Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be honored to join the list 100%. I would be pleased to offer my services as "culinary advisor" if the group would like? Would it also be ok if my trusty Northern Ontario hybrid "Wasaya" joins the official mascot list as well? Wasaya, like myself, has no fear of a government takeover.
rsz_1rsz_1rsz_100_1479.jpg Saya altered.JPG

Attachments

• Saya & Blu March 2010 030.jpg
    Saya & Blu March 2010 030.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 150

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my advice, so take it for what it's worth. You want a cool name, but one that also strikes fear into them

Today, who is more feared than the REPOMAN Nothing strikes fear into one knowing that repoman is out there and coming for your goods.

Really
Energetic
People
Organized
Mainly
Against
Nincompoops

That, and the repoman does like to hide in shadows :tongue3:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vote we go with Crispin's critters. Long live CC!
I like being known as the critters as opposed to being called the plugs. Something just not wholesome about the plugs!!
Yeh for whatever reason I just am not a fan of the word plug.
Stocky, for me, I lurked around too much Regretsy, the "plug thing" has some weird connotations for me, too! :laughing7:
I only liked it casue it had Sparts name in it, made me think of spark plugs.

< has 50k to invest in something
I'm working on a deal RIGHT NOW, well ok, in my head I'm working on it. :laughing7:
How would everyone like a wintertime retreat in South Florida? Kinda like where we could hold our conventions? Plus beach detecting and bikini watch for ya! :laughing7: (actually I am serious about that. I'm gonna pull it all together, once I return to Florida)

eta: oh backstrap, I think ya dog is still waitin for his beer. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Stocky, for me, I lurked around too much Regretsy, the "plug thing" has some weird connotations for me, too! :laughing7:
I only liked it casue it had Sparts name in it, made me think of spark plugs.

I'm working on a deal RIGHT NOW, well ok, in my head I'm working on it. :laughing7:
How would everyone like a wintertime retreat in South Florida? Kinda like where we could hold our conventions? Plus beach detecting and bikini watch for ya! :laughing7: (actually I am serious about that. I'm gonna pull it all together, once I return to Florida)

eta: oh backstrap, I think ya dog is still waitin for his beer. :laughing7:

HA! CATS RULE... dogs drool!

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like the majority wants to go with Crispin's Critters, so Crispin's Critters it is. I have a few announcements: Stockpicker has resigned from his post as Secretary of War and has taken up the position of Minister in Skepticism. G.I.B has been selected to replace him as Secretary of War. BackBacon has been appointed Chief Chef and culinary advisor. I would also like to welcome Wasaya as third mascot. Jeff-Gordon has been appointed Ambassador to NASCAR.

Updated list:

Crispin
Rebel -KGC
Bill from Lachine
Big Bird (the yellow one)
Jeff-Gordon's anonymous friend
JerseyBen
1/2 of RelevantChair
Barb alias Squiggy
0121StockPicker
BosnMate
BBcamay
Davest
G.I.B.
Lakedweller
Pat-tekker-cat
BackBacon

Mascot List: Eva, Squiggy, and Wasaya.

Who is next? Plenty of room at the table, Backbacon to provide the menu.

Crispin

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crispin you spelled gov funny on thread title. Sorry.

Crispins conference of calm.

Huh, I wish I could say something witty like "It was a tribute to Jules Verne" or "I was trying to be ironic." Truth is...I just typed it wrong. If I remember correctly I had a lot of adrenalin pumping at the time I started the list. I do not proofread as well when I'm pumped up.

Crispin

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Do we have any other thoughts? We need a name. And beyond not believing out government is going to kill it all we need some other beliefs.

Nonpartisan
Nondenominational
Pro truth
Pro skepticism and rational thinking
Etc etc

These look great to me! I also think we need a motto...
"We are inclined to reserve all judgments."

Any other suggestions?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
As the new secretary of war I declare an unrestricted campaign against local invaders along the west coast of Florida.

These worthy adversaires will face the mother of all battles as we aggressively attack and consume the evil invaders known as the 'Florida Bay Scallop'. These invaders will stand no chance against the Crispy Critter army!

ATTACK!

The spot.jpg

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like the majority wants to go with Crispin's Critters, so Crispin's Critters it is. I have a few announcements: Stockpicker has resigned from his post as Secretary of War and has taken up the position of Minister in Skepticism. G.I.B has been selected to replace him as Secretary of War. BackBacon has been appointed Chief Chef and culinary advisor. I would also like to welcome Wasaya as third mascot. Jeff-Gordon has been appointed Ambassador to NASCAR.

Updated list:

Crispin
Rebel -KGC
Bill from Lachine
Big Bird (the yellow one)
Jeff-Gordon's anonymous friend
JerseyBen
1/2 of RelevantChair
Barb alias Squiggy
0121StockPicker
BosnMate
BBcamay
Davest
G.I.B.
Lakedweller
Pat-tekker-cat
BackBacon

Mascot List: Eva, Squiggy, and Wasaya.

Who is next? Plenty of room at the table, Backbacon to provide the menu.

Crispin

How do "Big Bird (the yellow one)" and "Jeff-Gordon's anonymous friend" outrank me? Why is stockpicker so low on the list?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
How do "Big Bird (the yellow one)" and "Jeff-Gordon's anonymous friend" outrank me? Why is stockpicker so low on the list?

Rank was decided purely as when people signed up for the list. StockPicker had to study the market, weight his options, and then make a decision. I admit that I am scared about the rank of Big Bird (the yellow one) and JG's anonymous friend. We are on our third Vice President already. If something happens to Bill then that makes Big Bird (the yellow one) VP...a terrifying thought.

On the bright side...once we get 24 members on the list JG is going to voluntarily demote himself to number 24 and you will move up a spot. If you talk to Big Bird (the yellow one) he/she might agree to a voluntary demotion. Given the chain of command...it might not be a bad idea.

Crispin

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
As the new secretary of war I declare an unrestricted campaign against local invaders along the west coast of Florida.

These worthy adversaires will face the mother of all battles as we aggressively attack and consume the evil invaders known as the 'Florida Bay Scallop'. These invaders will stand no chance against the Crispy Critter army!

ATTACK!

View attachment 745903

What about PETA...?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
As ONE of your Spiritual Advisers, can I offer up a PRAYER... or is THAT too "Religion" for you...? I am "talking" about SPIRITUALITY, here; INTERFAITH. Or... do we just meditate & chant mysterious words of ENCOURAGEMENT...?

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jb,

Maybe we could convince Spart to join....give him the title Secretary of Comedy....lol.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOW! On a SERIOUS note... "C", YOU are PREZ; group is named as the "C" Critters. Isn't THAT a "conflict of interest"...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread