Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope this works very interesting

[FONT=&quot]You got to watch this , it takes a minute to come up from a black screen but it is worth the time. it is an OMG moment in what is to come in your phone and related medical analisys. it will change the world >!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please take a look at the link below…. Wait until the add is over. Amazing.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

This will change our lives - BIG TIME!

NBCNews.com Video Player

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
That was exceptionally painful to watch. I watched the whole thing though. My take, for what it is worth, he is on the iphone payroll and trying to sell people something. Let me start off on a positive note:

1. The glucose monitor for diabetics is in use and is a tremendously helpful tool for diabetics to monitor their blood sugar. You don't need an iphone for this.
2. That is all the positive I got.

On the misinformation:

1. That was not an EKG. Any cardiologist would be embarrassed by what he said. An EKG has six different leads because it measures electrical impulses from six different angles. By noticing changes in the leads one can localize ischemia to posterior, lateral, or inferior parts of the heart. That was a fancy pulse machine. I still read my own EKGs. There are dozens of things we look at: the QT interval, ST segment elevation or depression, T wave inversion, QRS complex...etc...etc...that machine shows none of that. Putting your finger up to your carotid and checking your pulse will accomplish the same thing.

2. Portable sonogram: Big stinking deal, that is just technology getting smaller. An echocardiogram is very complex. I do not know how to read them. The cost of the procedure is due to the expertise of the technician taking dozens of measurements and the doctor who has to interpret the data. I couldn't begin to explain the complexities. What they showed was a joke. I can't believe that doctor was able to keep a straight face.

Okay, I am done ranting.

Concluding thoughts: Technological advances have always propelled better medical care. That guy is trying to sell something. Mainstream media propaganda, don't get brainwashed. Pinko commie liberals...the whole lot of them.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crisp 6 leads that went out years ago been using 12 leads for years. Thought he was selling something to. But if it helps me sitting in a Dr. office a hour or 2 past my appointment I think it;s a start. In fact one major hospital has already started prescriptions meds with no actual person at the desk you walk up and talk to a screen. You can take a picture of you prescription with your phone and it's there waiting for you. You don't seem the movie type but go see the movie (Side Effects)

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Crisp 6 leads that went out years ago been using 12 leads for years. Thought he was selling something to. But if it helps me sitting in a Dr. office a hour or 2 past my appointment I think it;s a start. In fact one major hospital has already started prescriptions meds with no actual person at the desk you walk up and talk to a screen. You can take a picture of you prescription with your phone and it's there waiting for you. You don't seem the movie type but go see the movie (Side Effects)

Good call on the EKG thing. You are right, there are 12 leads. Don't know why I said 6. I I guess I was just thinking of V1-V6. You are right. My wife yells at me because I don't like the movies. Unless it is pure nonsense entertainment then I don't like it. I get too much seriousness in daily life. I go to the movies to escape.

greengold

Aug 9, 2012
Whidbey Island
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV...saving my clad for a Tesoro SandShark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anybody notice how the handheld ultrasound device is made by GE, who happens to own NBC? I don't doubt that the technology is good, it just seemed a little force fed.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
greengold said:
Anybody notice how the handheld ultrasound device is made by GE, who happens to own NBC? I don't doubt that the technology is good, it just seemed a little force fed.

Actually they just sold it to Comcast yesterday. Best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread