Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two weeks ago, surfers in Delaware in January.

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ouch, bet there was shrinkage

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally. With rip tides, too.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
One of our laying hens taking a 15-mile ride at 70 mph on the rear axle of my pick-up, to my buddies house on a detecting trip. My buddies wife called him while we were out detecting and said "there's a chicken in our driveway". When we got back to my buddies house, the hen jumped back onto the axle of my truck and back home we flew.

Another time I was out detecting a schoolyard in town, looked up and here comes a coyote zipping right past me.

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff-gordon said:
Watching for Squatch discovery last night, I wondered what strange things ya'll have seen while out mding?

I went to a place this weekend, the first thing the landowner asks me is if I believe in ghosts. She went on to tell me she talks to a spirit in the home and he's angry... And so on... This was also the 1st time I've had someone follow me around the whole time, really annoying. The whole time she was following me she carried a quartz crystal, very odd. There was also a weird altar or shrine out back and you could tell a fire had been built there. I didn't find anything and even if I did I don't think I'd return. That's my strangest story..

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
20120511_105751.jpg

Watching for Squatch discovery last night, I wondered what strange things ya'll have seen while out mding?

Albino fox in old boy scout camp in State forest while Eagles were flying North to nesting areas. Nude joggers at Town beach in secluded area and men shooting at trees with shotguns there. Later found little green man and medallion.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was detecting some abandoned sites on a large ranch in Texas and saw some interesting ground-rock formations. I took some pictures and showed them to the owner who rode out with me the next day. It turns out this was a long lost, small family cemetery. They looked back through some old pictures and figured out most of who was buried where. They have added markers and a fence, and keep the place up. They were so happy I ate dinner free for a week and got access to more property. I guess there are some "buried treasures" I don't want to dig up!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I went to a place this weekend, the first thing the landowner asks me is if I believe in ghosts. She went on to tell me she talks to a spirit in the home and he's angry... And so on... This was also the 1st time I've had someone follow me around the whole time, really annoying. The whole time she was following me she carried a quartz crystal, very odd. There was also a weird altar or shrine out back and you could tell a fire had been built there. I didn't find anything and even if I did I don't think I'd return. That's my strangest story..

GOOD ONE! And SPOOKY, too!

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Albino fox in old boy scout camp in State forest while Eagles were flying North to nesting areas. Nude joggers at Town beach in secluded area and men shooting at trees with shotguns there. Later found little green man and medallion.

Nude and jogging are a bad combination

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is nude skydiving.....LOTS of flapping around....OUCH!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff,

Does the everything else forum count.....kind of a weird find in my mind.....

Regards + HH

Bill:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

OP
OP
Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This didn't happen metal detectin', but I was looking for arrow heads, so I think it counts. I was working for a ranch in Nevada, a really large ranch with lots of BLM turn out for the cows in the winter time. The ranch ran along the river for several miles, and the deeded ground actually went out into the desert, but that wasn't fenced, just the bottom land along the river was behind the fence. We had already gathered the cattle off the desert, and the melting snow in the mountains flooded the lower end of the deeded ground, which is where we were pasturing a bunch of heifers away from the bulls. Those cattle had to be taken out of the flood, and then turned back out onto the desert until the flood was over. After the heifers were taken care of, I had about 9 miles to get home, and not wanting to ride through any more flooded ground, or attempt to swim the flooded river, decided to ride back home the long way via the bridge, which would also let me cut through a spot where I'd found several points and drills, and which was on deeded land but outside the fence. Looking for arrowheads horse back in the desert is a really slick way to go, the horse watches where he is walking, and I look at the ground. A lot of my finds over the years were from the back of a saddle horse. The area I wanted to hunt was close to the hiway, but in a swale that hid it from the road and was pretty well secured from view anywhere unless close by. The soil was sandy, and the horse didn't make a sound as we traveled through the desert. When I got to my spot, there were two cars parked right on top of the best place to look. Riding past the first one, there was no one in it, and I looked around to see if they were trespassing across the fence, but didn't see anyone, so went to the next car and looked in. There was a male and female in the car so busy doing what they were doing they didn't hear me at all. I'm leaning off the saddle, looking in the window, they are oblivious, so I said, "Howdy." OMG, that really got their attention, and you could have knocked that boys eyeballs off with a stick, although it didn't seem to bother the gal too much. Then I told them to stay on that side of the fence, "it's private property on the other side," he agreed with me, I gave the gal a smile, and then laughed all the way back home. You should have seen the look on that guys face, it's still funny looking back on it. They thought they had really convenient spot for the sneaky meetings, and I'll bet they didn't go there again.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow! That was you on that horse? What a small world! LOL! Just kidding. If that happened to me I probably would have watched for awhile!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diesel,

Now you're being a bad boy again.....keep it up and you'll get sent to your room...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Wow! That was you on that horse? What a small world! LOL! Just kidding. If that happened to me I probably would have watched for awhile!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread