Special parking spaces for women with children,what do you think?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Special parking spaces for women with children,what do you think?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Nov 2012
    Nashville
    Minelab x-Terra 505
    6,254
    4872 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

    Special parking spaces for women with children,what do you think?

    Both of the YMCAs that I frequent have special parking spaces in the front for people with toddlers or young children open from 9:00 to 1:00 p.m. and I think it's absolutely ludicrous! Back in my day there were no such parking spaces for people with young children.we had to haul our huge strollers out of our cars ,pack the kids in and do what we needed to do.No wonder we are a nation of fatties with thinking like this.Don't get me started on special parking spaces for pregnant mothers either,grrr. Since when is being pregnant a handicap?
    "What if it's not just another pull tab?" - Lance

    “Fancy some lemonade Lance?” - Sheila

  2. #2

    Jun 2007
    21,332
    13780 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CoilyGirl View Post
    Both of the YMCAs that I frequent have special parking spaces in the front for people with toddlers or young children open from 9:00 to 1:00 p.m. and I think it's absolutely ludicrous! Back in my day there were no such parking spaces for people with young children.we had to haul our huge strollers out of our cars ,pack the kids in and do what we needed to do.No wonder we are a nation of fatties with thinking like this.Don't get me started on special parking spaces for pregnant mothers either,grrr. Since when is being pregnant a handicap?
    LOL!

  3. #3

    Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    68,716
    34020 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    How about special Parking spaces for being White,
    Male, & not in the mood to walk that particular day


    better yet lets just bring Segregation back.

    Give everyone their own spot with their own Bus standing by to bus them
    from their car to the front door, where there can be Carried to a little Elecrtric shopping cart,
    so nobody needs to use their legs anymore.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Feb 15, 2013 at 07:44 AM.

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    37,871
    29983 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    How about special parking spaces for men over 64 who raised kids that never got into trouble, finished college and out working and who have user name Treasure_ hunter....LOL
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

    2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

    Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

    USAF 1967-1971

    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

    No Expiration Date!

  5. #5

    Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    68,716
    34020 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Free Valet service at every door Everywhere, could Work.

    Give allot of People jobs, as long as they don't hire from the local Chop shop

  6. #6
    us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    3,351
    689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I always park away from the front doors so people who need to be closer can be. In the good old days folks gave up there seats and helped people when needed. Now a days most people are too selfish and living in there own little world to help (or they feel its the gov responsibility). Time to get back to "neighbors helping neighbors, family helping family". Let the gov know we can help ourselves. Just my 2 cents.

  7. #7
    us
    onfire

    Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    2,678
    1334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by CoilyGirl View Post
    Both of the YMCAs that I frequent have special parking spaces in the front for people with toddlers or young children open from 9:00 to 1:00 p.m. and I think it's absolutely ludicrous! Back in my day there were no such parking spaces for people with young children.we had to haul our huge strollers out of our cars ,pack the kids in and do what we needed to do.No wonder we are a nation of fatties with thinking like this.Don't get me started on special parking spaces for pregnant mothers either,grrr. Since when is being pregnant a handicap?

    Wait till they put up the signs in 5 or 6 different languages that say "Everything is free apply here" That will make your day.

  8. #8
    us
    Nov 2012
    Nashville
    Minelab x-Terra 505
    6,254
    4872 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0121stockpicker
    I always park away from the front doors so people who need to be closer can be. In the good old days folks gave up there seats and helped people when needed. Now a days most people are too selfish and living in there own little world to help (or they feel its the gov responsibility). Time to get back to "neighbors helping neighbors, family helping family". Let the gov know we can help ourselves. Just my 2 cents.
    Stockpicker,you are so right. Now I can see leaving spaces for the elderly as a courtesy and walking just a little bit further if I have to ( isn't that why we exercise?)but people with children? Seriously?
    "What if it's not just another pull tab?" - Lance

    “Fancy some lemonade Lance?” - Sheila

  9. #9
    us
    I deal in reality

    Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    8,702
    2959 times
    Here's the truth of the matter********** We are becoming a nation that caters to special interest groups and people with PULL.. Look at work. The boss gets the space next to the door and the vice Boss gets the next space, etc,etc. At the store, The group with or almost with babies gets a prime spot. The employee of the month gets there's etc,etc. The truly handicapped space, I can see, but I have seen people run from there cars that were parked there. This isn't just parking though. Now the unemployed can get free high end smart phones and service, and who pays for this? Check out your next phone bill, it is on there. Frank

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profileblk.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	277.6 KB 
ID:	741704

  10. #10

    Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    68,716
    34020 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    beware getting political

  11. #11
    us
    Nov 2012
    Nashville
    Minelab x-Terra 505
    6,254
    4872 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    I'm just glad these special interest parking spaces aren't enforced by the law or I really would be whopping mad.
    "What if it's not just another pull tab?" - Lance

    “Fancy some lemonade Lance?” - Sheila

  12. #12
    us
    I deal in reality

    Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    8,702
    2959 times
    The Handicapped spaces and fire lanes on private "commercial" are enforced in Maryland. Frank

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profilecracked.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	718.5 KB 
ID:	742675

  13. #13
    us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
    3,574
    2852 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    I'm all for parking spaces for women with children...at the very end of the row!
    Maybe it will tire out some of those kids by the time they get to the store.

    Crispin
    dieselram94 likes this.

  14. #14
    us
    onfire

    Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    2,678
    1334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankn View Post
    Here's the truth of the matter********** We are becoming a nation that caters to special interest groups and people with PULL.. Look at work. The boss gets the space next to the door and the vice Boss gets the next space, etc,etc. At the store, The group with or almost with babies gets a prime spot. The employee of the month gets there's etc,etc. The truly handicapped space, I can see, but I have seen people run from there cars that were parked there. This isn't just parking though. Now the unemployed can get free high end smart phones and service, and who pays for this? Check out your next phone bill, it is on there. Frank

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profileblk.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	277.6 KB 
ID:	741704
    Had some fun with this, A certain captain I worked with said the parking space in front of the overhead door should be his. Now the parking lot did not have any stripes So me and the boys decided to mark our spaces with a line painter We gave him his space except it was 3 ft wide We'd all come in early and fill our spaces. So much for pulling rank. We found a junk bike and gave him a early Birthday present

  15. #15
    us
    Nov 2012
    Nashville
    Minelab x-Terra 505
    6,254
    4872 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin
    I'm all for parking spaces for women with children...at the very end of the row!
    Maybe it will tire out some of those kids by the time they get to the store.

    Crispin
    Ha! Now that's a good thought Crispin! :-p
    "What if it's not just another pull tab?" - Lance

    “Fancy some lemonade Lance?” - Sheila

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2013, 07:04 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 20, 2010, 09:51 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2009, 11:12 PM
  4. http://spaces.msn.com/ecuadorgold/
    By goldendawn in forum Commercial Links
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 31, 2006, 09:17 PM
  5. Treasure Map with no blank spaces
    By Cablava in forum Shipwrecks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jan 24, 2006, 11:29 PM

Search tags for this page

parking spaces women with children

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0