Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey USA Gold is that Olympic gold? Haha I love to watch the swimming, the water polo and of course beach volleyball. Every once in awhile an athlete is just born into a sport. I'll never forget watching Mark Spitz and his what 7 gold medals? And then this freak named Phelps comes along, what a swimmer! I met Ryan Lochte. He was a pretty cool laid back guy. Welcome to the board!!!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to say,

That since my first post on this thread,
Back in Feb. 2013,

I've made many Friends, and I suppose some enemies.

I've tried to work through any problems with Folks I may have pissed off.

Either their misunderstanding of my humor or me just being an a hole,

I hope that all will consider me as their Friend...

My First post on this thread:

I do not worry because I do not rely on government handouts;
The government has progressed from a necessary evil to just an evil.

Add me to the list.

Scott

"Denique cum ueritas nota
Justus sit vindicata."

"When the Truth is finally known,
The righteous will be vindicated."©(Scott-2016)

In the musical affirmation of the thread starter,
I offer....

Hope all have been well.....

Halloween's coming.
Got your "Scare" planned?

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

Your contribution and friendship on this thread has been appreciated....keep the posts coming.

Regards + HH

Bill

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, my Friend,

Next time that you connect with Mr. C,

Please mention my desire to discuss any issue of life, love or philosophy.

By PM if desired.

Give our Friend my Best Wishes, :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of a reply by me to a PM about disadvantaged kids, Camps, Camping, Adventures and Treasure with a fellow T-Net member.....
Words that I would tell to all of my Friends....

Friend,

I know of volunteering.

I helped build a home for a Vet with Habitat For Humanity.
I've done College research projects concerning donations that resulted in hundreds of dollars for the local Animal shelter, and got me an A in the course.

I volunteered to repair medical equipment for a non-profit and received the "Volunteer of the Year" award and met Congressman Doug Collins who has helped me since with other issues.

When you WANT to make a difference,

You will...

I gave a link to the Boy Scout Troop in his Hometown...

Can anyone else help with some info or ideas?

My Friend is also in Georgia.

Thanks!

Scott

Perhaps too far to travel?

http://eagleranch.org/

I'm looking into this....

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Say, Thelma, here's another dime for the juke box.
Play your favorite song and I'll get us on the pool table!

Ah! The days of yesterday....

But, DIG!
I can still shoot pool....

"It's all about geometry, you see..."

DEPUTY_FIFE_400x400.jpg

"'Cause Ive studied History." :tongue3:

Best,

Scott

As a side note, I told someone today that I was a College Graduate and that I'm expected now to think. :tongue3:

T'was all in fun with a good Friend!

A Wurlitzer Juke box?

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

Most of my education was self taught by the school of hard knocks....during my working career I was involved in giving an in house marketing course to fellow employees.

I had put together some real life case studies as handouts during the course....many of the attendees had MBA educations, I told them that's fine it gives you a good grounding in understanding the business world.

However, in the real world things don't always work out as per the textbook case studies, it's time to take off the training wheels and learn to think on your feet.

Many years later I still contend that advice is still solid, something to keep in mind going forward regardless or your field of study or profession.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

Most of my education was self taught by the school of hard knocks....during my working career I was involved in giving an in house marketing course to fellow employees.

I had put together some real life case studies as handouts during the course....many of the attendees had MBA educations, I told them that's fine it gives you a good grounding in understanding the business world.

However, in the real world things don't always work out as per the textbook case studies, it's time to take off the training wheels and learn to think on your feet.

Many years later I still contend that advice is still solid, something to keep in mind going forward regardless or your field of study or profession.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill, my Friend,

Can anything compete with wisdom learned through age?

Be well and have a Great Weekend!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, hopefully tomorrow is the big day!!! Lol! Here we go again, I have a verbal agreement on the purchase of this sailboat. A 23' American Mariner with a nice galvanized dual axle trailer. I believe he will keep his word... I finalized my purchase of a mooring in the local harbor today, and have contacted a local diver to do the biannual inspection. I am really excited to learn to sail! Unfortunately the local wooden boat building and sailing school is closed to lessons now that fall is quickly approaching. But that's ok, in the spring my son and I will take lessons together. I don't think it'll be hard for me to learn...
12cff29db26dd986832454b119ba165c.jpg

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!

Been a long week!
Feel me?

Yeah!
Time to relax. Ya know? The weekend!

Time to cut the grass and other chores around the house before Fall Season. :thumbsup:

And Domestic responsibilities like laundry, dishes, ad infinitum....

Thank goodness for the weekend for a guy to relax!

Sheesh!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Oh yeah! Let's have us a time, shall we?

Hope all in Cajun country Louisiana are SAFE!

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK.

The next time I visit the mountains, I will take my guitar, write a song and post a video.

That's not too much, is it?

I've got an antique ipod and can load tunes....I think...:icon_scratch:

What songs would you want in the wilderness as inspiration to write music?

Or perhaps this...

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I mention a house re keying job for the Niece of my Friend of the Wine and Cheese shop this weekend?

I see a bottle of fine Portuguese hearty Rose soon coming to me! :thumbsup:

Y'all have a great weekend!
(Monday will soon be here....)

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Scott, I bet you could write a awesome song with that background!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Woo hoo!!! I made it home!!! I got the boat for a great price!! From a great guy! I picked it up inside the Portsmouth naval shipyard...that place was cool!!!
My son and I are very excited!!
The boat is in great shape, mostly needs to be buffed to a shine!! Trailer is awesome with four brand new rims, tires and bearing buddys and its galvanized. Most of them around here strangely enough are painted steel and as a result are rust buckets. The sails are great, interior is a dated color but in good shape with recovered cushions. Now I'm waiting to see what the mooring inspection comes back as next week when the diver checks it and certifies it. Hopefully it's in great shape under water. Only the diver can see that though.

Here's a pic before we pulled it out of the water today...
6a53c77f32d9e741ca5757fa018dd4b4.jpg

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dram that is AWESOME BRO! Wish I was with you guys! Hey my truck has been at Ford for 3 days. My a/c went out. Needed parts ordered them, wrong parts. Aggravating but they gave me a basic 2016 F150 loaner. I told them I'm such a good customer they should have loaned me a Mustang GT! Hopefully I'll get my truck back Monday. Good job on that sailboat bro!!!!!!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dram that is AWESOME BRO! Wish I was with you guys! Hey my truck has been at Ford for 3 days. My a/c went out. Needed parts ordered them, wrong parts. Aggravating but they gave me a basic 2016 F150 loaner. I told them I'm such a good customer they should have loaned me a Mustang GT! Hopefully I'll get my truck back Monday. Good job on that sailboat bro!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! I hope you get your truck back soon!! I hate being without my usual vehicle. That f150 is definitely a step down from your super duty!!!

I'm really impressed with how it towed as well, barely could feel it behind my truck. I feel very blessed to have gotten this boat. It will look awesome when it goes in the water next spring!!
My buffing wheel is calling! Lol

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...

Our weekend is nearly over, what have been the results?

Well,
For ole Scotty,

I got laundry done. Some dishes, too... but no grass cutting; Rained off and on all weekend.

I did the house re-keying (a total of 7 locks) and thus spread my expertise and potential future possibilities...:thumbsup:

AND!

Remember the "Cold War Veteran" tag that I have been in communication with a Senator about?

Got a reply!
(Keep in mind that Government works slowly....)

Scott,
I wanted to follow-up on this with you. In order to have a tag like this, it would
require legislation. I have asked my staff to do some extensive research on the viability
of having this type of license plate and will look to see their findings. I appreciate
you reaching out as this has brought something to my attention. If I can be of further
assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Kind regards,

Butch Miller
Senator, District 49
Governor's Floor Leader
115 State Capitol
Atlanta, GA 30334
404-656-7454

Here's an idea...
How many of you will contact my Senate representative on my behalf of this issue that I bring for myself and
MANY other Vets Nationwide?

(Info provided)

How about YOUR Senate Representative for similar legislation?

Best Wishes, Always,

Scott

Oops!

I hope this post is not too.... "Political."

I intended it as how things get done. By Work! And with the help of Friends with similar ideals....:thumbsup:

Hope that no "thin-skinned" person was offended by this post...:laughing7:

http://www.senate.ga.gov/senators/en-US/member.aspx?Member=719

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread