Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jerseyben
  • 1 Post By Frankn

Thread: I Hope This Is Not True

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Getter done

Sep 2007
    Terra Bella, Ca.
    DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
    558 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I Hope This Is Not True

A Realtor for the past 28 years I thought I’d seen or heard it all… Until now.
    I was showing homes in Pontiac, MI. one afternoon recently and showed up at a home at the 4:00 pm time my appointment was scheduled for. After I woke up the homeowner, she let us in and then proceeded to tell my buyers and I that she has already entered into a contract to sell the home on a short-sale. (A short-sale is a sale where the banks accepts less money than is owed on the home). After some chit-chat, she proceeded to tell us that she and her sister (who also lived in the area) were buying each other’s homes via the short-sale process. I mentioned to her that I thought relatives could not be involved in those transactions. She smiled and said "We have two different last names so no one knows the difference".

She went on to tell us that each of them owed over 100K on their homes and were in the process of buying each other’s homes for about 10-15K cash. To top it off, they were each receiving $3,000.00 in government provided relocation assistance at the closing.

My buyers and I were amazed that she was outright admitting to fraud and yet, she continued. She began to tell us that the best part of her scheme was that because they currently were not working that they (both) are now receiving Section 8 Vouchers. I said I thought those were for renters and she said “That’s the best part; me and my sister are going to be renting each other’s homes so we don’t even have to move, and Obama is going to give us each $800.00 a month to pay the rent!” She then picked up a picture she had framed of Obama and did a little happy dance around her living room and while she kissed the picture she was singing "Thank you Obama.... thank you Obama."

So here is the bottom line… Both of these scammers got at least $80,000.00 in debt forgiven, $3,000.00 in cash for relocation ( when in fact they did not relocate ) and to boot, you and I will now be paying ( through our taxes ) $1,600.00 in rent for each them each and every month.... perhaps forever!

These women went from working and paying about $900.00 each in mortgage payments to staying home and getting paid $800.00 each per month to live in the same home they had been living in and all they had to do was lie on a few papers. This craziness has to stop! I’m sure this kind of fraud is going on each and every day all across the country and no one wants to touch the subject of entitlements because they might OFFEND someone or lose a vote or two.

By the way... she had an almost new SUV in the driveway, three flat screen TV's and a very nice computer set up in her living room which was furnished entirely with nice leather furniture.

Here is a link to some of the government assistance programs available today:

http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Benefits.shtml#Homes_and_Housing_Assistance
    Remember 9-1-1 and all the Fallen Firefighters and Police Officers. Never forget the price they paid for our Freedom.

God Bless the men and women past, present, and future who serve this country by serving in the military.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Solider, one died for your soul the other died for your freedom.

What a shame that scientists will call a cell on another planet "life", but they won't acknowledge a fetus as life until it is born.

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching.

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6824 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Dang it!
    All I got for buying a house I could afford and paying it off early, was the house I could afford!
    Oh well, I guess no good deed goes unpunished!

Seems that the only way these evils will prevail is for good men and women to do NOTHING!
    Lemme go research that link of yours a little better!
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FCCDFEd View Post
    A Realtor for the past 28 years I thought I’d seen or heard it all… Until now.
    I was showing homes in Pontiac, MI. one afternoon recently and showed up at a home at the 4:00 pm time my appointment was scheduled for. After I woke up the homeowner, she let us in and then proceeded to tell my buyers and I that she has already entered into a contract to sell the home on a short-sale. (A short-sale is a sale where the banks accepts less money than is owed on the home). After some chit-chat, she proceeded to tell us that she and her sister (who also lived in the area) were buying each other’s homes via the short-sale process. I mentioned to her that I thought relatives could not be involved in those transactions. She smiled and said "We have two different last names so no one knows the difference".

She went on to tell us that each of them owed over 100K on their homes and were in the process of buying each other’s homes for about 10-15K cash. To top it off, they were each receiving $3,000.00 in government provided relocation assistance at the closing.

My buyers and I were amazed that she was outright admitting to fraud and yet, she continued. She began to tell us that the best part of her scheme was that because they currently were not working that they (both) are now receiving Section 8 Vouchers. I said I thought those were for renters and she said “That’s the best part; me and my sister are going to be renting each other’s homes so we don’t even have to move, and Obama is going to give us each $800.00 a month to pay the rent!” She then picked up a picture she had framed of Obama and did a little happy dance around her living room and while she kissed the picture she was singing "Thank you Obama.... thank you Obama."

So here is the bottom line… Both of these scammers got at least $80,000.00 in debt forgiven, $3,000.00 in cash for relocation ( when in fact they did not relocate ) and to boot, you and I will now be paying ( through our taxes ) $1,600.00 in rent for each them each and every month.... perhaps forever!

These women went from working and paying about $900.00 each in mortgage payments to staying home and getting paid $800.00 each per month to live in the same home they had been living in and all they had to do was lie on a few papers. This craziness has to stop! I’m sure this kind of fraud is going on each and every day all across the country and no one wants to touch the subject of entitlements because they might OFFEND someone or lose a vote or two.

By the way... she had an almost new SUV in the driveway, three flat screen TV's and a very nice computer set up in her living room which was furnished entirely with nice leather furniture.

Here is a link to some of the government assistance programs available today:

http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Benefits.shtml#Homes_and_Housing_Assistance
    Sounds like a "story" straight out of the right wing handbook. If there was any more propaganda in there, I think I might have thrown-up!

People will believe anything.
    Crispin likes this.
    "Internet quotes are often inaccurate."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Aug 2012
    Schenevus, NY
    Whites M6
    100 times
    Sounds like this situation needs to be stopped

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    The truth of the matter is that the BO GRAVY TRAIN is getting a little heavy for the locomotive (US) to pull up the next hill. Frank

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profilecracked.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	718.5 KB 
ID:	740733
    dieselram94 likes this.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    31631 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    My guess it's political Propaganda

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    31631 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    thread locked. Politics is not allowed

when in doubt SNOPES

snopes.com: Short Sale

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=84183

Last edited by jeff of pa; Feb 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links