Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you guys are OK. Teeth, knees, shoulders...TGF's grandson, Scott's birthday...:laughing7:Happy birthday Scotty!!:headbang:
I hope you guys heal fast!

Crippled critters.... :laughing7: ... :tongue3:
Me? I get needles stuck in/under my eye(s). Then 20 minutes of laser treatments. Sucks. The joy of being a diabetic for 40 years.
I just completed a mobile home that has a two room edition. Everything is new from the laminate flooring to the ceiling. New cabinets/appliances. New insulation and Sheetrock. All new windows, decks, roof, tub shower, air assist flush toilets. (WHOOOOSH!!) Ductless heatpump...also air conditioning. Every light fixture switch outlet is new. It is right next to the 1979 double wide (don't say a @!#$%&* ing thing!:laughing7: That was put here by (new) by my wife's grandparents...is getting demoed. The property has been owned by my wife's family for 50+ years. I get to take this place down. Inside... Viking destruction...outside heavy equipment!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My front two teeth were impacted in gym class many years ago, this caused resorption to occur. Implant dr office told me I may need bone grafts and if so the doctor may or may not place implant at same time as tooth removal. I'll say one thing though, if I put any pressure on the gum line (say from wiping mouth) above that tooth it gives me a weird mushy, numb, painfull feeling all at the same time.

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

That ought to discourage any fist fights....

Grafts are not uncommon. You might be looking at a "block bone graft" if lots of bone needs replaced. Some source can be one from chin or where a wisdom tooth had been.
Cow bone and collagen maybe for other smaller sites maybe.
Or who knows maybe a human donor.
I've offered to find one for a leg replacement.... but no takers to do the transfer by a surgeon. (Wussies, just kidding Doc., well kinda).
I'm not remembering research as none needed here , but time will factor a few months between a graft and an actual implant in your case probably.
Cosmetics will likely factor in options too.
Having sides to chew with still ,a benefit. While tearing off steak or jerky not an option at least you would still be able to chew well.

With THE correct surgeon , I would expect discomfort a week , much of that getting used to the change ,but manageable pain for just a couple days .
Swish or suck or knock a clot out of a socket prematurely and you'll want to go get it filled probably if air gets in it though, so be mindful of instructions on how to care for your surgery site a couple days..
I've got by with one at least without getting it patched , but caused it too.

First day sucks. We are more sensitive to pain in the evenings usually , so plan on taking the first one off.
Nothing as bad as a bad/hot/lightning bolt tooth or infection though.
As long as you can take Motrin's (if tolerated and prescribed) , no biggie.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope you guys are OK. Teeth, knees, shoulders...TGF's grandson, Scott's birthday...:laughing7:Happy birthday Scotty!!:headbang:

Me? I get needles stuck in/under my eye(s). Then 20 minutes of laser treatments. Sucks. The joy of being a diabetic for 40 years.
I just completed a mobile home that has a two room edition. Everything is new from the laminate flooring to the ceiling. New cabinets/appliances. New insulation and Sheetrock. All new windows, decks, roof, tub shower, air assist flush toilets. (WHOOOOSH!!) Ductless heatpump...also air conditioning. Every light fixture switch outlet is new. It is right next to the 1979 double wide (don't say a @!#$%&* ing thing!:laughing7: That was put here by (new) by my wife's grandparents...is getting demoed. The property has been owned by my wife's family for 50+ years. I get to take this place down. Inside... Viking destruction...outside heavy equipment!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I prefer "manufactured" home vs mobile home.....sounds so much classier. Heck, I can't say chit, we've lived in one for the last 20 years. We had the property, much the same deal as you. When we first looked at putting in a new home, I couldn't make building conventional from scratch pencil out and that was with my family and I doing all the work. We are all contractors of one sort or another but I'd still have to cover a wage for everyone and we all had to keep working on other jobs as well. So instead we shopped around found the one we liked and spent quite a bit more to have it built with 2 x 6 framing, 5/8's rock, Extra insulation, top quality windows and roof, plus a permanent foundation built to California code no different than a regular house. It's been a great home and the only real difference is the dent the payment puts in our bank account at the start of each month, about a third of what the same size conventional home would have cost - which ain't too bad. I've never understood the reasoning behind having a house with a mortage so steep your married to it and can't do anything else because the payment takes it all. We plan to pass the property on to the kids with the hope that they will keep passing it on so building as an investment was never part of the plan.

Cripple Critters!.........Ain't that the truth? LMAO- like I keep saying it beats the alternative.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That ought to discourage any fist fights....

Grafts are not uncommon. You might be looking at a "block bone graft" if lots of bone needs replaced. Some source can be one from chin or where a wisdom tooth had been.
Cow bone and collagen maybe for other smaller sites maybe.
Or who knows maybe a human donor.
I've offered to find one for a leg replacement.... but no takers to do the transfer by a surgeon. (Wussies, just kidding Doc., well kinda).
I'm not remembering research as none needed here , but time will factor a few months between a graft and an actual implant in your case probably.
Cosmetics will likely factor in options too.
Having sides to chew with still ,a benefit. While tearing off steak or jerky not an option at least you would still be able to chew well.

With THE correct surgeon , I would expect discomfort a week , much of that getting used to the change ,but manageable pain for just a couple days .
Swish or suck or knock a clot out of a socket prematurely and you'll want to go get it filled probably if air gets in it though, so be mindful of instructions on how to care for your surgery site a couple days..
I've got by with one at least without getting it patched , but caused it too.

First day sucks. We are more sensitive to pain in the evenings usually , so plan on taking the first one off.
Nothing as bad as a bad/hot/lightning bolt tooth or infection though.
As long as you can take Motrin's (if tolerated and prescribed) , no biggie.

I hear you on the follow instructions part. I still have plenty of sick time left even after my knee episode... So a couple days off is no big deal.
Doctor did mention using "bone in a bottle" for graft. He explained it's only the mineral taken from bones of a cadaver. I can already hear the jokes starting about that! Lol! But it sure beats using my own bone!!!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The father-in-law decided that he didn't want to sell the truck. :BangHead:

Scott

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The father-in-law decided that he didn't want to sell the truck. :BangHead:

Scott

Scott, that's too bad...But there is always another deal!!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't remember which I liked best about remodels: The "demo,"
or the precision craftsmanship that I employed towards the finished project....:icon_scratch:

In a sick, twisted way, I sometimes find myself missing that trade, construction.

Hope all have a GREAT weekend.

Gonna hope my truck lasts a bit longer.....
Perhaps I WILL find my next "Suzi Q" soon!

Always my Best Wishes,

Scott

ADDED:

Quick story....
Had to remodel a basement once and it had a cast iron tub in the bathroom. It had to go....

Yep.

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer "manufactured" home vs mobile home.....sounds so much classier. Heck, I can't say chit, we've lived in one for the last 20 years. We had the property, much the same deal as you. When we first looked at putting in a new home, I couldn't make building conventional from scratch pencil out and that was with my family and I doing all the work. We are all contractors of one sort or another but I'd still have to cover a wage for everyone and we all had to keep working on other jobs as well. So instead we shopped around found the one we liked and spent quite a bit more to have it built with 2 x 6 framing, 5/8's rock, Extra insulation, top quality windows and roof, plus a permanent foundation built to California code no different than a regular house. It's been a great home and the only real difference is the dent the payment puts in our bank account at the start of each month, about a third of what the same size conventional home would have cost - which ain't too bad. I've never understood the reasoning behind having a house with a mortage so steep your married to it and can't do anything else because the payment takes it all. We plan to pass the property on to the kids with the hope that they will keep passing it on so building as an investment was never part of the plan.

Cripple Critters!.........Ain't that the truth? LMAO- like I keep saying it beats the alternative.

"Trailers," "Mobile Homes" or "Manufactured Homes."

The same terms used intermittently by folks depending on where you live in the country.

I have used all three terms, but for me, it is more about how well they were built and how well that they have been maintained. :thumbsup:

Yeah, if you are gonna have one built, spend the extra $$$ to have it done right.

I've reluctantly done remodels on such property that had 2x2 interior studding and insulation that barely rated R30.

And don't forget the cheesy HVAC systems or the use of aluminum wiring!

Unfortunately, just as cars, no matter how well it is built or maintained, they depreciate yearly.
The value in these types of dwellings after 10-20 years rely mainly on the land it sits.

(Hint: Buy up adjacent land when available.)

"Trailers for sale or rent...."

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a Beautiful personality.
(During the intro, tell me the source of the barely audible background music....)

And...

THAT VOICE!

I closed my eyes and was listening to Janis once again at her height with Big Brother and the Holding Company!

Bill, you never cease to post such amazing videos, do you?

Thanks! :headbang:

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Out in Black Mountain a child will smack your face.
I'm saying out on Black Mountain a child will smack your face.
The babies cryin' for liquor, and all the birds sing bass.
Well, those people in Black Mountain are mean as they can be.
And those people in Black Mountain are mean as they can be.
Now they uses gun powder just to sweeten up their tea.
Well, out in Black Mountain you can't keep a good man in jail.
Yeah, out in Black Mountain you can't keep a good man in jail
'Cause if the jury convicts him, the judge will pay his bail.
I had a man in Black Mountain, the sweetest man in town.
I had a man in Black Mountain, the sweetest man in the town.
But then he met a city gal, that's when he throwed me down.
Lord, I'm bound for Black Mountain, me and my razor and my gun,
I'm going back to Black Mountain, me and my razor and my gun.
I'm gonna fire him if he stands still, I'll just cut him if he runs. (R.c. Edit I'm gonna cut em if he stands still ,I'll shoot em if he runs.)
Lord, now you've heard my story, now you've heard my news.
Now my man can clear off, I've got the Blackest Mountain blues.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

Another one for you piece of my heart...

What a Beautiful personality.
(During the intro, tell me the source of the barely audible background music....)

And...

THAT VOICE!

I closed my eyes and was listening to Janis once again at her height with Big Brother and the Holding Company!

Bill, you never cease to post such amazing videos, do you?

Thanks! :headbang:

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Out in Black Mountain a child will smack your face.
I'm saying out on Black Mountain a child will smack your face.
The babies cryin' for liquor, and all the birds sing bass.
Well, those people in Black Mountain are mean as they can be.
And those people in Black Mountain are mean as they can be.
Now they uses gun powder just to sweeten up their tea.
Well, out in Black Mountain you can't keep a good man in jail.
Yeah, out in Black Mountain you can't keep a good man in jail
'Cause if the jury convicts him, the judge will pay his bail.
I had a man in Black Mountain, the sweetest man in town.
I had a man in Black Mountain, the sweetest man in the town.
But then he met a city gal, that's when he throwed me down.
Lord, I'm bound for Black Mountain, me and my razor and my gun,
I'm going back to Black Mountain, me and my razor and my gun.
I'm gonna fire him if he stands still, I'll just cut him if he runs. (R.c. Edit I'm gonna cut em if he stands still ,I'll shoot em if he runs.)
Now my man can clear off, I've got the Blackest Mountain blues.

Ah! An old Bessie Smith tune.

Written by J. C. Johnson.

Released by Bessie on July 22, 1930.
On the Columbia label. #14554D.

1-IMG_1038.JPG
(I have examples of at least 3 different labels pictured above. Maybe half. One, I know, that I have 10-20 discs)

Such a correlation and evolvement of great music came from the early blues to influence a whole generation of music.

Starting really with Elvis recording his version of Big Mama Thornton's, "Hound Dog," to the Beatles, the Stones, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray and the list goes on and on.

"Where has all the good music gone?"

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,

Another one for you piece of my heart...

I like it, but it borders on a "commerciality" and doesn't carry forth the "gravelyness" of Janis's voice that I remember.

Carol always loved Janis, and fancied herself able to emulate the Pearl.
I humored her and played my guitar, she would sing, and we had such good times with music.....
{sniffle}

Be Well, my Friend!

Best,

Scott

PS.

2 more new words for the T-Net dictionary?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah! An old Bessie Smith tune.

Written by J. C. Johnson.

Released by Bessie on July 22, 1930.
On the Columbia label. #14554D.

View attachment 1323897
(I have examples of at least 3 different labels pictured above. Maybe half. One, I know, that I have 10-20 discs)

Such a correlation and evolvement of great music came from the early blues to influence a whole generation of music.

Starting really with Elvis recording his version of Big Mama Thornton's, "Hound Dog," to the Beatles, the Stones, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray and the list goes on and on.

"Where has all the good music gone?"

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me a minute to find what I was lookin' for.....
Being a hoarder, does one have superior memory of where things are located?

Anywhich.....

I found quickly 4 different Columbia labels that I have for just one artist: Ted Lewis.

For some odd, quirky reason, I like Ted and have a total of 30-40 discs. Maybe more.....

None are worth more than $20-$25(?) but the pace of his delivery, and the intonations at the right places,
Scream "Who gives a damn?"
"Life is what it is. Smell a rose, the aroma of life in your nose, and plan today for tomorrow."

View attachment 1323905 View attachment 1323906

View attachment 1323907 View attachment 1323908

Best,

Scott

It appears that the photos are showing up as attachments. Here we go again.

Bummer!

But,
Like Ted would croon,

"Ah! I see a rose"

And I hear a hoot owl outside!

No! For REAL!
Where's my camera?

Scott

So, Here's some attachments!

Attachments

• IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG