Strangest thing youve seen while mding - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Strangest thing youve seen while mding

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2010
    Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
    8408 times
    This didn't happen metal detectin', but I was looking for arrow heads, so I think it counts. I was working for a ranch in Nevada, a really large ranch with lots of BLM turn out for the cows in the winter time. The ranch ran along the river for several miles, and the deeded ground actually went out into the desert, but that wasn't fenced, just the bottom land along the river was behind the fence. We had already gathered the cattle off the desert, and the melting snow in the mountains flooded the lower end of the deeded ground, which is where we were pasturing a bunch of heifers away from the bulls. Those cattle had to be taken out of the flood, and then turned back out onto the desert until the flood was over. After the heifers were taken care of, I had about 9 miles to get home, and not wanting to ride through any more flooded ground, or attempt to swim the flooded river, decided to ride back home the long way via the bridge, which would also let me cut through a spot where I'd found several points and drills, and which was on deeded land but outside the fence. Looking for arrowheads horse back in the desert is a really slick way to go, the horse watches where he is walking, and I look at the ground. A lot of my finds over the years were from the back of a saddle horse. The area I wanted to hunt was close to the hiway, but in a swale that hid it from the road and was pretty well secured from view anywhere unless close by. The soil was sandy, and the horse didn't make a sound as we traveled through the desert. When I got to my spot, there were two cars parked right on top of the best place to look. Riding past the first one, there was no one in it, and I looked around to see if they were trespassing across the fence, but didn't see anyone, so went to the next car and looked in. There was a male and female in the car so busy doing what they were doing they didn't hear me at all. I'm leaning off the saddle, looking in the window, they are oblivious, so I said, "Howdy." OMG, that really got their attention, and you could have knocked that boys eyeballs off with a stick, although it didn't seem to bother the gal too much. Then I told them to stay on that side of the fence, "it's private property on the other side," he agreed with me, I gave the gal a smile, and then laughed all the way back home. You should have seen the look on that guys face, it's still funny looking back on it. They thought they had really convenient spot for the sneaky meetings, and I'll bet they didn't go there again.
    Due to the high price of ammunition there will be no warning shot.

ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    42495 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Now that's funny.....thanks for the laugh....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6663 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Wow! That was you on that horse? What a small world! LOL! Just kidding. If that happened to me I probably would have watched for awhile!
    A2coins and Hillbilly Prince like this.
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    42495 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    diesel,

Now you're being a bad boy again.....keep it up and you'll get sent to your room...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by dieselram94 View Post
    Wow! That was you on that horse? What a small world! LOL! Just kidding. If that happened to me I probably would have watched for awhile!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Sep 2013
    Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
    9747 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Manning View Post

Watching for Squatch discovery last night, I wondered what strange things ya'll have seen while out mding?
    I've seen a Sasquatch while out detecting near Whitefish Bay..just saying.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    31040 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Looked up in the sky saw a big object the size of a black garbage bag falling fast 30 seconds later it hits the ground and bounces back up turns out to be a airplane wheel a little smaller than a car tire crazy I kept an eye open for the plane it came of to come crashing down freaky

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    31040 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Out in the woods had to go I'm miles away from everything all of a sudden here comes a bunch of old women doing their wilderness walk whoops or should I say pooops

(Free Shipping)

Charter Member

Jun 2017
    39550 times
    Um....

You?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detectorist-2.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	564.6 KB 
ID:	1707802
    The Valley of Dry Bones

37 The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”

Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    3066 times
    Im at the local fair grounds / park, a lady driving a convertible is arguing with a 8 year old boy and then stops the car, the kid jumps out and starts sniffing the exhaust straight from the tail pipe, Im just like what the hell?? the lady hollers and kid jumps back in the car and off they went....

Charter Member
    us
    Ethan

Apr 2019
    North Eastern Kentucky
    My dads Whites MXT
    18032 times
    Relic Hunting
    I was sitting in the town of Ashland Kentucky, waiting for a freight train to come by. Rail photography is something I enjoy. I see this "lady" walking down the tracks from a long way away. "she" came within about 100 yds. and I heard "her" singing this gosh-awful Ariana Grande song. I mean really badly. To get a hint as to what it sounded like, throw a bunch of toddlers and Chihuahuas into a tumbler, and listen to that for a while. Anyways, the person came into view, and I saw that "she" had a beard! It was a guy, high as a kite I would guess, walking down the tracks singing terribly in a dress. I wish I could un-see that. There are things that some people shouldn't see.

A recent experience was during the 2019 Polar Vortex. Some girl (21+) ran out of a taco bell wearing nothing but a bra and rather tight leggings. Barefoot. In a parking lot. When it was -2 outside. She didn't look bad at all, but like all hot women, she was psychotic, lol!

I wasn't metal detecting when this happened. I haven't been detecting long enough for weird stuff yet.
    Last edited by RustyRelics; Apr 29, 2019 at 12:06 PM.
    "The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy." - Jubal Early

"We'll fight them, sir, till hell freezes over, and then, sir, we'll fight them on ice" - Unknown Confederate soldier

Bullets wanted! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/tr...ml#post6272084

Charter Member
    us
    The surest representation of a man's character is his work ethic.

Apr 2016
    Robbinsdale, MN
    White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
    949 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Manning View Post
    Nude and jogging are a bad combination
    Gonna have to disagree with you on that account. Ever seen Monty Python's: The Meaning of Life?

us
    Jan 2012
    Western Washington
    1566 times
    I spent 4 years metal Detecting a remote logging camp, one day I arrived at the place I had been digging for the past couple days. After a hour of digging, slowly pulling nails out one at a time my dogs start barking. I hadn’t heard a thing and my dogs don’t bark at anything. Concerned I looked through the brush at what they were seeing....
    to my horror I saw a metallic object slowly rise above a deadfall log and when it saw me look at it the object slowly hid behind the log. My heart started racing and my dogs were going nuts. Again the object rose to look at me only to hide after being seen. I yelled out “Hey, I see you”!!
    After another peekaboo session I gained the courage to walk a little closer, yelling louder and walking with my male Labrador, we started creeping closer, the object was unfazed.
    Just as I thought we could be in for the fight of our lives I realized what We were looking at....
    a half inflated metallic party balloon.
    Relieved and embarrassed I retrieved the balloon and tied it to the tree where I was working, my female lab was still not ok with it. Haha
    SD51, RustyRelics, Louie D and 3 others like this.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13267 times
    Metal Detecting
    Now that’s epic
    A2coins, RustyRelics and highnam like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    31040 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrightdigger View Post
    Um....

You? yepper

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	detectorist-2.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	564.6 KB 
ID:	1707802
    Yep
    RustyRelics and Wrightdigger like this.

(Free Shipping)

Jul 2019
    409 times
    I'd have to say that the strangest thing that I have seen while swinging a coil, was myself running for life after straying near a killer bee hive.
    My life flashed before my eyes. Thank God for that swamp!
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links