Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, like most of you, I come on here at night time to unwind from the day's stress. Where is everybody tonight? No hot threads...no body getting into an argument. Where is my entertainment? This better not happen tomorrow night. Bevo: get us a good race going again, you did an awesome job last week. However, I realize I need to put fourth a little more effort as well. So...I know you've all been waiting for it...holding your breath at night, keeping your fingers crossed, waking up first thing in the morning to see if it is there. Wait no longer, the moment has arrived! I challenge stockpicker to a debate!
Here are my rules:
1. No circular arguments.
2. No infallible statements.
3. No statistics.
4. General, global sweeping statements are legal and encouraged.
5. Nonspecific slights get bonus points if slyly crafted.
6. No slippery slope.

Stocky: Feel free to add your own rules.

Point of Debate: Second amendment rights.
Crispin's point of debate: There should be no restrictions on firearm access to civilians.
Stocky's point of debate: Restrictions to guns are necessary.

Alternative option: I'll take any debate that involves the medical field.

Participants' rules: Everybody else is encouraged to join in. However, please make a statement at the start of each post on which side you are on. You are allowed to change sides as much as you want.

Opening point from Crispin: The second amendment clearly states, "shall not be infringed." There is no difference between murder with a handgun, murder with a shot gun, and murder with an assault rifle. Putting restrictions of firearms is futile unless we ban all of them. Neither one of us wants to ban all firearms.

Okay, take it away Stocky,

Crispin

Ps. I have to go to bed soon, so don't get carried away without me.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin said:
Okay, like most of you, I come on here at night time to unwind from the day's stress. Where is everybody tonight? No hot threads...no body getting into an argument. Where is my entertainment? This better not happen tomorrow night. Bevo: get us a good race going again, you did an awesome job last week. However, I realize I need to put fourth a little more effort as well. So...I know you've all been waiting for it...holding your breath at night, keeping your fingers crossed, waking up first thing in the morning to see if it is there. Wait no longer, the moment has arrived! I challenge stockpicker to a debate!
Here are my rules:
1. No circular arguments.
2. No infallible statements.
3. No statistics.
4. General, global sweeping statements are legal and encouraged.
5. Nonspecific slights get bonus points if slyly crafted.
6. No slippery slope.

Stocky: Feel free to add your own rules.

Point of Debate: Second amendment rights.
Crispin's point of debate: There should be no restrictions on firearm access to civilians.
Stocky's point of debate: Restrictions to guns are necessary.

Alternative option: I'll take any debate that involves the medical field.

Participants' rules: Everybody else is encouraged to join in. However, please make a statement at the start of each post on which side you are on. You are allowed to change sides as much as you want.

Opening point from Crispin: The second amendment clearly states, "shall not be infringed." There is no difference between murder with a handgun, murder with a shot gun, and murder with an assault rifle. Putting restrictions of firearms is futile unless we ban all of them. Neither one of us wants to ban all firearms.

Okay, take it away Stocky,

Crispin

Ps. I have to go to bed soon, so don't get carried away without me.

Oh sure make me the bad gun control guy??

How about I'm the guy who believe in a secret government conspiracy robbing us of our god given rights. Then everyone will live me!!

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
0121stockpicker said:

How about I'm the guy who believe in a secret government conspiracy robbing us of our god given rights. Then everyone will live me!!

That's love me.

Ok ill start.

A secret government conspiracy is robbing us of our god given rights. Prove that this is absolutely wrong??

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

O fine, have it your way! Lets reverse the points.
Crispin's new opening statement: The second amendment is designed to ensure that the people of this country cannot be put under a tyrannical despot. Given the area of land this country covers, the success of capitalism, and the expense of the penal system; the government would never benefit from stripping the American people of their rights. Any attempt to put restrictions on guns does little to violate the sanctity of the second amendment and serves to provide an environment that encourages other freedoms without fear of retribution. A balance must be struck.

Okay, take it away stocky,

Crispin

Ps. Still open to any medical debate.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, just answered, got to get some sleep. I will respond further tomorrow.

Reminder to everybody else: Make sure to disclose a side at the start of your post.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Must not be here. We don't actually have a government anymore. Rights, we have no god given rights. You get to work, breathe, eat, crap, die and pay taxes in between. That's about it. I'm still waiting for Obamacare, a study that proves that diet soda is good for you, a Starbucks I can afford and another movie from Al Gore that states that global warning doesn't exist, but wannabe dictators in Washington do...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This could be an interesting thread, especially since there are positive and negative points for each camp. Seeing that I also have to call my side prior to entering the debate made me think a little more. Yes, at times we do have to walk a fine fine, so I placed myself on a curb line that has a deep chasm on each side. One side anti gun, the other pro gun. While walking this thin line I felt myself leaning towards gun ownership to keep balance, so I'll stick with that for now.

I also like the idea that you are able to switch sides. I'm just hoping that you can switch sides by the time you get to write your 2nd paragraph :icon_thumright:

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I am fortifying and closing ranks! wait a minute, I'm actually tearing down walls and scattering, wait a minute I'm..........I, can't, take ...these rules..... no rules... I am.....losing.....my ......."st crispin's day"!!!.......

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

No conspiracy.

They can't balance to budget or keep from putting their foot in their collective mouths when they speak....me thinks you're giving them way more credit than they deserve.....next participant....please step into the ring.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Crisp Medical question (Debatable??) Drug studies, When you get a prescription you receive a read out of all the side effects Well how did they determine these, are people just Ginny pigs for a few $$$ some even say death can occur Did some one die from these.

I once was told to take Plavix a blood thinning slicker I was told that I would have to be on it for life. While being in the hospital I was approached to be in a study After one year I would either receive a plavix or a placebo pill. So I asked if I got a placebo and I died would I be the one they were talking about in the side effects?

I declined and stayed on the slicker, after about 2 months I was prospecting in arz. and got tangled in some devil thorns and almost bled to death.:laughing7: So I started cayenne pepper and via. C. No problems Rainbow blood test are all positive.

So I'm asking are these worth it?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
And Bosn if you want to be biblically technical one should not even write or speak HIS name - to do so is blasphemy. And in sure you probably realize that HIS name is in fact not written in English and the word god is a translation without biblical meaning. You really so bone up on religion 101 before you start correcting people - lest ye be corrected!!

We aren't talking about religion, and we are not talking about being biblically technical, we are talking about how we got our rights, our rights as citizens of the United States of America. Perhaps I'm wrong, but somehow I got the idea that the 2nd amendment is involved in this discussion. So getting back to rights, the Constitution, written by Christian men that believed the PEOPLE have RIGHTS that are NOT granted by the government, but are granted by God. I'm not here to argue about that either, I'm making a statement, which follows: if you don't believe in God, then you must believe that the government grants the people their rights. If God grants a right, then no mere bureaucrat has the authority to take it away, but if the politicians make a law that gives the people a right, then they can and will take it away. I believe God granted our rights, and I'm willing to die for that belief, but I'm not interested in talking or arguing about religion or answering any of your inane questions about mountains. I believe that I have a God given right to be armed, and one way or another I'll take that belief to the grave, and I'm done talking, it's locked and loaded.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on the side of 2nd amendment.
I am an Athiest and believe alot of what Bosnmate is true. I may not believe in a god but I still believe we have the right to bear arms which is given by the Constitition. I guess I am not a sterotypical Athiest who hates all religions and make fun of them, I am just a man who doesn't believe in a god. Simple as that. I beleive people can believe what ever they want to believe.

Guns are our friends and we need them. I hunt ever year and I shoot quite often. I may have an assault rifle but I seem to have lost it, LOL. It just disapeared. Anyways guns might not be liked by a few but I can almost gurantee those people have never shot a gun. I watch the news and they talk about guns and how scary they are, that is because they have never fired one. It is alot of fun and everyone should try it. We should all try something once.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each his own, but I personally have never understood arguing for arguments sake.

If you believe something, and want to speak out against the other side great. To be able to flip from one side to the other, just to get a rise out of someone seems pointless.

There is probably a debate website out there smmewhere.:dontknow:

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
To each his own, but I personally have never understood arguing for arguments sake.

If you believe something, and want to speak out against the other side great. To be able to flip from one side to the other, just to get a rise out of someone seems pointless.

There is probably a debate website out there smmewhere.:dontknow:

It is an intellectual thing...don't worry about it.

We are clearly not trying to get a rise out of anybody. I have explicitly stated the purpose of this thread and narrowly defined the rules. Methinks, the person trying to get a rise of of people is you...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
< wants his cake and to eat it
I think it's a Constitutional right to own guns. However, I'm not all that keen on someone I might anger having a 50 cal machine gun on his car. Or landmines or grenades, or rpg's. So my reading is the Fed has the right to some regulation.
And so far, I don't know of them randomly invading citizens houses to take or even register guns.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
We aren't talking about religion, and we are not talking about being biblically technical, we are talking about how we got our rights, our rights as citizens of the United States of America. Perhaps I'm wrong, but somehow I got the idea that the 2nd amendment is involved in this discussion. So getting back to rights, the Constitution, written by Christian men that believed the PEOPLE have RIGHTS that are NOT granted by the government, but are granted by God. I'm not here to argue about that either, I'm making a statement, which follows: if you don't believe in God, then you must believe that the government grants the people their rights. If God grants a right, then no mere bureaucrat has the authority to take it away, but if the politicians make a law that gives the people a right, then they can and will take it away. I believe God granted our rights, and I'm willing to die for that belief, but I'm not interested in talking or arguing about religion or answering any of your inane questions about mountains. I believe that I have a God given right to be armed, and one way or another I'll take that belief to the grave, and I'm done talking, it's locked and loaded.

Sorry, you do not have to believe in god to believe that rights exist outside of the governments ability to grant them. Being HUMAN gives me basic HUMAN rights. They are not Granted, they are inherent in my being human. I can cede these rights willingly or unwillingly to others or to the government. The government may demand that I forgo a right for the "Greater Good." I then need to decide if that is a society that I wish to continue living in. I can decide if I need to fight against the government for my right. God need not enter into the equation.

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I am on the side of 2nd amendment.
I am an Athiest and believe alot of what Bosnmate is true. I may not believe in a god but I still believe we have the right to bear arms which is given by the Constitition. I guess I am not a sterotypical Athiest who hates all religions and make fun of them, I am just a man who doesn't believe in a god. Simple as that. I beleive people can believe what ever they want to believe.

Guns are our friends and we need them. I hunt ever year and I shoot quite often. I may have an assault rifle but I seem to have lost it, LOL. It just disapeared. Anyways guns might not be liked by a few but I can almost gurantee those people have never shot a gun. I watch the news and they talk about guns and how scary they are, that is because they have never fired one. It is alot of fun and everyone should try it. We should all try something once.

I am also an Atheist. I believe you are wrong. The Constitution does not GIVE us out rights, our rights are the rights we are born with by virtue of our being human. The constitution and the bill of rights were written by men who wished to try to express those rights that people must have in order to live happy and free. It doesn't matter if they were religious or not, it doesn't matter what they believed. They were expressing those rights necessary for humans to exist together and in a state of satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread