Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until kickoff, my favorite movie is on. The Outlaw Josey Wales

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woke Sunday morning with a sore throat; Didn't go shooting.
Woke Monday with a sore throat AND feeling lousy. Still went to work.
Had to....after all, I'm the Employee of the Month.
I kept my distance from everyone and just did my job.
Woke up today and still felt bad.
Yep, still went to work....

Final count so far of change bought from Greg is:
$670 in quarters.
$140 in dimes.
$48 in nickels.
Tomorrow he's going to bring his cents.
I'm only about half-way through sorting the quarters.
I got the quarter tubes today but I'll probably get 30 more.
Haven't even started with the dimes and nickels yet.....

Still feel lousy...
Gonna have a cup or two of bullion with a pinch of sage before I go to bed soon.

Hope all are feeling better than me....

Best,

Scott

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,
Try a mug of water with the juice of 1/2 lemon and keep doing it until you flush it out of your system.

Regards + HH

Bill

$670 in quarters.
$140 in dimes.
$48 in nickels.

Still feel lousy...
Gonna have a cup or two of bullion with a pinch of sage before I go to bed soon.

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the delirium of my illness, I realize that I'm a glutton for punishment.

I just messaged the Administrator of a Facebook group that I no longer Moderate, to wit:

David, I will reconsider Moderating if you make it easier for me to do so. I created a similar group with a set of rules that I think you should consider. I have noticed a proliferation of bullshi*t postings since I requested to be removed as a Moderator. Here's the site that I created. xxxxxxxx. Feel free to consider updating your groups rules using any that you find to be useful. I then would like to continue to moderate for your group.
Help me to help you clean up the sh*t that some are posting! I believe in your site, otherwise I would not have offered to help in the first place. Without proper, clear rules and the diligence of dedicated Moderator help, any group will just become a site for spam and scam. Let's not let that happen. Let's get a grip on your creation!

Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment.....

Scott

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

$670 in quarters.
$140 in dimes.
$48 in nickels.

Still feel lousy...

Best,

Scott

Getting time for a doctor?

Meanwhile ,check environment. C02 monitor at home. Appliance checks. Mold check.
Air quality around battery charging area at work. Dust on floor and equipment from how many countries? Especially battery corrosion dust....
A non toxic particle dust mask might help. Cheap enough at a paint/ hardware shop if your work does no carry them. At least when you are on the floor wrenching.

Air make up quality and air balance ,filter conditions ,( mold again ,and if heating due to recent cold weather after being idle a long time....could be burning pollen ,or who knows what.) A smell in the shop like burning potatoes can indicate exhaust being sucked back in,or a burner too rich.

Humidity level in sleeping area compared to a week ago.
Wash hands after coin sorting,l.o.l...

I have part of one tonsil after removal that grew back. It has gone mad with infection a couple times since.

Get well man. Been too long already.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott,
Try a mug of water with the juice of 1/2 lemon and keep doing it until you flush it out of your system.

Regards + HH

Bill

I have been taking 1000mg of Vitamin C, BID, (twice a day) and have eaten 2 grapefruits in the last 2 days.
Vitamin C is water soluble so therefore I do not worry about over use....

My appetite has not diminished although my sense of smell and taste has....
The only thing to make it through to my palate is habanero.

My Grandmother, a teetotaler, used to make a "Hot Toddy" employing hot water, honey and vinegar in place of whiskey.
Perhaps there is something to the ways of the past....

I think I've got some whiskey around here somewhere....Honey? Maybe.

Best,

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting time for a doctor?

Meanwhile ,check environment. C02 monitor at home. Appliance checks. Mold check.
Air quality around battery charging area at work. Dust on floor and equipment from how many countries? Especially battery corrosion dust....
A non toxic particle dust mask might help. Cheap enough at a paint/ hardware shop if your work does no carry them. At least when you are on the floor wrenching.

Air make up quality and air balance ,filter conditions ,( mold again ,and if heating due to recent cold weather after being idle a long time....could be burning pollen ,or who knows what.) A smell in the shop like burning potatoes can indicate exhaust being sucked back in,or a burner too rich.

Humidity level in sleeping area compared to a week ago.
Wash hands after coin sorting,l.o.l...

I have part of one tonsil after removal that grew back. It has gone mad with infection a couple times since.

Get well man. Been too long already.

The weather has been somewhat disagreeable lately....

Cold, rainy and windy one day.
Warm and sunny the next.
One is never really sure how to dress for the day...

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perusing a Facebook site that I'm a member, from my hometown,
I posted regarding a bookstore from my youth...

Keeler's bookstore, just north of Duckwalls. Used to buy stamps for my collection back in the 60's at Keeler's. Ernst and Son's Hardware.
They had calendars that were prized as Christmas gifts for my Grandfather....

That simple post yielded a plethora or replies. One, a reply from the sister of a childhood girlfriend. A connection was made.

Then, I got a Friend request from one whom I haven't seen for over 40 years.
I've spent the last hour reminiscing times of pain shared in the loss of Friends and times of amusement.
Like the time that I got into it with a mutual Friend's girlfriend, who "rode a broom," and I threw a cup of beer in her face. What a waste of beer!
He knew much of my life from way back and filled me in about Friends whom have passed.
At times during the messages, I laughed.
Other times, I nearly cried.
When it was time to close, I felt fortunate to have reconnected.

I still think that he owes me some stamps from a deal of 40 years ago....Some US Airmails, if I remember correctly....
Yeah, I remember that far back....

Best,

Scott

PS:
Just bought 30 more quarter coin tubes....

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like tools.
Last week, as I was changing a drive wheel, The bearing was observed to be needing to be replaced.
Well, to remove the bearing, a "snap ring" needs to be removed.

6715724-23.jpg

(Helpful image of a snap ring.)

Anyway, It takes a special tool to remove and install said snap ring.

I do not have that tool.

I eventually borrowed the tool to perform my job and vowed that if any further borrowing was involved,
one would borrow the tool from me.
So, I purchased the tool on ebay and soon it will find a place in my tool chest!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Heavy-D...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Dig?

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One can say that I like tools.
OK. Just say that I LOVE tools!

Last week, as I was changing a drive wheel, The bearing was observed to be needing to be replaced.
Well, to remove the bearing, a large "snap ring" needs to be removed.

6715724-23.jpg

(Helpful image of a snap ring.)

Anyway, It takes a specialty tool to remove and install said snap ring.

I do not have that tool.

I eventually borrowed the tool to perform my job and vowed that if any further borrowing was involved,
one would borrow the tool from me.
So, I purchased the tool on ebay and soon it will find a place in my tool chest!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Heavy-D...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Dig?

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I had to post more on my local hometown Facebook group site....

AH! Drakes!. (A Donut mecca that is no longer) On 9th Street. Lines formed when the bars closed. Late night fare for the stoners. Hot, fresh donuts for the masses! And, when it was late after studying for finals, Go get a card at the Yellow Sub. (A sandwich shop on the KU Campus) A toasted sandwich was the best reward for one who had a hard Final. I'm waiting for them to call my Queen of Hearts....ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! A "Local" and a Student! 1977 LHS Graduate.

AND...

Speaking of late night fare, "Shorty's" on Mass. Street was good for short orders....Biscuits and gravy!
Yeah, I know of food in Lawrence. I once was the kitchen Manager at a Sorority at KU. During "Parent's Day." And I've cooked in other restaurants from when I was 14 years old, beginning at King's Food Host on 23rd St. Odds are that you've eaten a meal that I cooked.

Best,

Scott

Here's a little background....

I started cooking when I was 4 or 5.

I would pull a chair up to the stove into the kitchen to help my Mom with dinner.
At first, I was in charge of stirring.
Then, I quickly learned how to add seasonings.

By the time I was 7, I was cooking breakfast for my Dad.
I knew how he liked his eggs.....
When I was about 14, I was hired as a dishwasher and busboy at King's Food Host.
2 days later I was promoted to Desserts.
By the following Saturday, I was the Breakfast cook.

In High School, I was denied attendance to
a Calculus class because I hadn't attended Trigonometry.
My response?
"Fine."
I'll take "Let's Cook."
A class for the girls? Yeah!

Ole Scotty was the only guy in the class and all the Girls wanted to be in my "Kitchen."
Dig?

I taught the Teacher about the displacement theory of measurement.

Needless to say that I passed....:laughing7:

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The weather has been somewhat disagreeable lately....

Cold, rainy and windy one day.
Warm and sunny the next.
One is never really sure how to dress for the day...

Scott

Still searching environment...Dust mites,blanket fibers , ink poisoning ,l.o.l..

My method of dressing for the weather is L.S. or S.S.. For cool/ cold weather the following day a long sock is set out at night. For warm weather ,a short sock.
So, of late long socks are wash victims. One can be scrunched to ankle in a warm situation ,but lack of fat and circulation in a shin means even if hands and radiator head are covered the shin remains a heat radiating device. Simple, or crazy ; a body leaks from extremities even if trying to save it's core temp....
Layers allow adjusting to varying conditions throughout the day.

Due to King Kong gripping me about the neck ,a hood keeps cold wind off the aching vertebrate when outdoors.
Have not needed a parka for general use yet this winter ,but your time in Germany will attest to the benefit of sheltered kidneys and maintaining core temp..

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joke of the day —One Sunday morning, while stationed at Osan Air Base in South Korea, I was in line for breakfast and noticed that the cook behind the counter looked kind of harassed. After I gave him my order, he asked me how I wanted my eggs.

Not wanting to burden him further, I said cheerfully, "Oh, whatever is easiest for you."

With that, he took two eggs, cracked them open onto my plate, and handed it back to me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread