Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out in the woods had to go I'm miles away from everything all of a sudden here comes a bunch of old women doing their wilderness walk whoops or should I say pooops

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Um....

You? :dontknow:

detectorist-2.jpeg

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im at the local fair grounds / park, a lady driving a convertible is arguing with a 8 year old boy and then stops the car, the kid jumps out and starts sniffing the exhaust straight from the tail pipe, Im just like what the hell?? the lady hollers and kid jumps back in the car and off they went....

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was sitting in the town of Ashland Kentucky, waiting for a freight train to come by. Rail photography is something I enjoy. I see this "lady" walking down the tracks from a long way away. "she" came within about 100 yds. and I heard "her" singing this gosh-awful Ariana Grande song. I mean really badly. To get a hint as to what it sounded like, throw a bunch of toddlers and Chihuahuas into a tumbler, and listen to that for a while. Anyways, the person came into view, and I saw that "she" had a beard! It was a guy, high as a kite I would guess, walking down the tracks singing terribly in a dress. I wish I could un-see that. There are things that some people shouldn't see.

A recent experience was during the 2019 Polar Vortex. Some girl (21+) ran out of a taco bell wearing nothing but a bra and rather tight leggings. Barefoot. In a parking lot. When it was -2 outside. ??? She didn't look bad at all, but like all hot women, she was psychotic, lol!

I wasn't metal detecting when this happened. I haven't been detecting long enough for weird stuff yet.

Last edited:

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent 4 years metal Detecting a remote logging camp, one day I arrived at the place I had been digging for the past couple days. After a hour of digging, slowly pulling nails out one at a time my dogs start barking. I hadn’t heard a thing and my dogs don’t bark at anything. Concerned I looked through the brush at what they were seeing....
to my horror I saw a metallic object slowly rise above a deadfall log and when it saw me look at it the object slowly hid behind the log. My heart started racing and my dogs were going nuts. Again the object rose to look at me only to hide after being seen. I yelled out “Hey, I see you”!!
After another peekaboo session I gained the courage to walk a little closer, yelling louder and walking with my male Labrador, we started creeping closer, the object was unfazed.
Just as I thought we could be in for the fight of our lives I realized what We were looking at....
a half inflated metallic party balloon.
Relieved and embarrassed I retrieved the balloon and tied it to the tree where I was working, my female lab was still not ok with it. Haha

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that’s epic

Arthur-Dent

Banned
Jul 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to say that the strangest thing that I have seen while swinging a coil, was myself running for life after straying near a killer bee hive.
My life flashed before my eyes. Thank God for that swamp!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread