Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
WELL, I THINK A LOT OF OUR PROBLEMS ARE DUE TO A SHORTAGE OF MONEY IN CIRCULATION.
Now I am beginning to get the big picture. I heard today that Apple has an app. $20B cash reserve, and get this, 70% of it is OVERSEAS, as in tax sheltered. Now you know why our taxes are so high. I wonder how much of corporations funds are tax sheltered overseas? Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
Far as I know alot a bigwhig types are gettin their money out of the states

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you want to really know.. Because if just knowing apple is doing this and it gets under your skin then the tens of thousands of others who are probably doing this too would send you right over the edge.. News like this makes me sick you make your money your already well off pay your damn taxes.. Greed is a horrible thing and unfortunatley it is running this country....

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
News like this makes me sick you make your money your already well off pay your damn taxes.. Greed is a horrible thing and unfortunatley it is running this country....

Agreed. I would change it to say "greed is RUINING this country" or has already ruined it...

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WELL, I THINK A LOT OF OUR PROBLEMS ARE DUE TO A SHORTAGE OF MONEY IN CIRCULATION.
Now I am beginning to get the big picture. I heard today that Apple has an app. $20B cash reserve, and get this, 70% of it is OVERSEAS, as in tax sheltered. Now you know why our taxes are so high. I wonder how much of corporations funds are tax sheltered overseas? Frank

View attachment 740207
Yeah, welll. Maybe if the corporate tax rates weren't so high, some of that money would come home. I never blame people for protecting their own self interest.....that's what made this country great. If you want to be mad at somebody, how about Bernanke who has printed trillions and given it to the bankers....who, in turn, have put it right back in the Federal Reserve who then pays them interest on it....again with newly printed money. The bankers haven't EARNED the money, unlike Apple. In fact they helped cause the mess we're now in, and are making money from it. And, to ice the cake, the resulting low interest rates are costing people who save hundreds of billions of dollars in interest....think what THAT money would do to help the economy. The wife and I have never made big money...neither of us is educated beyond high school. But, by living frugally, and making good decisions we slowly accumulated a decent pile. We figure these low interest rate policies are costing us about $15,000/year in lost interest.
Jim

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
American capitalists created our system and our military to protect their interests here and anywhere they make their bed.
We've also benefited from their system so far. Understand a card carrying capitalist has little allegiance except to their ambition. Little can change when many of our politicians are capitalists themselves.
The bankers took a gamble and won. They sold out Americans and were rewarded with a big payday along with a bonus.
Any economy needs people that will take the risk to build a business. It's when those people have the opportunity to become like the railroad barons of the past that the system fails.
Some have mistakenly called the USA a capitalist country. It's not. It's a democratic/republic first with a quasi capitalist monetary system.
The system would want all of us to have just enough money to prevent a revolution but not so much to be free of the system.
I'm still waiting for some of those that trashed the economy to go to jail. They will send the Madoff's to jail but he just hurt a few and was an ez target.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
American capitalists created our system and our military to protect their interests here and anywhere they make their bed.
We've also benefited from their system so far. Understand a card carrying capitalist has little allegiance except to their ambition. Little can change when many of our politicians are capitalists themselves.
The bankers took a gamble and won. They sold out Americans and were rewarded with a big payday along with a bonus.
Any economy needs people that will take the risk to build a business. It's when those people have the opportunity to become like the railroad barons of the past that the system fails.
Some have mistakenly called the USA a capitalist country. It's not. It's a democratic/republic first with a quasi capitalist monetary system.
The system would want all of us to have just enough money to prevent a revolution but not so much to be free of the system.
I'm still waiting for some of those that trashed the economy to go to jail. They will send the Madoff's to jail but he just hurt a few and was an ez target.

His ponzi scheme was essentially what social security does. There is no better system than capitalism. The bankers were forced to make bad home loans by Clintons affordable housing act. Lets make sure we place the blame were it truly belongs.......

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have never liked our tax system. I would prefer a flat income tax. We could probably get by with 10/15%. There would be NO DEDUCTIONS. There would be only two exceptions, no tax on income under the poverty level and no tax on social security payments.

Tax should be used to run the government. Not used to punish or reward.

Another thing, I would like to see some kind of review on the military BLACK PROJECTS. Hay look at all the drones, there are over 27 types in use now. We don't really need an F22 and a F35. Some would really be surprised if they could see the money that is wasted on some of the stupid projects. We are talking Billions here, maybe into trillions. Frank

111-1 profileblk.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All great points Frank

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Interestingly, DRONES are used "in-country" to take out enemy LEADERS; don't give a rat's arse, if they WERE once U.S. citizens. The stealth bombers/fighters (YAY!) are used on ENEMY combatants... YAY!

NOW! As to here in the U.S.A.; Be MINDFUL of UNLAWFUL COMBATANTS. "Google" it, if you must...

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Interestingly, DRONES are used "in-country" to take out enemy LEADERS; don't give a rat's arse, if they WERE once U.S. citizens. The stealth bombers/fighters (YAY!) are used on ENEMY combatants... YAY!

NOW! As to here in the U.S.A.; Be MINDFUL of UNLAWFUL COMBATANTS. "Google" it, if you must...

Where are you going with this statement?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Rebel, He was a US citizen. That is where they goofed. They should have pulled his citizenship long ago. It was illegal because they bypassed due process. Citizens are entitled to a trial before execution. Frank

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Frank: When I first say the title of your thread I thought you had just got done taking my wife shopping. ;)

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

funny you brought that up I guess all you have to do is grow a beard to be in a safe zone... Just ask the guy's a FORT HOOD. And what's that costing us?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

As most of you already know the US has a lot of world class consumer staples companies, Coke, Kraft,etc....a lot of their sales and profits are in overseas markets.....

If they don't repatriate their profits back to the US they avoid domestic taxation on the profits....pure and simple....you have to remember these companies have some of the brightest accounting and legal minds on staff....if there's a work around they'll find it....just my HO.

Regards + HH

Bill

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today, on the tv news, they talked about the business owners in New York moving their business' to Florida to avoid the high taxes, cost of living and property costs in NY. Can't blame them a bit. If my roots weren't so deep here in California, I'd head to another state myself. Thing is, as money moves out of the higher taxed states, that means that the "functional" people left in the state will have to pay more to hand out to the growing population of scum suckers living off the taxpayers. I don't see what good raising minimum wage will do for anyone either. People willing to work for minimum wage will just get taxed more and manufacturers will just charge more for their products to make up for what they have to pay. It also puts the rest of the workforce closer to the bottom because raising the minimum doesn't help them a bit. Then, if you look at this problem on a global scale, you can see we are in trouble. Our fearless leaders want to cut the defense budget but increase the buy-more-votes with taxpayer handout programs.

Last edited:

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never liked our tax system. I would prefer a flat income tax. We could probably get by with 10/15%. There would be NO DEDUCTIONS. There would be only two exceptions, no tax on income under the poverty level and no tax on social security payments.

Tax should be used to run the government. Not used to punish or reward.

Another thing, I would like to see some kind of review on the military BLACK PROJECTS. Hay look at all the drones, there are over 27 types in use now. We don't really need an F22 and a F35. Some would really be surprised if they could see the money that is wasted on some of the stupid projects. We are talking Billions here, maybe into trillions. Frank

View attachment 740730

A flat regressive tax would be a disaster for MOST people (except the rich). I would support a progressive flat tax. $50,000 or less 1%, $50k to $100K 10%, $100k to 200K 15%, $200k or more 20%. No deductions. No expenses, no nothing. Then again, not likely. Too many rely on deductions to guild our behavior.

As for the Money overseas, I would support a tax holiday... no tax on any money brought into the U.S. as long as it is used for investment in capital development (factories), Salaries for new hires, etc. If they want to bring the money back to improve their business within the U.S. GREAT. The government will get its taxes on the rebound (sales tax on capital investment, income tax on new hires, etc).

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
His ponzi scheme was essentially what social security does. There is no better system than capitalism. The bankers were forced to make bad home loans by Clintons affordable housing act. Lets make sure we place the blame were it truly belongs.......

Oh, there's plenty of blame to go around. IT started with the affordable housing act. It was fostered through deregulation. I like to say that history does not repeat itself, but it does echo. Laisse Faire Capitalism (unregulated capitalism) has proven itself to be unsupportable over the long term. Industries can not and will not regulate themselves responsibly because as soon as a capitalist sees that someone else has an advantage, the easiest way to catch up is to short cut the self imposed regulations. Maintaining a safe workplace environment is an essential government function as much as maintaining roads and building bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions