Florida Sheriffs Association Announce Their Support For 2nd Amendment

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another state law enforcement agency expresses their opinion in support of our rights and against gun control..... They support having law abiding citizens armed....
When the Sheriffs Association calls for donataions this year I will be more than happy to donate..........

Florida Sheriffs Association Announces Their Stand to Gun Control Thursday, January 31, 2013

Florida Sheriffs Association
Proclamation 2013-1
Support of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

WHEREAS, the Florida Constitution in Article VIII, Section 1 (d), created the Office of the Sheriff and in invested the Sheriff with certain powers necessary to carry out his or her duties to serve and protect; and

WHEREAS, Sheriffs are charged with the public trust and are sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States, which guarantees the right to bear arms; and

WHEREAS, the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution assures the right of the people to keep and bear arm; and

WHEREAS, Florida Sheriffs have continually supported the rights guaranteed under the Constitution of the United States, including the right to bear arms, and the Florida Sheriffs affirm they will not assist, support, or condone any unconstitutional infringement of that right;

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT PROCLAIMED, that on this 29th day of January 2013 at the Winter Conference in Destin, Florida, the Florida Sheriffs Association publicly acknowledges and reiterates its support for the rights provided by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Lee County Sheriff's Office | Lee County, Florida | News | Index

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we had a sheriff in Pa. make a statement similar to this and it's great to see other states have supporters like this also.. If I lived there he would surely recieve my vote.. Now there's a man that is standing up for his local people and leading by example.. Good for him and the people who support him.. Stay strong Florida and defend your rights..

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ANYONE have a copy of the OATH of Sheriff; COULD be different for each state... DUNNO. Please "post" it HERE; WANNA see!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see you have somebody down there like that TH instead of a butt kissing pantie waist like in Mass.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANYONE have a copy of the OATH of Sheriff; COULD be different for each state... DUNNO. Please "post" it HERE; WANNA see!

Here is Florida's, you can google and find the oath for any state...Every one begins the same.."I do solemnly swear that I will support, protect and defend the Constitution".

"I do solemnly swear that I will support, protect and defend the Constitution and Government of the State of Florida, and the Government of the United States of America; that I am duly qualified to hold office under the Constitution of this State; and that I will well and faithfully perform the duties of Sheriff on which I am now about to enter. So help me God."

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Here is Florida's, you can google and find the oath for any state...Every one begins the same.."I do solemnly swear that I will support, protect and defend the Constitution".

"I do solemnly swear that I will support, protect and defend the Constitution and Government of the State of Florida, and the Government of the United States of America; that I am duly qualified to hold office under the Constitution of this State; and that I will well and faithfully perform the duties of Sheriff on which I am now about to enter. So help me God."

TY!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sounds like you have a great sheriff in Lee county!!!!!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not just Lee County, that is from the Florida Sherriffs Association, many are joining in.... I will add mose as I find them..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread