Jimmy Lee Dykes; what happened...?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
WHAT a JOKE! NO ONE wants to "talk" about REALITY, here...? THIS is MORE important than Sandy Hook, etc.!

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he remembers some hippy dude spitting on him back then.???

The other thing they (The news) keep talking about how traumatic young people get after seeing some one shot, What about this kid Couple flash bangs, automatic weapons going off. Maybe six guy's dressed like the hulk, And this kid is autistic. I thought his demands were to talk to the news media. Maybe the king thought the guy would bash em??? Be careful of the future no bunker to deep for the king's drones.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does the second amendment still give him the right to own a gun right now? I don't see anything in the constitution that would prevent him from exercising his right?

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
isn't there some kind of relatively harmless "knock out gas" they could have piped in there?

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other

The other thing they (The news) keep talking about how traumatic young people get after seeing some one shot, What about this kid Couple flash bangs, automatic weapons going off. Maybe six guy's dressed like the hulk, And this kid is autistic. I thought his demands were to talk to the news media. Maybe the king thought the guy would bash em??? Be careful of the future no bunker to deep for the king's drones.

Believe it or not...the fact that he was autistic protected him from the a lot of the trauma. Autistic kids frequently retreat inside themselves during times of stress. The whole event probably will not bother him too much. Not that I have any research to back this up...just a guess.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it or not...the fact that he was autistic protected him from the a lot of the trauma. Autistic kids frequently retreat inside themselves during times of stress. The whole event probably will not bother him too much. Not that I have any research to back this up...just a guess.

Come on Crisp if that was the case why don't they send them all into combat sure would handle the ptsd. A flash bang will scare the crap out of Rambo.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If someone kills an innocent bus driver and kidnaps a kid, he deserves to get droned or whatever it takes

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Come on Crisp if that was the case why don't they send them all into combat sure would handle the ptsd. A flash bang will scare the crap out of Rambo.

O no. You are right. I'm sure it scared the heck out of him. However, he most likely retreated into himself so he never processed the memory. 100 to 1 odds says he was rocking with his arms around his knees to self soothe.

I'm assuming that was a joke about sending them into combat....right? If you have ever met somebody with autism then you know they are pretty nonfunctional.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Yep.....the president of our local md club has an autistic son.....with special help believe it or not he managed to graduate from high school.....

Martin had a group hunt in his area and invited us all back to his house for a barbecue....his son probably 10 or so at the time spent about 2 hours bouncing up and down on a trampoline oblivious to what was going on around him.....I had tears in my eyes watching him at the time.....

Regards + HH

Bill

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O no. You are right. I'm sure it scared the heck out of him. However, he most likely retreated into himself so he never processed the memory. 100 to 1 odds says he was rocking with his arms around his knees to self soothe.

I'm assuming that was a joke about sending them into combat....right? If you have ever met somebody with autism then you know they are pretty nonfunctional.

Crisp of course it was a joke Just trying to get a rise out of you. First time.. I read you didn't have enough research on a subject. That's not like you.:hello:

I must say I didn't know of that trate, Funny though, some are taught this lack of fear and some are born with it.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I know one young man, who is STILL Autistic; think he still lives with his mother. Was a member of our Pentecostal Church; he wrote a book on growing up with Autism; I have it here, somewhere. He is VERY "fragile"; would NEVER make it in combat. As a Primary-level TMR TA (Teacher's Assistant), I had a MENNONITE 7 year old boy with Austism; he retreated into his own "little world" when he felt "threatened". HARD to get 'em out, again. Ethan seems to have a loving family/community; I think HE will be OK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Putting the focus back on Jimmy Lee Dykes; wonder when the "on-set" of his "mental thing" was...? Viet Nam...? A BUNKER...? Was he a "Prepper"...? Experiencing COGNITIVE DISSONANCE...? Disappointed that the world DIDN'T END on Dec, 21, 2012...? ALL that $$$$$$$$$ invested; ALL the MRE... ??? !!! Don't blame GOD! Blame Obama...?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Just not seeing any info on him Reb.:dontknow:
There were a couple bomb shelters on private land when i was a kid. Maybe there were some hold overs.
Storm shelters too,should always have a little food reserved.
What ever his motivation he had a start for holing up.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just not seeing any info on him Reb.:dontknow:
There were a couple bomb shelters on private land when i was a kid. Maybe there were some hold overs.
Storm shelters too,should always have a little food reserved.
What ever his motivation he had a start for holing up.

True... why I asked.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your right it is kind of strange. Usually you get all these reports about these folks. Media always portray them as social misfits, wore black trench coats, didnt play organized sports, were loners, outcasts, didnt go to prom, etc, etc. ever notice they love to highlight that sort of stuff.

God forbid if they were just normal people who lost it - I guess they figure that might freak out the general population.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stockpicker,

I tend to agree.....given the right set of circumstances.....just about anyone has the potential of going over the edge...
the expression....."there but for the grace of god go I"....comes to mind.

Best to thank our lucky stars it's the exception and not the rule.

Regards + HH

Bill

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stockpicker,

I tend to agree.....given the right set of circumstances.....just about anyone has the potential of going over the edge...
the expression....."there but for the grace of god go I"....comes to mind.

Best to thank our lucky stars it's the exception and not the rule.

Regards + HH

Bill

Well said!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread