Special parking spaces for women with children,what do you think?

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Both of the YMCAs that I frequent have special parking spaces in the front for people with toddlers or young children open from 9:00 to 1:00 p.m. and I think it's absolutely ludicrous! Back in my day there were no such parking spaces for people with young children.we had to haul our huge strollers out of our cars ,pack the kids in and do what we needed to do.No wonder we are a nation of fatties with thinking like this.Don't get me started on special parking spaces for pregnant mothers either,grrr. Since when is being pregnant a handicap????

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Both of the YMCAs that I frequent have special parking spaces in the front for people with toddlers or young children open from 9:00 to 1:00 p.m. and I think it's absolutely ludicrous! Back in my day there were no such parking spaces for people with young children.we had to haul our huge strollers out of our cars ,pack the kids in and do what we needed to do.No wonder we are a nation of fatties with thinking like this.Don't get me started on special parking spaces for pregnant mothers either,grrr. Since when is being pregnant a handicap????

LOL!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about special Parking spaces for being White,
Male, & not in the mood to walk that particular day :headbang:

better yet lets just bring Segregation back.

Give everyone their own spot with their own Bus standing by to bus them
from their car to the front door, where there can be Carried to a little Elecrtric shopping cart,
so nobody needs to use their legs anymore.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about special parking spaces for men over 64 who raised kids that never got into trouble, finished college and out working and who have user name Treasure_ hunter....LOL

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free Valet service at every door Everywhere, could Work.

Give allot of People jobs, as long as they don't hire from the local Chop shop :laughing7:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always park away from the front doors so people who need to be closer can be. In the good old days folks gave up there seats and helped people when needed. Now a days most people are too selfish and living in there own little world to help (or they feel its the gov responsibility). Time to get back to "neighbors helping neighbors, family helping family". Let the gov know we can help ourselves. Just my 2 cents.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wait till they put up the signs in 5 or 6 different languages that say "Everything is free apply here" That will make your day.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
0121stockpicker said:
I always park away from the front doors so people who need to be closer can be. In the good old days folks gave up there seats and helped people when needed. Now a days most people are too selfish and living in there own little world to help (or they feel its the gov responsibility). Time to get back to "neighbors helping neighbors, family helping family". Let the gov know we can help ourselves. Just my 2 cents.

Stockpicker,you are so right. Now I can see leaving spaces for the elderly as a courtesy and walking just a little bit further if I have to ( isn't that why we exercise?)but people with children? Seriously?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's the truth of the matter********** We are becoming a nation that caters to special interest groups and people with PULL.. Look at work. The boss gets the space next to the door and the vice Boss gets the next space, etc,etc. At the store, The group with or almost with babies gets a prime spot. The employee of the month gets there's etc,etc. The truly handicapped space, I can see, but I have seen people run from there cars that were parked there. This isn't just parking though. Now the unemployed can get free high end smart phones and service, and who pays for this? Check out your next phone bill, it is on there. Frank

111-1 profileblk.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beware getting political

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm just glad these special interest parking spaces aren't enforced by the law or I really would be whopping mad.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The Handicapped spaces and fire lanes on private "commercial" are enforced in Maryland. Frank

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm all for parking spaces for women with children...at the very end of the row!
Maybe it will tire out some of those kids by the time they get to the store.

Crispin

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the truth of the matter********** We are becoming a nation that caters to special interest groups and people with PULL.. Look at work. The boss gets the space next to the door and the vice Boss gets the next space, etc,etc. At the store, The group with or almost with babies gets a prime spot. The employee of the month gets there's etc,etc. The truly handicapped space, I can see, but I have seen people run from there cars that were parked there. This isn't just parking though. Now the unemployed can get free high end smart phones and service, and who pays for this? Check out your next phone bill, it is on there. Frank

View attachment 741704

Had some fun with this, A certain captain I worked with said the parking space in front of the overhead door should be his. Now the parking lot did not have any stripes So me and the boys decided to mark our spaces with a line painter We gave him his space except it was 3 ft wide:laughing7: We'd all come in early and fill our spaces. So much for pulling rank. We found a junk bike and gave him a early Birthday present:laughing7:

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Crispin said:
I'm all for parking spaces for women with children...at the very end of the row!

Crispin

Ha! Now that's a good thought Crispin! :-p

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You forgot the special parking spaces for hybrid cars. L.L. Bean has them at least and I am sure there not the only ones.....How about a special parking space for my old dodge? Maybe a diesel only spot? I have been known to leave it running (doors locked of course, I have extra keys) just to keep the heat or ac going. Heck I will even admit to doing it parked next to a prius that had global warming stickers all over it.....just to annoy! Well at least I have thought about it once or twice!!!LOL!:laughing7:

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin

I 100% agree with you...I am so tired of pulling in a spot, and comeing out of the store and seeing 4+ kids piling into a small car and swinging off the doors hitting my door and mirrors..

I have even been sitting in my car and had a lady pull in beside me and her rugrats slung open the door and hit my car hard, and when I said HEY, she got in my face and said " shouldn't of parked so close"...lol I screamed back...listen here old bag, I was parked here and YOU pulled in after me. Im waiting on my wife if you cant keep your brats under control you should of ate then at birth, even the animal kingdom knows better than you...lol Then her wonderful offspring began running all around the parking lot infront of oncoming cars while she was screaming at them to listen...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I 100% agree with you...I am so tired of pulling in a spot, and comeing out of the store and seeing 4+ kids piling into a small car and swinging off the doors hitting my door and mirrors..

I have even been sitting in my car and had a lady pull in beside me and her rugrats slung open the door and hit my car hard, and when I said HEY, she got in my face and said " shouldn't of parked so close"...lol I screamed back...listen here old bag, I was parked here and YOU pulled in after me. Im waiting on my wife if you cant keep your brats under control you should of ate then at birth, even the animal kingdom knows better than you...lol Then her wonderful offspring began running all around the parking lot infront of oncoming cars while she was screaming at them to listen...
Probably was going in to use her ebt card, that we all payed for!:BangHead: This is precisely why I park way away whether I am driving my wifes Honda, my wrangler, or even my ancient old Dodge....people have no respect!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread