CRISPINS CRITTERS

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, I have a friend in North Bay, we talk almost every night for about two to three hours, except on Wednesday, when he plays cards during the Fall and Winter. He is now going through radiation treatments for the Big "C". He was in the Canadian Air Force, in the 60-70's. I just thought I would mention that, I guess because he is on my mind and in my heart. He is a GREAT GUY, and one of my closes friends for the last twelve years.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, I have a friend in North Bay, we talk almost every night for about two to three hours, except on Wednesday, when he plays cards during the Fall and Winter. He is now going through radiation treatments for the Big "C". He was in the Canadian Air Force, in the 60-70's. I just thought I would mention that, I guess because he is on my mind and in my heart. He is a GREAT GUY, and one of my closes friends for the last twelve years.

Thoughts and prayers for a complete recovery.

Hello 45th_Johnny! Welcome to the show!
I'am Oregon Viking and hail from way out west....
Allow me to introduce you to the area.

smith_river_california.png

DSCN7201.JPG

DSCN9004.JPG

DSCN6859.JPG

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnny,
Heres hoping your friend makes a full recovery and beats the big C.....its a terrible disease and as we get older there seems to be more and more people striken by it.

I lost an older brother to it last year but he did manage to get a 2 year reprieve with treatment.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnny I hope the best. He can make it........ I have and so has my wife.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thank you all.

Oregon, I think that you have found God's Country. That is a beautiful place.

TGF, I also have it, but I have to live with it. Two younger brothers died with it and it was not a the way I want to go. One served four tours the other two, in Vietnam. I am ready to go.

Perimeter checked, over and out.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your finger on the trigger, and your knife sharp! 2GF OUT!

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
45, I think there should be a "hospitality visit" you and I should get together and go see Scotts mountains and then we'll "kidnap " Scott and the 3 of us drop by Uncle Bills, nab him. Grab RC and the rest of the Wolfpack and raid OV's house!!!!! I got the beer!!!!

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please pray for my family today. We have to go to court over my granddaughter.......it's not going to be nice...... we could lose her to her prick father..... a cop and a bully...... my wife and I have been up all night praying.......

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TGF, I will pray for your family. As for the road trip, I will have to take a rain check and only dream about it. Good luck with the court.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We lost........this battle.......there's more to come. Never get off the boat......

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joke of the day --Priest - Don't drink too much liquor. You will go to Hell.
Alcoholic - Will I? What about the guy who sells the liquor?
Priest - He will also go to Hell.
Alcoholic - Ok, what about the guy who sells pork tacos in the food truck outside the Liquor Store?
Priest - He too will go to Hell.
Alcoholic - In that case, I have no problem going to Hell.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2GF,

I'm not familiar with family law least of all in Florida.....for what it's worth since you and your wife have been the primary caregivers to the Grandkids you can always plead abandonment on the part of the negligent parent/parents......just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Here's a link for laws pertaining to child abandonment in Florida.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...tute&URL=0000-0099/0039/Sections/0039.01.html

Good luck.

Regards + HH

Bill

We lost........this battle.......there's more to come. Never get off the boat......

Last edited:

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather then bend your ear telling you stores about me life, I started writing a book, "Tales of a Dead Soldier".

From Chapter One: The Hospital Years

By the time I arrived at Ft. Sam Houston, Texas I had been in three hospitals and had my first dozen surgeries. I arrived in a full body cast and a long arm cast. I was taken to Brook General Hospital, Beach Pavilion, 4th floor. This is where I would spend most of the next years.

I was taken to ward 43A, the amputee ward, and the full body cast was removed and I was placed in traction. By the time they finished the only parts of my body not in traction were my head and right leg. A few weeks later, after they decided not to cut off anymore parts. I was moved to 43B, and my bed was the second closes to the Nurses Station. I had been on the ward for about a week and taken to the Cast Room for a new long arm cast. While I was gone, the head nurse of 43B, a male Captain, reported me AWOL. This started an almost constant battle between us.

I was later moved around the corner from the Nurses Station, out of his sight. My right hand was still in bandages and if I wanted to smoke I would ring the buzzer with my right knee and an orderly would come over. If he or she had time they would light the cigarette, I would take a few puffs and they would leave. One day everyone was busy any I poked my thumb and right ring finger out of the bandages. I grabbed my cigarette pack and shook out one cigarette, put in my mouth, picked up my lighter and lit it. I closed the lighted and put my flaming bandages out by beating them on the upper part of my cast. One day the Captain saw this and reported it the the main head nurse, a female full Colonel. Her reply was, "It is his hand".

Note: Later several of us would leave the hospital in our pajamas and go drink all day at Lone Star and Pearl breweries, switching each day because they would not let us drink for free two days in a roe. The Captain never said a word.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnny,

Given what you've been through it's amazing you managed to survive you must have tough genes.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread