CRISPINS CRITTERS

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Joke of the day —One Sunday morning, while stationed at Osan Air Base in South Korea, I was in line for breakfast and noticed that the cook behind the counter looked kind of harassed. After I gave him my order, he asked me how I wanted my eggs.

Not wanting to burden him further, I said cheerfully, "Oh, whatever is easiest for you."

With that, he took two eggs, cracked them open onto my plate, and handed it back to me

What the heck? Only two eggs? L.o.l..

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Scott: You have the flu?

As little as I go out in public....grocery shopping might have been the source of virus causing my feeling like a bear whupped me ,plus a hearty cold.

Hang in there...

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RC,

Knock on wood me and the missus havent had a serious cold in at least 5 years. We max out on onions, garlic, lemon, etc and it seems to keep the bugs away.

Regards + HH

Bill

Scott: You have the flu?

As little as I go out in public....grocery shopping might have been the source of virus causing my feeling like a bear whupped me ,plus a hearty cold.

Hang in there...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
RC,

Knock on wood me and the missus havent had a serious cold in at least 5 years. We max out on onions, garlic, lemon, etc and it seems to keep the bugs away.
Regards + HH

Bill

We hit onions and garlic enough.....lemon juice ,no. Vitamins C& D when feeling buggish and a multi vitamin a day.
Uncle , I would about eat tofu if it would avoid this.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Friend, from many years ago, posted something tonight on Facebook, that I had to reply to.
I have read many of his post of past, but have never replied.
I suspect that he is suffering from depression, the causes of which, I cannot deduce....
He posted this tonight:

Now I take intense study of myself and I detect the cause. I am a old man, and I have ran through unaccountable years unknowingly growing older while my mind fashioned a diffrent realization, diffrent world...the world..
This thought stops me and I sway. My shoulders back against a wall and scrape some inches down. My heart begins to beat unnaturally in my ears, and I feel a leaping in my chest. Down I slide with eyes wide till my arms rest on the floor in this moment of clarity and cloister.
This world has gone on without me and will continue to do so and be exactly as it was without me, without change.
This warn out husk of a man slowly fading effects no one and nothing, except the darkness which becomes fuller with each passing thought. Before sanity escapes I must do one final act in this drama I call life. Remove the material images that bring me back to the painful realization I am fading like light. Better to have no focal point to reference my loss, to count the web's strand by strand collected in memories reflected on the things that surround me. Rid my world of material belongings from the past man I was in so doing remove the loss.
Now the window of clarity is closing, time runs short, and I begin to wonder where I've gone as I search for myself and find emptiness.
I felt I breathed an atmosphere of sorrow,
a air of stern, deep, penetrating gloom,
that pervades all,
to laugh....but smile no more.

I replied thus:

Friend, we all grow older. Yet, in our "older" age, we have gained what can only be obtained through the experiences of age; Knowledge. Though the days may pass more rapidly, we are the ones who know the ways of the world and what is in the hearts and minds of those around us. We know what lies ahead in any situation that we may encounter for we have seen with our own eyes what youth has yet to even imagine. Do not let age be an adversary. Age is akin to wisdom, if you have paid attention. Embrace age as a constant and unwavering Friend. Certainly others find your strength and wisdom to be their guide. Perhaps those who look up to your wisdom will show the effects of your guidance and you will smile to yourself, knowing that you have a made a difference in another's life....What more can one ask for as a Human Being? Be Well, my Friend!

I certainly hope that I've provided words of inspiration....

Scott

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Friend just replied:

Friend, thank you for your generous offering of wisdom towards me, I am humbled by such compassion. The only thing certain I have found in all my wisdom is the extent of my own ignorance. Time has not answered questions but has posed more complex ones that seem to have no answers. Guidance truly is benificial in life's journey but knowledge of destination a necessity to which no one is sure, a special myself. Your words encourage and are insightful, thank you again my friend.

I then replied:

I often find myself telling the youth who look up to me for guidance, "You don't get to be old by being stupid." I then have to prove myself as being wise. Sometimes it is a challenge. But, I'm sure that we are up to the challenge. The future that you wish for is easily achieved when you apply what you have learned along life's road of hard lessons. Certainly we all have made mistakes along the way, but, we are here to impart the wisdom that we have learned to those who are just beginning the journey. And, in doing so, we shall live forever in their memory! My Best Wishes.

I feel as though I have helped.....

Scott

ADDED:

This is a Friend of my First Wife's Brother, whom I infected with the "Metal Detecting Bug" some 40 years ago....
I had a couple of beep sticks and I put one in his hand and we went out and found treasures!
He just replied....In support of my Friend.
Sometimes the interwebs are a great thing!

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And, though I am still "under the weather,"
I still love the sound of a 12 string Ovation!
And memories of yesterday.....
Sometimes, that's all that I need....

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps next weekend I'll get a couple or 4 more service ribbon tats....I'll see about posting tomorrow the tats I have....
Many errands to run tomorrow....

Y'all be well!

Scott

26803221_10213506627438133_487144603_n.png

26755698_10213506630838218_1521617412_n.png

26856922_10213506651318730_512049174_n.png

26793908_10213506659358931_1785522251_n.png

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does time have a conscience?
NO!
Does time have a name?
Yes.
Thief!

Scott

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RC,
If you're not keen on lemon we manage to get cases of clementines for about $5.00 or so this time of year so fairly cheap given the volume you get probably 30 or so.

Regards + HH

Bill

We hit onions and garlic enough.....lemon juice ,no. Vitamins C& D when feeling buggish and a multi vitamin a day.
Uncle , I would about eat tofu if it would avoid this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions