Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: A question about how the mind works

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2007
    13649 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizLeeBear View Post
    Trust me, it is not an act. I can be in one room and get up to get something and forget what it is before I get there.
    Known as a "Senior Moment"...

us
    Jan 2013
    Full Time In An RV
    Garrett GTI 1500
    382 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    Known as a "Senior Moment"...
    Yes, when it happens every so often, not when it happens too often. I live along, so sometimes I worry. But, all I can do is all I can do! Thanks again.
    Ten years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now the USA has no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29232 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It happens to me a lot, I will hear a song on the radio and I will flash back to a point in my life in my past and be in that moment for minutes or longer at a time.....

Personally I love it, to me memories are like pages in a favorite book that I get to read over and over........Getting older sucks, but man I sure had fun getting here.... A lot of my memories I can't even speak about here since site is family friendly...
    GrizLeeBear likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Aug 2012
    44 times
    Used to spend a lot of time hiking Big Bend in the old days and have done what you did. I was happy, made friends, loved the mule deer(now the mountain lions have eaten them), snuck in the showers at Chisos Basin Lodge and sang there. Love Santa Elena Canyon and even wrote a song there. Big Bend has that effect on people. The Window Trail, Hot Springs, just so many cool places. BUT, not in summer...
    GrizLeeBear likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    19350 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Everything you ever see,touch,taste,smell,hear is registered in the mind,we don't forget,we just don't recall. GodBless Chris
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

us
    May 2011
    1 times
    At 66 I call it the attic of my mind. People our age don't have USB sticks or CDs, we work from boxes of old records stored in the attic of our minds. The newest thing I have is an old floppy You must have rattled the boxes when hiking and tipped one over. Now you'll be remembering all sorts of things. Hope they're all good memories
    Bum Luck likes this.

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    869 times
    I used to work with a guy that sang commercials, the sillier the better. It would have annoyed me more, but it was done as an ironic sort of way.

The brain can store more memories than it can easily retrieve.

A lot goes on in your "subconscious" that you're not aware of.

Sleep processes your daily memories for later retrieval.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." — Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    That's funny Griz. But there's a song I can't even think about anymore .. Because every time I start humming it my eyes swell my nose starts bleeding I remember a tooth I had and my kidneys hurt.

Back in 68 the Beatles released Hey Jude. Was sitting in a bar in Japan and decided to play it 54 times on the juke box. Well after about 30 times and blocking the front of the box. I guess no one else wanted to hear my singing They proceeded to... Well you can guess.

oh Cr ap I just got blood on my key board (Sniffle)

us
    Jan 2013
    Full Time In An RV
    Garrett GTI 1500
    382 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by onfire View Post
    Back in 68 the Beatles released Hey Jude. Was sitting in a bar in Japan and decided to play it 54 times on the juke box. Well after about 30 times and blocking the front of the box. I guess no one else wanted to hear my singing They proceeded to... Well you can guess.
    Yeah, well, 68 was a just a bit over the top. I am amazed you got to 30! Must not have been a Navy bar!
    Ten years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now the USA has no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    Well, you think in pictures, not words, so maybe it was something you saw while detecting that connected to the old commercial.

Frank

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profile.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	740196

Jun 2007
    13649 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizLeeBear View Post
    Yeah, well, 68 was a just a bit over the top. I am amazed you got to 30! Must not have been a Navy bar!
    LOL!

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    19350 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    What you say Frank is so true,the secret power of words through pictures in the mind. GodBless Chris
    Frankn likes this.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links