Doc. said my daughter had ADHD. and was depressed...?

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years back her teacher called home and said she was being unruly in class and wound not calm down or listen. So I did what most parents would do, made a doctor app. after talking with her and not understanding what was going on. Doc. said ...YEP I got a hand full of pills for that and sent us on our way...Thinking the Doc. was right we tried that for a few months, with no change..

So I got a hair up my ass and started to change things around the house...

Now keep in mind I live off the land and grow my own food and meat, I was raised that way and will always live that way but the wife talked me into being easy with the kids..and slowly took my way of life out of there way of life, they would eat junk food and candy and pop and such, and watches tv a lot, video games and cell phones all day long, most time never leaving their rooms...now back to how this all played out...

I cut the cable, and ONLY allowed netflix to be used, cell phones would only be used if leaving the house for something and no more pop in the house. To some of you this sounds harsh, but things started to change, the kids seemed happier...with out those distraction they interacted with me and mom more and wanted to know what I was doing out side all the time..lol

They became involved, so I took all pills from her and let it ride a month...teacher called again saying, pills are working but I think you need to up the dose...( you got to be kidding )...so I took all box cereal out of the house and only allowed eggs and oatmeal, and things like that before school, only allowed water, milk and juice in the house from this point forward.

Wife was NOT happy with this and I could tell but, she liked all the junk food and such..but I tried this for another month or so and guess what...the teacher called again and said, WE found the right dose, and told me how proud she was of her and how she has changed for the best...lol

To this day, that teacher has no clue she wasn't on the pills, only that she was a completely new person...

If you take away the sugar, kids will be able to focus...take away the distractions and they will listen, get them outside in the SUN away from the TV and video games and cell phones and facebook,and their rooms, there is no more depression.

The meaning of posting my daughters issues here is to show....WE as a whole are losing the path, of the way of life we at one time lived and if your not willing to change then there is no hope.

Who knows what pills she might be on now if I didn't put my foot down and DO THE RIGHT THING..she might of went off her rocker some day and something might of happened, who knows...

So for the people that say I am WRONG and people are born this way, truly have no clue, it is common since to know the body doesn't need ANY of that crap to live right. Your body WILL react to what ever you shove in your mouth, no matter if you believe it or not....God bless you all

Last edited:
OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To anyone out there that have been told that there kid has ADD,ADHD, or Depression

PLEASE take the time and adjust their Diet, it takes a little work...but it is a fact, things will change in your child's, mood, behavior and all around out look on life.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story. Being somewhat older I have a different history. For instance I don't remember kids in school class running around acting nuts. Everyone I knew ate peanut butter and I never heard of any reaction to it. Now so many kids get diagnosed with all these new (to me) problems. So like a good detective I ask, what has changed. Take peanut butter. Has something changed about how peanuts are grown? Something new to the soil? Could hyper activity be linked to TV?
I think something's different. No one in any industry is going to tell us if they know what it might be and it might cost them but I think you're on to a possibility.
There would still be using DDT up and down our streets if the information about it was left to the industries.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hvacker said:
Great story. Being somewhat older I have a different history. For instance I don't remember kids in school class running around acting nuts. Everyone I knew ate peanut butter and I never heard of any reaction to it. Now so many kids get diagnosed with all these new (to me) problems. So like a good detective I ask, what has changed. Take peanut butter. Has something changed about how peanuts are grown? Something new to the soil? Could hyper activity be linked to TV?
I think something's different. No one in any industry is going to tell us if they know what it might be and it might cost them but I think you're on to a possibility.
There would still be using DDT up and down our streets if the information about it was left to the industries.

My daughter has a peanut allergy and I has to admit that I am definitely no conspiracy nut at all but I have never been given a good explanation for all these allergies now a days?

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well the things they spray ANY crop with now days isnt good, a lot of it is to change the bugs to female so they wont breed more bugs, the G.M.O. and changing the strains of crops to repel bugs has never had any long term studies either...but think about it, back in the day kids couldnt get their hands on this much sugar..period...let alone all the other things mixed with the food..peace

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter has a peanut allergy and I has to admit that I am definitely no conspiracy nut at all but I have never been given a good explanation for all these allergies now a days?

The human body is an amazing thing...it will reject and or react to what is put in it in many ways trying to keep you alive.. when the food has been changed the body will not adapt it will fight back..

Last edited:

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent thread. Good to see some parents are aware of the junk food effect. Wife and I try to purchase only organically grown food, but it is difficult to find everything you need to prepare a meal. Lack of junk food has helped us feel better.

Could I be so bold as to suggest that a large part of our low standing in school grades compared to other industrialized nations is bad diet? Next may well be that damned television! Kids act goofy to be just like the role models on TV. Kids want to eat the junk fad food advertised in TV.

M

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent thread. Good to see some parents are aware of the junk food effect. Wife and I try to purchase only organically grown food, but it is difficult to find everything you need to prepare a meal. Lack of junk food has helped us feel better.

Could I be so bold as to suggest that a large part of our low standing in school grades compared to other industrialized nations is bad diet? Next may well be that damned television! Kids act goofy to be just like the role models on TV. Kids want to eat the junk fad food advertised in TV.

M

For a few years I thought I was the only one who seen this and wanted it to change....Iv had so many parents attack me when they ask how I got my kids all straightened out...they look at me like im starving them, just cause none of us are fat like so many others are...so I ask them how often do you go out side and do something with them, and most just said...WE aint missing our shows on tv and we have movie night....while there sucking down sugar water and cramming sugar and garbage in the face. Ignorance is bliss...this is true

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm certain that the USA is a top contender for the fattest school kids on the planet. Of course they turn into unhealthy adults who put a strain on the already stretched health care system.

M

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm certain that the USA is a top contender for the fattest school kids on the planet. Of course they turn into unhealthy adults who put a strain on the already stretched health care system.

M

BINGO and with that, they raise there kids the same way thinking nothing is wrong with it cause TV says.....here eat this crap and drink this stuff, and you know you need all this other stuff you dont...but that is the NEW America we live in today, while most look at us like we are CRAZY...lol

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Although I don't think junk food alone is the problem, I think you on to something here. Nice post.

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I don't think junk food alone is the problem, I think you on to something here. Nice post.

If you cant or wont control the food you bring into the house, your children learn from their parents for daily living, so if that isnt right, nothing much else will make since. Kids are not gonna be fat and active..or calm and jacked up on sugar. If you take away TV and there not active, there just be bored and eat more. It truly does start at home with the food..

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did you also get her interested in metal detecting ? good exercise, fresh air etc

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember some years ago little boys in Porto Rico were growing breasts. Turns out chickens were being given so many hormones it affected their kids.
I wasn't going to put in a garden this year. Too much work and it seems I can only grow cactus. Me thinks I changed my mind.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Watch the movie "Super size me"you'll find out what living on garbage(mcdonalds,wendies,burgerking etc etc)can do to you.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember when we ran wild till dark playing some simple games. Now even with my granddaughter playing outside the house. it's scary with all the pedophiles, abductions etc. Living in the city is different then let them play on several acres.
Reading a label on most foods. The main ingredient is the first word. Take pomegranate juice for example it's the last word. So who can tell whats in there.

Super size me is every guy's dream:laughing7:

OP
OP
B1u3Dr4g0n1

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember when we ran wild till dark playing some simple games. Now even with my granddaughter playing outside the house. it's scary with all the pedophiles, abductions etc. Living in the city is different then let them play on several acres.
Reading a label on most foods. The main ingredient is the first word. Take pomegranate juice for example it's the last word. So who can tell whats in there.

Super size me is every guy's dream:laughing7:

A lot of those issues were back in the day, but what is different is we know they are there now...and back then your neighbor cared and would keep an eye out, just like you would for them ...but not now days....its leave me alone, dont look over here and mind your own damn business..lol or atleast that is what I have came across..me me me , mine mine mine is the new way of this place...just like kids getting arrested for drawing a gun or making a gun from paper..lol Teachers dont even do the right thing anymore.....I bet them teaches that messed up those childrens lives drive home thinking: What is this world coming to..kids drawing guns and making gestures, what do they think, they can play, parents need to sit them down infront of the TV, kids are to be seen and not heard:....while wondering what they will order next on the internet.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
just like kids getting arrested for drawing a gun or making a gun from paper..lol Teachers dont even do the right thing anymore.....I bet them teaches that messed up those childrens lives drive home thinking: What is this world coming to..kids drawing guns and making gestures, what do they think, they can play,

The teachers would of hated me if I were in school today.Theres no telling how many reports I did on firearms,history of firearms etc.Its not school anymore,its indoctrination.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bluedragon, I don't know a kid that ain't, to some degree, adhd, hyperactive, or just got plain ole' ants-in-the-pants! LOL!
That's part of being a kid.
What most don't have today, is parents that take active and interactive roles in their kids lives. They have tv and video babysitters, schools to "teach" them, and daycare camps, so mom and dads can do their own things.
If YOU are not the one instilling, directing, and molding your kids mind in learning, thinking, and behavior, TRUST ME,
someone else is!

RJC, after I dropped outta 9th grade, the principal (with me still lacking non-acedemic hours) said, "let her go on to highschool, we can't take no more of her here"! :laughing7: High school didn't last 1 quarter either.
Funny though, I did go on to win my local college two 1st place awards in DECA and placed 6th in the nation. School majorly was cutting in to my money making time and doing of things! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread