I am very disappointed... - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: I am very disappointed...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13222 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Out of curiosity. If somebody entered your house and attacked you or your family....and you responded by shooting them in the chest...and they were completely incapacitated...would you put a bullet in that person's head to finish them off? Would you shoot them again in the heart? Would you delay calling 911 until that person died? There is a fine line between self defense and murder. Our constitution does not give us the right to murder.

Crisp
    Living in the country, the ambulance response time would result in death
    arnofarrell likes this.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13222 times
    Metal Detecting
    BTW Crispin are you really a Doc? what field? do you give tnet members free advice?

us
    Voice of Reason?

Nov 2012
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    926 times
    Guns kill people, and people kill people. We can only hope to control both.
    Once the attack stops, anything less than seeking immediate assistance could be called murder. If you shoot someone who is no longer attacking you but in incapacitated or walking away, that is considered a NEW fight, with you as the aggressor. It does not matter if they are in your house if this happens. Basic Morality dictates that revenge is left to the state.
    hvacker likes this.

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Out of curiosity. If somebody entered your house and attacked you or your family....and you responded by shooting them in the chest...and they were completely incapacitated...would you put a bullet in that person's head to finish them off? Would you shoot them again in the heart? Would you delay calling 911 until that person died? There is a fine line between self defense and murder. Our constitution does not give us the right to murder.

Crisp
    But it gives us the right to plead temporary insanity. That's a fine line too.

us
    Voice of Reason?

Nov 2012
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    926 times
    Guns kill people, and people kill people. We can only hope to control both.
    I'm switching sides again...now I am progun.

Criminals serve their time and do their punishment. When they are returned to society they should be afforded the same basic rights of the BoR. Do we stop allowing criminals free speech? Do we stop letting criminals from having any of the other amendments? Cherry picking the 2nd amendment from criminals is fundamentally flawed.

Crispin
    Yes. We reduce the rights of those convicted of a crime. In many states, they are not allowed to vote. In many states those who are guilty of some crimes are force to NOT live in certain neighborhoods and so on. We stop convicted criminals from fully expressing their rights for the rest of their lives...

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8363 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If you double tap correctly this would not be an issue to start with. But lets say it's the below situation...

So you come home and some guy is raping your wife. You shoot him once. He's bleeding badly.

Your wife is quivering in the corner in a fetal position crying. You see signs of physical abuse.

Do you:

A: Comfort your wife, treat her non-life threatening wounds and hold her?
    -or-
    B. Ignore your wife and hold direct pressure on the bleeder?
    BosnMate likes this.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    If you double tap correctly this would not be an issue to start with. But lets say it's the below situation...

So you come home and some guy is raping your wife. You shoot him once. He's bleeding badly.

Your wife is quivering in the corner in a fetal position crying. You see signs of physical abuse.

Do you:

-or-
    If it's a nut shot I say let him be.

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13222 times
    Metal Detecting

Do you:

-or-
    According to oSHA rules, I would take her out of the room for safety, then go look for a pair of latex gloves before touching a strangers blood, all the while hoping he pulled through if it took long to find some...

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6663 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Do you:

-or-
    G.I.B. I hope everyone would choose "a". The only thing about the attacker I would be concerned with is him rotting in you know where. Anyone care to tell me I am wrong on this? I sincerely hope no one has gone through this or ever goes through this. Again, anyone care to tell me I am wrong? I CHALLENGE anyone......
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    6663 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dejapooh View Post
    "Life Liberty and Happiness" is Thomas Jefferson's propagandized version of "Life, Liberty, and Property" Written by John Loche. Jefferson was working with/for the rich in order for them to protect themselves from taxes that hit THEM rather than taxes that taxed the poor. Who used paper, which was taxed by the stamp tax? The rich read newspapers and books. The Rich signed contracts, and land agreements. The Tea Tax? The rich drank tea, the poor were forced to drink ale, beer, or heaven forbid... WATER (gross). The Tax revolt that was the American Revolution was a process of the rich duping the poor into fighting their war for them. The poor would have been better off with the British taxes on Luxury, rather than the Tariffs the US survived on, which taxed the Products the poor used in order to protect the Rich's industry.
    Are you someone who believes in wealth transfer or what?
    plp1.org

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13222 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselram94 View Post
    G.I.B. I hope everyone would choose "a". The only thing about the attacker I would be concerned with is him rotting in you know where. Anyone care to tell me I am wrong on this? I sincerely hope no one has gone through this or ever goes through this. Again, anyone care to tell me I am wrong? I CHALLENGE anyone......
    Dies, take a chill pill or something

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    6663 times

Crisp
    I would first tend to my family, then call 911. What ever happens to the attacker happens. Not murder.
    plp1.org

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    6663 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    Dies, take a chill pill or something
    Nope, not to be taken lightly.....All to often the attacker gets off scott free!
    plp1.org

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    13222 times
    Metal Detecting
    I meant the challenging. I don't disagree with you

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    6663 times
    I'm switching sides again...now I am progun.

Criminals are defined based on societal norms and laws. As Hvacker and dejahpooh have pointed out, the action of being of MAN fundamentally gives us the right to rebel against or leave the society. Exile is not an option for people who have broken the laws of society and no longer have a desire to stay in it. The only other result is punishment...ie...prison. Our prisons are not rehab facilities; nor, in my opinion, should they be. My idea of a criminal may be fundamentally different from what others are. The laws of our government do not supercede the constitution and BoR. The BoR does not define criminals...that changes based on time and society. Slavery is a great example. Civil rights, women's rights, you know the drill. Therefore, what may be criminal at one moment can be totally legal the next. Hence, I reject labeling people as criminal as justification to deny them the right to bear arms.

Criminals serve their time and do their punishment. When they are returned to society they should be afforded the same basic rights of the BoR. Do we stop allowing criminals free speech? Do we stop letting criminals from having any of the other amendments? Cherry picking the 2nd amendment from criminals is fundamentally flawed.

If society does not want criminals to have access to guns then the solution is either the death penalty or life in prison for violent crimes. This would stop them from getting a gun again. Setting up parameters like 'mentally insane' or 'criminal' does nothing more then stigmatize individuals and chip away at the second amendment.

Crispin
    I think sexual predators and violent criminals should never be allowed back in to society.....
    arnofarrell likes this.
    plp1.org

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links