as weapons, our rights to keep and bear arms includes the tight to ammo..

Kinda like saying we have the right to free press, but all blank paper is illegal...

YOU have a bunker, too...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Spart,

To answer your original point.....on the Canuck forum we have at least as many visitors as registered members....some time in the evening the ratio will even go up to 3 maybe 4 to 1.

That said there's something called a spy bot which is basically an electronic spy program or robot.....if you will....it searches key words.....user names, etc....which allows people on the web to access the sites when doing a search.

We had a big discussion last year or maybe 2 years ago and some of the members were getting a bit paranoid about it...
one of our research wizards to prove the point keyed in my user name and came up with a big whack of threads that I was involved in on different sites.....so pretty much everything out there becomes public domain to some extent or other.

Regards + HH

Bill

Better be GOOD, then... Santa Claus is WATCHING!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread