Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Three more hints and that is it. No guesses over pm, I am bound my secrecy.
1. The patient breathes oxygen.
2. The pt. is pro 2nd amendment.
3. The pt. is not worried about a government takeover.

Okay, that's it, my lips are sealed from here on out. Eva and I are calling it an evening.

Night all,
Crisp and Eva

I'm thinking.... Ted Nugent? He seems to fit all the criteria? Did another case of "Cat Scratch Fever" surface?
Pownall_Ron_063_Ted_Nugent_73.jpg

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Kevin.... I'm partaking in a couple very flavorful exports from the great state of Colorado this evening:occasion14: Rampant Imperial India Pale Ale Brewed by "New Belgium Brewing":icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft: Wow... I've had their IPA (Ranger IPA) before but their IIPA (Rampant) just brings a new level of Hoptasticness (patent pending on term) to the table.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Good Evening All,

Eva and I are exhasuted. We completed our consult and are taking an early flight out tomorrow morning. Does anybody have any idea how hard it is to get a pint of Guinness on an airplane? they confiscated mine at security, I couldn't find any after security, and three separate flight attendants told me it was not available for purchase. I tried to explain that it was Friday night and I deserved my Guinness, but nobody was listening. In retaliation I took Eva out of her bag and let the kids sitting next to me play with her. They told me that only service dogs could be out of their bags...I pulled out my MD license and explained she was a therapy dog. After that the flight attendants wanted to play with her too. Got some good pics I will post when I get back home.

By the way, no signs of a government takeover...still nothing to be worried about.

Crispin

AGREE! Wife & I took a train up & back to DC for a day from Lynchburg, Va. on first day of Spring... HA! Dang Yankee Ground Hog should be SHOT! It was nice, except for COLD wind blowing. Saw MLK statue, Native American History Blg, TJ Mem., Lincoln Mem., WH, Capitol... (Tour bus); was "casing the "Joint" for NEXT trip up & back. NO US Gov't "take-over" indicated; if y'all go for "gun rally" on May 23rd; DO NOT CCW!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kevin.... I'm partaking in a couple very flavorful exports from the great state of Colorado this evening:occasion14: Rampant Imperial India Pale Ale Brewed by "New Belgium Brewing":icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft: Wow... I've had their IPA (Ranger IPA) before but their IIPA (Rampant) just brings a new level of Hoptasticness (patent pending on term) to the table.

...great to see you continue your malty adventures and support our local craft brewers :)

My American honey cream ale has been transferred to secondary fermentation and will likely go in the bottles on Thursday evening. Looking forward to that first taste as I bottle!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kevin/Chris,

I also home brew however I use semi concentrated kits in large plastic bags......4 week kits and about 7/10 days in the bottle to get the fizz about right.....beats the generic commercial stuff by a country mile.

Regards + HH

Bill

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Occasional brew parties at a buddies. The brewmiester in charge now grows his own hops.
I make wine on occasion. Dandelion season coming up!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are they still in the sealed cans that look like giant sardine cans with a twist key opener? Those cans contained 600 rounds and were packed in slings. Not sure how many rounds per sling. I could look at mine. Don't think they have the black tip coding. Just ordinary full metal jacket.

M

no, mine are in boxes 20 cartridges to a box. they are marked St. Louis

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Black tip is armor piercing Jeff.

.30-06 Military Cartridge Nomenclature and Markings

The correct name for the most common military .30-06 cartridge is the "Ball, caliber 30, M2". This is the "regular" rifle round. However, there were many loads made for various military purposes, usually identifed by colored markings on the bullet tips. Here is a partial list of some of the more common ones:
Purpose Tip Color
Armor Piercing Black
Tracer Red or Orange
AP/Incendiary Silver

Blank rounds for launching grenades and for ceremonies were also made to chamber in the .30-06 firearms as well as gallery or dummy rounds for training purposes. The dummy rounds had fluted cases or holes or both to identify them. Blanks had crimped tops. Some of the many types of rounds were called M2, same as the Ball ammo, but others had their own model numbers.

In addition to these basic categories, there are many varieties and subtle changes within the U.S. military loads for .30-06. Consult one of the very detailed books for web sites for experienced collectors for more information.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dad tried armor piercing on a leaf spring. Spring won. heavy but if you needed a suit....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, RJC. They didn't have bullet proof vests back then did they? What armor did they pierce?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wonder if they are legal to own?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
check your state laws Jeff

Posted by Sebastian in Guns, Law | 8 comments
Armor Piercing Ammo

The regulations on armor piercing ammo are among the strangest of the federal firearms regulations. The first is that AP ammo is rather odd in its definition. The ATF defines it as handgun ammunition, but there’s a catch. If any handgun has ever been made in a specific caliber, then ATF considers that the AP ammo regulations then apply to that caliber. That’s why you can’t buy AP ammo for cartridges like 7.62×39 and several others. The 5.56x45NATO is specifically exempted from this, even though there are pistols made for it.

It’s perfectly legal to possess, purchase, sell or shoot armor piercing ammunition. It’s not legal to manufacture or import armor piercing ammunition.

In order to manufacture AP rounds, you have to hold a type 10 FFL (18 USC sec. 922(a)(7)). In order to import AP rounds, you have to hold a type 11 FFL (18 USC sec. 922(a)(7)). If you hold either one of these FFLs, it’s not legal to sell or export AP rounds, except to military, law enforcement (18 USC sec. 922(a)(8)). In addition, if you hold a type 06-08 FFL (manufactures of firearms, importers of firearms, manufactures of ammunition), then you also my not sell AP rounds to the general public.

For regular type 01-03 FFL holders, you may sell or deliver AP ammunition, but it must be entered into the Acquisition and Disposition Record (bound book). So if you have any AP rounds in your possession, that’s ok. But it’s been illegal to manufacture or import new ammunition that’s transferable to ordinary citizens for quite some time, and for the most part, it’s generally unavailable, and certainly not in any significant quantity for most calibers.

Of course, there are also various state restrictions. Pennsylvania prohibits KTW ammunition. NJ and NY have additional restrictions on AP ammo.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Best Wishes to all for a productive and great week ahead! :thumbsup:

Scott

A bit more about this song.....

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, RJC. They didn't have bullet proof vests back then did they? What armor did they pierce?

No problem Jeff.They had vests back in the 1930s,ww2 they had flak jackets.Probably mild armor steel plate,armored cars,half tracks etc. 1/4 inch to probably 1/2 inch

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody mention the "Motor City Madman?"

Best,

Scott​

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Red, I was out shooting my 10/22 today and the two little screws that hold the scope on have come loose. Scope wiggles some, so I guess I will remove scope and tighten screws. I thought about a very tiny drop of locktight (blue) but I am reluctant to do that. What do you think?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah diesel go ahead,I had to do that to the sight elevation screw on my .357.Either that if the screw is big enough use some plumbers teflon thread tape.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red, I was out shooting my 10/22 today and the two little screws that hold the scope on have come loose. Scope wiggles some, so I guess I will remove scope and tighten screws. I thought about a very tiny drop of locktight (blue) but I am reluctant to do that. What do you think?

Friend,
Not to impose upon discussions,
But a possible solution would be to drill and tap holding nuts or re-thread the screws......
Yes, this is labor intensive, but such a fine skill to know :thumbsup:

Adaptability is why I fear not....

Your Friend,

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread