Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: SURVIVING THE ALMOST UNSURVIVABLE*********

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    It's just like"Did you find the cache". LOL FrankClick image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profileRED.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	314.9 KB 
ID:	743628

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    Ok here's another of my almost checked out events. Now I must mention here that I have raced SCCA sanctioned sportscars races on the track and done a lot of rallies on the road in MD, PA and VA.
    I have a '98 Isuzu hombra pickup that I drive. It is a rebagded Chevy S10. There is a flaw in the brake system that leaves you without breaks that has never been recalled. There is a dual master cylinder that separates the system into two parts. if one leaks, you still have the other to stop you. The problem is that the anti-lock brake system actually connects the two and negates the separation. I found this out after replacing the master cylinder and the rusted thru line.

The event. Me traveling down a steep hill at 50MPH, 1 lane each way, following another pickup and car about 100 yards in front of me. I usually follow way back for protection. The car suddenly decides to turn left, but a car is coming the other way. I hit the brakes and the peddle hits the floor with no pump recovery. I am bearing down on the pickup with two choices. 1- hit the pickup and die or 2- try to squeeze between the pickup and a split-rail on the grass. No real choice I guess cause I really don't want to checkout. I figured there was app. 6" of clearance. As you have already guessed, I made it thru. The best part was without a scratch, not even on the rear view mirrors which I had already chalked off in my mine. As I have mentioned before, someone up there is watching over me. Frank

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111-1 profileblk.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	277.6 KB 
ID:	744238
    Last edited by Frankn; Feb 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

us
    Voice of Reason?

Nov 2012
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    908 times
    Guns kill people, and people kill people. We can only hope to control both.
    I spent the 1990's and early 2000's teaching in South Central Los Angeles. Some call that dangerous, I didn't mind too much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links