CRISPINS CRITTERS

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a call yesterday...from someone I haven't talked to in four years or so. Life gets busy you know. Sometimes you don't realize the impact you've had on someone until years later. I sure didn't...sometimes life throws crap your way. But there's always another day! I know this person has impacted my life in profound ways.
I must do better at staying in touch! If it wasn't for this person in my past, I can honestly say I'd be extremely poor still, and a much different person.
I learned another valuable life lesson from him again yesterday...

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

I find myself also connecting with Folks from my past...
Of MY choosing....

This computer age and all.

And I find new Friends, because of the computer.
Friends that I may never meet,
But will always feel joy in conversing with.

Like you and all of my Friends here!

I always play my cards close to the vest when delving into the past....

Best Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
2GF,

Lots of the details don't add up as to how this happened I'm with you....300 to 1 armed or not he should have been taken out pure and simple.

Regards + HH

Bill

Current generations are raised to be nonviolent socially.
No fighting,teasing,bullying, which is good to avoid ,but leaves self defense out of the equation by avoiding confrontation... as it is deemed a violent activity.
Call the authorities. Flee and hide. Last measure of defense when one is never expected to be needed=?
Victims, as in many assaults/robberies/and other crimes, are often chosen by greatest lack of potential resistance and defense.
Disbelief and confusion during assault , with no premeditated defense or training responding or reacting confirms the selection of soft targets.
A cowardly assault to be sure......but so chosen by a certain mind frame for it's terroristic effect.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I find myself also connecting with Folks from my past...
Of MY choosing....

This computer age and all.

And I find new Friends, because of the computer.
Friends that I may never meet,
But will always feel joy in conversing with.

Like you and all of my Friends here!

Play your cards close to the vest when delving into the past....

Best Wishes,

Scott

I feel the same Scott! I can't express fully how happy I was to hear from him! We have always been good friends, I just wish I could repay him somehow. He forever changed the course of my life!
And your right Scott, the computer technology has done tremendous things to connect people. Like you k consider all of us friends.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'm just in my garage buffing out my latest boat, thinking about the past. How I would have changed many things, how I wish I knew then what I know now. It is true, wisdom does come with age!
How's it look so far?
2950944571e9923ad3126c72008909e4.jpg
93079b001babd966443e5083cf6a4da9.jpg

It's amazing how you can take a old disgusting chalky boat and almost effortlessly shine it up!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RC so right..... Is it the political correctness ? I'm a fighter and a survivor as are all of my friends here. A different generation maybe? I don't know

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dram you rock. I get email updates from that SY Zero sailboat. They are headed to Kodiak AK

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Current generations are raised to be nonviolent socially.
No fighting,teasing,bullying, which is good to avoid ,but leaves self defense out of the equation by avoiding confrontation... as it is deemed a violent activity.
Call the authorities. Flee and hide. Last measure of defense when one is never expected to be needed=?
Victims, as in many assaults/robberies/and other crimes, are often chosen by greatest lack of potential resistance and defense.
Disbelief and confusion during assault , with no premeditated defense or training responding or reacting confirms the selection of soft targets.
A cowardly assault to be sure......but so chosen by a certain mind frame for it's terroristic effect.

As a small, and smart(alek) kid in school, I was the favorite target of bullies.
'Cause I never fought back....

Until the day I said, "NO MORE!"

I totally went off on a 9th grader when I was in 7th grade.

When a male teacher pulled me off of him, he had to go to the hospital with a broken nose.

NOBODY ever bullied me every since. Word got out.
Don't attack 'cause he's strong....

That's a close analogy of this song ...

Perhaps?

Is America weak?
Ripe for the "bully's" attacks?

Scott

Here's some words....

"Suite Madame Blue"

Time after time I sit and I wait for your call
I know I'm a fool but why can I say
Whatever the price I'll pay for you, Madame Blue
Once long ago, a word from your lips and the world turned around
But somehow you've changed, you're so far away
I long for the past and dream of the days with you, Madame Blue

Suite Madame Blue, gaze in your looking glass
You're not a child anymore
Suite Madame Blue, the future is all but past
Dressed in your jewels, you made your own rules
You conquered the world and more ..............heaven's door

America....America...America..America..

Red white and blue, gaze in your looking glass
You're not a child anymore
Red, white, and blue, the future is all but past
So lift up your heart, make a new start
And lead us away from here

Attachment shows helpful image of Scotty as a youngun'.

Attachments

• Picture 597.jpg
    Picture 597.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
As a small, and smart(alek) kid in school, I was the favorite target of bullies.

Until the day I said, "NO MORE!"

I totally went off on a 9th grader when I was in 7th grade.

When a male teacher pulled me off of him, he had to go to the hospital with a broken nose.

NOBODY ever bullied me every since. Word got out.
Don't attack 'cause he's strong....

That's a close analogy of this song ...

Perhaps?

Is America weak; Ripe for the "bully's" attacks?

Scott

Without goin political, yeah America is week. And we all know why.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dram you rock. I get email updates from that SY Zero sailboat. They are headed to Kodiak AK

Sweet!! You have no idea how close I came to buying a sail boat at the boat auction I went to!! I'll say one thing, I've flipped seven boats this season, it's safe to say I've got the bug!! Lol, and the cash! Lol

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

At times we all have to draw a line in the sand and not back down....I've had a few of those moments in my younger years as Scott alluded to....a bully grabbed me and pushed my face in the snow bank when I was a kid almost suffocating me.

Instead of throwing in the towel I went home grabbed a shovel and chased him all the way home....after that the bullying ended.

Lesson learned and have never had many times since needing to push the envelope to have them back down except a few strong words to back off usually works.

Regards + HH

Bill

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Folks,

At times we all have to draw a line in the sand and not back down....I've had a few of those moments in my younger years as Scott alluded to....a bully grabbed me and pushed my face in the snow bank when I was a kid almost suffocating me.

Instead of throwing in the towel I went home grabbed a shovel and chased him all the way home....after that the bullying ended.

Lesson learned and have never had many times since needing to push the envelope to have them back down except a few strong words to back off usually works.

Regards + HH

Bill

Yup, bullies sense confidence!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a call yesterday...from someone I haven't talked to in four years or so. Life gets busy you know. Sometimes you don't realize the impact you've had on someone until years later. I sure didn't...sometimes life throws crap your way. But there's always another day! I know this person has impacted my life in profound ways.
I must do better at staying in touch! If it wasn't for this person in my past, I can honestly say I'd be extremely poor still, and a much different person.
I learned another valuable life lesson from him again yesterday...

I'm glad to hear that the connection was pleasant for you.
Is there a chance of meeting up for whatever you guys like to do?
Like metal detecting, "gearheading" or just to share a beer and get caught up....

Best,

Scott

PS.
Would mountain camping be in the mix of things Y'all like? :occasion14:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree RC, but we need a course change immediately!

Daughter took second in a shoot this weekend.
She is no fan of the peww,peww,pew curtain of lead school of thought , but can shoot well enough when left to her own choice of weapon.
Can throw a knife and a hawk too.
Not a violent atom in her but she does not parade as a victim.
Studied self defense too.
I feel concern now she is grown and out in the world, but have little to say about it except for her to maintain situational awareness.
It has not been political ,but historical , and a side of my past ,and a youth being exposed to a parents lifestyle and that youth rightly choosing what to do when choices and decisions are hers. We are very different in skills and opinions about enough things... but share some interests still occasionally in similar skills that are not mainstream.
We get along due to choosing to get along as well ,and that includes not criticizing the others choices based on either individuals. Questions are fine when polite but answers are voluntary.
Hopefully she will continue to pass the baton herself in teaching some not common anymore skills to her own youth should any come to be... or as demonstrated in the past ,with any sincerely interested in learning..

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'm glad to hear that the connection was pleasant for you.
Is there a chance of meeting up for whatever you guys like to do?
Like metal detecting, "gearheading" or just to share a beer and get caught up....

Best,

Scott

PS.
Would mountain camping be in the mix of things Y'all like? :occasion14:

Yes, looks like we're going to meet up in the future. He doesn't detect, and he's no longer able to turn wrenches. However that won't matter, we always have the laughs!!
I don't think he's up for mountain camping,but it sounds cool to me!
We did use to go to Glamis California all the time in the winter months when I used to live out there. There's nothing like competition hill at night!!
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0b/21/27/0b2127f4a5c83c1618ac762262a3e6ff.jpg
Time lapse photo.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RC my boys and I LOVE to throw the hawk! It's a big competition here! I love it!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diesel,

That's not the type of place I'd be hanging out in Orlando but pretty sure most of the regulars here if we were in a place like that would probably be prepared to use a well placed shot to the back of the head with the nearest chair to neutralize the perp....

Regards + HH

Bill

Yup, bullies sense confidence!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not weak enough Scott, not ..yet.

When America calls,

I AM ALWAYS READY!

Within 24 hours I can be on a flight to anywhere in the world.

Again, I have said too much....

Ummm... I hope I can sell enough crap on ebay for a cheap ticket....

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread